My Mountain Tree House Grow

• Thread starter derkaderk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
derkaderk

derkaderk

It's getting late in the season, and I thought I'd share some off my experiences over the past few months.

I started this season off on a complete whim, and where I've ended up is kind of unreal so far.

I randomly decided at the end of June to get back into the gardening spirit. I had been gifted several tomato plants and various other ornamental plants from a nursery...the more pots I filled,the more I wanted to plant.

I had extra soil and pots....so I called up a local and got 4 clones.
2 raskal fire og
2 blue haze

I got them into their ocean forest soil and gave them love.

Things started taking a dive rather quick...I didn't inspect the clones at all when I received them (first grow in 10 years...stupid mistake)

All four clones were infested with mites, and PM. I initially brushed it off as a bad transplant shock...no.

Score:
Both blue haze totally decimated
Both fire OG somehow I kept alive

After spraying with neem the fire og looked even worse. Burned from residual oil built up on the leaves.

This made me really upset, so I decided to dig into my stash of beans and get popping. (All my beans have come from bag seed...all from mmj clinics in SoCal.

I never labeled any of them but I'm predictable. I usually don't stray too far from OG, chem, bubba, skunk genetics( I'm not a geneticist, so don't yell at me if those fall in the same line)

So I picked out 18 of the same seeds(Visually=/) got them into damp paper towels, and waited.

15 of 18 germinated
3 of 18 molded..not sure what happened.

I carefully dropped them into 4 inch pots and set them in my window.
3 of 15 failed to "shed their shell" I used tweezers and removed the outside as carefully as possible.
2 of 3 of these died in later days....leaving me a total of 13 living healthy plants.

Before my plants showed their sex, I was nervous the fire OG wasn't doing well. Not a great start early on and worried about a shorter season in the mountains, I called up another bud and got 2 clones from him....mite free!!! He calls them java OG (sfv OG × komodo male) seriously smells like fresh coffee early in the morning.

I've never considered myself a lucky person in general...but I hit the lotto with this batch.....all 13 plants turned out female!!!!!!

I'll upload pics I've taken along the way, and post them along the way.

I've already harvested the fire OG (2ounces dry) potent stuff,just airy.

Now I'm left with my bean girls and my java girls.

Pheno #1 indica Dom, short, fat main cola, frosty, semetrical branching, good branch bud development. Smells like pepper and herbs, pine undertone. 5 leaflet fan max.

Pheno#2 sativa Dom, medium height, small leaf structure, heavy yield. Smell herbs and pine.

Pheno#3 sativa Dom, tall, huge waxy green leaves, lank. Super stretchy, lemon skunk fuel scent.

Happy growing,
Derka
My mountain tree house grow

Some of the beans early on

My mountain tree house grow 2

Fire OG
My mountain tree house grow 4

Java OG
My mountain tree house grow 3

Pheno #1 out of all 13, she's the only one.
My mountain tree house grow 5

Pheno#3

I'll take more pictures tomorrow and post my update...all the girls are pretty big now.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thanks for sharing your grow with us :D Look forward to more pics!!

derkaderk

derkaderk

Oh and thanks for stopping in @LittleDabbie =)

Sorry still a newb to the site, figuring stuff out=).

Dunge

Dunge

(All my beans have come from bag seed...all from mmj clinics in SoCal.
.....all 13 plants turned out female!!!!!!
Luck?
More likely hermy seeded fems.
Not a promising place to start.
If I had access to keeper clones, I'd learn to spot mites and buy good cuts.
Bag seed is a waste of space in my garden.

edit: growing mmj is better than not growing it, so good on you for some nice plants out of the effort.

derkaderk

derkaderk

@Dunge I just try and keep positive =) I realize with all 13 being female,they most likely came from a herm plant,and won't have the most desirable traits we would find in clone only cuts. I'm not planning on looking for a keeper Pheno, or anything of the sort. I just have a passion for gardening,and hey, a little mid grade herb for free is cool too.

I plan on running verified genetics next summer, and will have actually planned everything out well in advance.

This was thrown together at best=)

I appreciate your comments.:)

derkaderk

derkaderk

Ok so here it goes...I took some pictures this morning, and I'm pretty sure I have 2 different strains from the beans. I initially thought they were all the same, but I'm starting to thing there is just too much variability from plant to plant. Or the genetics are just that unstable. Either way it's kind of a different point of view than I've ever gotten before. Each plant kind of had its own personality. For that reason I will no longer be describing them as different phenos, just as numbers.

The java girls 3 weeks into flower

#1) This girl is a midget,but man is she mean...she was the biggest, fastest grower in veg, then stopped and starting blooming HARD!haha

#2) she's a big girl for a 3 gallon pot but she'll finish out fine.
0902140709a2

#3) not as stretchy, bigger flowers
0902140709b2

#4)Another stretchy girl, big fan leaves, but small leaf structure took over after flowing began.

#5)Shorter,really sharp serrated blades, slow grower, late bloomer, every leaf that comes out looks wrinkled, but flattens out over time(I think it's a recessive genetic trait)also shows mutated growth. Picture below:

derkaderk

derkaderk

Continued:

#6-10) all look to be very similar
#6-8) late transplant and topped 4 ft
#9-10) 6 ft. Tall super stretchy, huge fan leaves, lemon pinesol funk smell.
0902140726b2

Huge fan leaf
0902140713a2

#11)poor girl, I ran out of pots....she's flowing in a 4 inch pot

That's all I have for the moment.

Happy gardening!!!
Derka

straincreation

straincreation

Thats pretty tight in that tree house . Me and a buddy where just talking about doing this, thinking of doing this same thing but a fully dedicated grow in the trees. Would be sick. Nice plants, keep it up.
happy farmin;)
Also welcome to the farm

Last edited:
derkaderk

derkaderk

Thanks @straincreation for the welcome.

This house definitely has its privacy, but it's on a cliff up in the canopy layer. I would love to get some ladies in the earth, but that's not possible here.

See you around the farm,
Derka

straincreation

straincreation

where are you u.s.? how many hours of full sun are these ladies getting? man i miss the outdoors, i try to stay away from OD threads they make me sad:(
but you gotta love it. tree house or not.
happy farmin;)

derkaderk

derkaderk

@straincreation the girls get about 8.5 hours full sun, and about an hour of part shade before the sun goes over the ridge. I live in the beautiful San Bernardino mountains here in SoCal :D

Funny, I get sad looking at some indoor grows...such frosty nugs indoors:eek:

The grass is always greener I guess, haha.
Derka

straincreation

straincreation

you can achieve greatness outside enough said.
why no plants on ground?, county limits?
i live in so cal and in the city might i add, i grew 12 footers in my back yard 3yrs straight. till the rippers came. damn rippers:blackeye:
happy farmin;)

derkaderk

derkaderk

Rippers suck:mad:

My problem is I have no flat ground, zero...haha. Steep ass cliff....but then if I did go into the ground I'd have to work the soil major. Very clayish, lots of decomposing granite.

I could get it done, but it would take a few years before it was optimal....and since I want to move, it's best i just save the effort for a new property.

derkaderk

derkaderk

@straincreation I just ran across some of your other threads, you know your stuff dude.
Derka

straincreation

straincreation

thanks bro, but theres many more farmers here that, if you stick around you will find , got years and years on me, but its all good we are all here for the same cause.
growin, soil,dwc,nft,coco, the list goes on, we are all here to fight the good fight.
happy farmin;)

straincreation

straincreation

ya if your gonna move, and its a mission to dig then i say forget all that, but get some pots down there let those ladies get a bit more sun if possible. they look happy no doubt but a bit more sun will do you good..
happy farmin;)

derkaderk

derkaderk

Thanks for stopping in @Orcaman

I love being outdoors, it's freeing...

@straincreation I'm kinda humbled by the few people that I've had interactions with. I love the farm already.

derkaderk

derkaderk

Good morning from the tree house!

We had 2heavy thunder storms this week, and the girls got a little battered. I think they liked it though,cause I've had an explosion of growth the last 3days in the garden.

Some of the pistils were damaged a bit, but nothing I don't think they won't bounce back from.

I took just a few early morning shots...I plan on taking pictures of each girl later in the day.

Some damaged pistil but she's starting to pack on the frost.
0910140841a2

This girl was super fragrant this morning. Rotten pineapple,grapefruit, sweet scent.
0910140838a2

This is my shortly girl. Packing on the frost and smelling of pepper,sage and pine.

Anyone know what this bug is? I've found a few...seem to be beneficial, as I see no damage from them.

That's all for the moment...I'll have more shots later today.
Happy farming,
Derka

Latest posts

Top Bottom