My name is Will and I need help.

• Thread starter Fully_Ris3n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fully_Ris3n

Fully_Ris3n

One month into grow. I don't know what to do. Water is 7.0 ph runoff is 6.5 ph. Just transplanted to bigger pots. No nutrients added, just watering. 300 watt led light. They were great the first 4 weeks. Now this is week 5 and this started.
My name is will and i need help
My name is will and i need help 2
My name is will and i need help 3
My name is will and i need help 4

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

It looks like you are having some root zone issues, most likely related to Ph. The growth appears stunted.

Do those pots offer drainage at the bottom? Do you Ph the water before adding it to the plant, if so at what level?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

The Ph range is going to be too high for the plant, it won't be able to absorb nutrients in that range. Ideally with soil, you want it around 6.3. Adjusting that will be important.

Some people will buy a special meter to measure the Ph, anywhere from $100 to $30 or other people will use a special drop / color system which cost around $10. General Hydroponics makes that kit and they also sell Ph UP or Ph DOWN adjusters, usually $10 a bottle.

PPM stands for part per million and what that is measuring is the TDS (total dissolved solids) in your water / nutrients. Basically it tells you too much food or not enough food in there.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Lemon juice from walmart will bring your ph down :) Like the guy up there said drainage is important and optimum for soil is 6.3. You dont want to water until its feather light and dry. And last but not least, you might want to consider a nute regimen good for soil and easy to use like Earth Juice Seablast. Some people like Fox Farms and GH as well.

Fully_Ris3n

Fully_Ris3n

It looks like you are having some root zone issues, most likely related to Ph. The growth appears stunted.

Do those pots offer drainage at the bottom? Do you Ph the water before adding it to the plant, if so at what level?
Yes they have drainage. I just transplanted them and the roots looks white and thick. Water is between 7-7.5 ph.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yes they have drainage. I just transplanted them and the roots looks white and thick. Water is between 7-7.5 ph.
You need to bring that PH way down to 6.3. That will solve your nute lockout. Might want to see if you can drill some more holes into those pots. You're going to have to have a masonry bit and a feather light touch to pull it off without splitting them though. And last but not least, city water? No big deal. Just ph it and you should be good. The other thing you can do is buy a cheap RO system that feeds into your faucet. But it's not necessary. I lived in a very large metro area on city water for almost 20 years and my plants thrived :) You do need to get on a nutrient program. Soil depletes quick and cannabis needs consistency to remain viable and spit flowers.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Good, I was wondering if it was sitting in its own stew. Drainage, check! See my above post (#5) about Ph levels and how to check them, that is going to make a positive impact on your grow.

Fully_Ris3n

Fully_Ris3n

Ok. My PH meter is on the fritz. Now it's reading 4.3 PH. Even m my tap reads 4.3. Going to get some test strips tonight. I also have a PPM meter that will be here tomorrow. I have masonry bits. I will put more holes in both but I get a decent amount of runoff already. I have the fox farm trio.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Ok. My PH meter is on the fritz. Now it's reading 4.3 PH. Even m my tap reads 4.3. Going to get some test strips tonight. I also have a PPM meter that will be here tomorrow. I have masonry bits. I will put more holes in both but I get a decent amount of runoff already. I have the fox farm trio.

Wild. Batteries and buffer is about all you can do to a stick pen. Fox Farms puts out a proven product. I've used it as recently as this year. You want that thing draining completely so more holes are always better. You may want to consider fabric grow bags on your next grow. Things are cheap and drain in a most excellent way.

Fully_Ris3n

Fully_Ris3n

Wild. Batteries and buffer is about all you can do to a stick pen. Fox Farms puts out a proven product. I've used it as recently as this year. You want that thing draining completely so more holes are always better. You may want to consider fabric grow bags on your next grow. Things are cheap and drain in a most excellent way.
What can I use to bring the ph up? Besides the up and down kit.

Top Bottom