My New Grow Room Pics

• Thread starter Hillbillybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hillbillybud

Hillbillybud

How does it look ?just started my new grow room finally out of the closet and got some space.

My new grow room pics
My new grow room pics 2
Dunge

Dunge

Congratulations on such a nice space.

My first thought is, in the long run, I don't believe that blue tarp is going to sufficiently protect the carpet.
Might want to wrap a shower curtain tent around them if you are having trouble keeping your humidity in the 50% range.

I'm looking forward to watching your girls turn into shrubberies.

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

this is so wrong.. dog, carpet, tarp.. 12SQFT grow area vs 120SQFT room, looks like no run off.. you could spend $100 and build a ply wood box in that room thats all sealed off. best of luck brotha ill be watching to see how it goes i hope you prove me wrong..

BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond

Well... It's a start. You got a big too for a small setup. Can I suggest a small grow tent? You and your girls will be much happier. The environment will be easier to control, and you may as well maximize reflectivity for that light. Just my 2 cents...

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Drainage in those buckets is gonna be key. Set the buckets into a tray, kiddie pool, or a shallow plastic flood tray would work and cut some 1/2-3/4in holes in the bottom of the bucket, i think my next run i may consider putting stones into the tray to keep my pots up away from runoff, ideally you have a tray that is up off the ground far enough you can put a spigot on it and drain the runoff out of the tray. If you dont alow drainage in the buckets you will get salt buildup if youre using synthetic nutes, makes a good environment for root rot, fungus gnats, im sure plenty of anerobic microbes as well. I also recommend that as the plants get taller and dont need those bottom few leaves that you trim them up and fill the buckets in with more soil, this will allow for airflow across the top of the soil to avoid keeping it too moist and again attracting pests.

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

If that entire room is for growing you have some nice space to work with. Can't see left of the picture is the room any larger?

Some pointers if you do not mind.
Do like @ArcticOrange said and get some trays under them buckets with some drainage holes.

Cover that carpet with some 6-10mill plastic and tape the seams. You can get the weather plastic @ any hardware store for about $20 for a 4x25foot rool. Water and carpet can breed mold and fungi.

6 plants take no way close to that amount of space. push them up closer to the wall to get some reflective light off them white walls.

With a room that size invest in some 2x4s and cut that room in 1/2. Slap up some paneling on the new wall and give them all a nice flat titanium white paint job.

That little spot over by the window I would also wall off and use it for all your future utilities.

With a room that size you would be shooting for 1/2 veg 1/2 grow IMO.

In short 2x4s and latex paint are cheap for <$100 you could section that room off with temporary walls and make better use of that space. Best of luck with your new grow room and remember its never done and there is always something you can do to make it better.

Top Bottom