My new Palram Bella Greenhouse.

• Thread starter AZLandshaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

Set this up last week in my yard after
Finding it on sale online. Took me 5 hours to assemble. I’m eager to see what can be done in an 8x8 greenhouse. I’ve already seen that it requires some fine tuning in respect to air leaks. I’ll have to retrofit some swamp cooler action and figure out a way to generate heat when needed.
Im planning on a handfull of photdeterminant plants on one side and some autos on the other. I’ve got to get a project out of my garage and I’m hoping to make this the new deal. I’d like to get a floating lettuce rig and some indeterminant peppers in their too.
ive got hundreds of seeds from a skunk no 1 project gone south.
hope the neighbors don’t have any issue.

7E98071A 185D 497B 8431 8B3584154C88
CF52B2AD F3CD 45C0 829D E4E935E07097
0DB03F0E 7660 4193 B4E2 D651E07879D0
BF419B0A DBB0 49DF AA96 DAEB1A0BD81F
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
very nice!! cant wait till you get your grow on! lol

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

$900+ tax. Was an open box special. I regularly see these for prices between 1100 and 1500. Have been looking for a while. Need to come up w an elegant swamp cooler option. Anyone w ideas please speak up. In not a fan of mobile units and have been looking at DIY and window units primarily. Have an auto arm for the vent arriving soon. Looks like solar fans are an easy solution for air circulation. Like an old VW van this is a hobby one can spend a few dollars on. Ouch.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Its really shaded right there. I have the 8×12 from them. I gave it as much sun as possible.
I find it adds about 1.5 months on either end of my grow season. Its really great in the fall. Lets me make sure my outdoor finishes

growsince79

growsince79

$900+ tax. Was an open box special. I regularly see these for prices between 1100 and 1500. Have been looking for a while. Need to come up w an elegant swamp cooler option. Anyone w ideas please speak up. In not a fan of mobile units and have been looking at DIY and window units primarily. Have an auto arm for the vent arriving soon. Looks like solar fans are an easy solution for air circulation. Like an old VW van this is a hobby one can spend a few dollars on. Ouch.
I wish I had a green house. Says its virtually unbreakable. I wonder if it can handle golf ball hail? Rated at 62 mph winds. It wouldn't last long here unless there was a way to reinforce it..

Xebediah

Xebediah

Very nice setup. Have you checked out ACF Greenhouses? I've ordered a ventilation fan plus a white shade cloth from them for my 10 x 12. I'll probably look into getting a misting system setup as well. Their products are rather inexpensive in comparison. They also have an air flow calculator that will help determine the amount of air flow needed to cool down the space by certain percentages. All you have to do is plug in your greenhouse dimensions.

https://www.acfgreenhouses.com/greenhouse-fan-calculator.aspx

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

I’ll look at that site. I’m thinking I’ll build a small “water wall”.
It IS very shady there but i
Live in the desert and full blown sun can be too much to handle. My tomatoes never could handle full sun so I figured the ganj also would benefit from some shaded hours. I won’t hesitate to move it if the exposure Isn’t enough. I’m also considering the use of some lighting. I’ve got a lot of Lights left from a warehouse grow I was running 6 years back and a few new LED setups from
My garage project.
I have a couple tunnels infull sun. They require extreme measures to keep plants on production mode.

Xebediah

Xebediah

I have a couple tunnels infull sun. They require extreme measures to keep plants on production mode.
What kind of extreme measures? You have pictures? I may want to build tunnels over my raised beds that are in full sun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom