My New Toy (DR120 w/ 1000w MH/HPS)

• Thread starter NugNation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NugNation

Hey everyone! I just picked up my new toy yesterday (aka flowering room). I got a secret jardin DR 120 tent, 1,000w quantum switchable and dimmable digital ballast with 1000w HPS and MH bulbs and a 6" active air inline fan. Right now I've just got my 6 babies in there so I'm gonna let them veg out for a couple more weeks before i flip the switch, then it's off to the races! :banana1sv6: So far I'm really impressed with the setup, the materials and build quality of the tent are just fantastic, especially for the money. The tent went up in about 30-45 minutes by myself so this thing could be torn down in no time, and it's a perfect environment in there! First pic is the tent by itself, 2nd with the lights/can fan in there with my babies, and the 3rd is what it looks like from the outside. :rastadancing:

This grow is legal under amendment 20 in CO, let me know what you think!

My new toy dr120 w 1000w mhhps
My new toy dr120 w 1000w mhhps 2
My new toy dr120 w 1000w mhhps 3
N

NugNation

shit i'm not sure why but every time i upload pictures one comes out upside down! anyone know why it does that?

S

slimjoint

nice set up, what strain is it?
and how do you plan to grow them,training wise?

N

NugNation

nice set up, what strain is it?
and how do you plan to grow them,training wise?

In there are 2 Jah Kush, 1 Blueberry, 1 Chemdog, 1 GDP, and 1 Cindy99xHaze. I tied the Chemdog down and cut the top off to make it branchier and then I let it go back straight. i've also been trying my hand at the FIM technique with varying amounts of success. This is my first real run so I've been trying not to over-complicate things. Any suggestions? I'm going to veg them for about two more weeks so let me know anything you think could help.

B

bngrips

Very nice, NN. Just got a DR 120 myself. Is that a passive intake I see? It almost looks like its hooked to your a/c unit there.

N

NugNation

Very nice, NN. Just got a DR 120 myself. Is that a passive intake I see? It almost looks like its hooked to your a/c unit there.

right you are. it's passive for now, just posted suckin cold air in from outside. Once summer starts i'll probably have it sucking air from the a/c unit.

O

ONLYTHEDANK

looks nice do u have co2 in there?or is the door opening enough?

N

NugNation

looks nice do u have co2 in there?or is the door opening enough?

no co2. Don't you need to have everything sealed to run co2? I think the tent would be too small to fit an a/c unit and dehumidifier in that case. Are there any other ways to run co2? Also, is negative pressure bad?

O

ONLYTHEDANK

if u run co2 just run when lights are on with actual tank out side of box and just hose coming in.turn off when u have door open.humidity shouldn't be a problem unless u have standing water.had a problem with hydro table causing high humidity.I know my Jah does alot better with co2 blowing directly on top of it.

N

NugNation

how long is the flowering period on the jah? I think i'll skip co2 this go round. Im spending all the cash i have on another setup with my friend (aerojet 24 site, 1000w, 5x5 secret jardin tent). Another thing i worry about is temperature during the summer cause i've been told it gets hot and i wanna be able to draw air into the tent from the a/c unit. definitely something to think about come fall though

B

BrandoBubbaKush

Im tuned in for this one NN! Tomorrow Im picking up a DR150 and throwin some ladies under a 600w

O

ONLYTHEDANK

jah flowers the full 8 the last two it gets real dense.one of the best out of mine .I have several diff.as for the heat are u in a room where u can take the carbon out of the box<maybe beside it>that would make it allot cooler .i never exhaust my 1000s in the same room.where are u getting air for ur light?i would run it out of the box just like your fresh air intake is.

N

NugNation

Im tuned in for this one NN! Tomorrow Im picking up a DR150 and throwin some ladies under a 600w

hell yea! you're gonna love secret jardin's product. i'm never gonna build my own room, i'll just put up a bunch of tents! Except i'd suggest putting a 1000w in there :sun2: I found one on amazon with an air cooled hood and magnetic ballast~300 something. not bad if you ask me. I went digital though, can't beat having zero heat.

jah flowers the full 8 the last two it gets real dense.one of the best out of mine .I have several diff.as for the heat are u in a room where u can take the carbon out of the box<maybe beside it>that would make it allot cooler .i never exhaust my 1000s in the same room.where are u getting air for ur light?i would run it out of the box just like your fresh air intake is.

Right now the fan pulls air through the carbon filter then blows it through the light and right out the tent next to an open window. I don't see why moving the carbon filter outside would make it any cooler? I'd also rather keep it inside so i can make my tent a "little" more stealthy by taking off the intake ducting. Remember, this tent is just in my bedroom in my apartment lol. If I had the space or the place to put all that hot air, I totally would but it's sketch as fuck to have an exhaust duct aiming right out the window, no? I'm a patient so this grow is legal but I'd rather not have the other kids in my apartment knowing what I got goin on.

N

NugNation

Just went to the post office to send logic some dough for my Alien Kush F2's and AlienOG, bout to be rocking some Cali Connect and OGRaskal gear! :boogie: Probably won't have all that up and running til fall unfortunately.

Oh and to BBK, I think I am also about to order a DR150. If all goes according to plan I'll be putting a 24 site aerojet in it too with another 1000w light. Just gotta get the go-ahead from my homie cause it's going in his house and I'll be at the hydro store to order it in the blink of an eye.

O

ONLYTHEDANK

that's cool.i was looking at it thinkin u were pullin threw light then the carbon.makes alittle more sense now.keep up the good work let me know what u think of the jah

N

NugNation

how do they yield? i just topped mine, one at about 20 inches the other around 22" and they've got at least ten more days of veg. how much did you pull off each plant? any suggestions for things they like? This is my first grow so all of this is pretty new to me. things are going pretty well so far though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom