My No-till Beds Going On 2 Years...

• Thread starter Lapides
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lapides

Lapides

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in awhile, so I wanted to get a thread going.

These beds were built like the soma-style beds from that book he wrote awhile ago. Into them, I put peat, perlite, ewc, lime, bone meal, blood, feathermeal, chickenshit, kelp, greensand, and probably some other stuff I'm missing. My plants get watered with straight H2O via blumat drippers.

Over the course of almost 2 years, the ways and methods with which I re amend have changed with almost every run. I'm lazy and I hate work, but I love amazing herb, so something had to be done.

So this brings me to where I am today. Shit has NEVER been easier, and I've been growing pot for a minute now. I chop the plant as close as I can to the surface of the soil. Pull the rest out, make a hole, put a handful of fresh ewc WITH worms in the hole, put plant in, throw amendments on top and sides, cover, and done.

It is very simple. I don't try to confuse myself with scientific explanations of what's going on. In all honesty, I get most of my messages telepathically from the micro/macroherd living in my beds. If my plants look good, then I know I've done what I needed to do and that I received the message correctly.

Lime Kush
My no till beds going on 2 years

Lapides

Lapides

Very nice. And simple. I recently saw one of Soma tricks ...he puts perforated PVC pipe vertically in the soil to help aerate and oxygenate the soil.

I'll be putting in more companions plants in my GH to attract beneficial insects and keeps the bad guys away.

Yep, I used the same trick. It's a pretty brilliant design.
Post 6371 138185164124

I built the beds 6 years ago and they're holding up pretty nicely. There was 21 months where they were put away but other than that, daily use. They weren't extremely difficult to build, but with the price of lumber and the cheapness of GeoPlanters, from here on out I'm going with GeoPlanters. WAY cheaper and go together in a snap. They may not last as long, but there are definitely more pros.

Thanks for the love guys, I'll leave you with a few more pics from the garden. Some of these got close to the lights, hence the tacoing. Terps and health not affected otherwise.

The lime kush was at least 6 inches further from the lights than the rest, she's coming down tonight at 70 days, these pics are at 68
IMG 0174

IMG 0179

IMG 0180

IMG 0175

Lapides

Lapides

Good ole Sour Diesel, I'm not sure if this is THE ECSD. This cut was handed to me about a year ago. Last I grew WHAT I KNOW to be ECSD, it had an unmistakable diesel fuel smell, a smell that instantly reminded me of my father, who was a diesel mechanic. This is my 3rd run with this cut, and I haven't gotten that diesel fuel smell, more just a sour kushy smell. No one is complaining about it.

IMG 0186
IMG 0193

IMG 0194

IMG 0195

Lapides

Lapides

So, what I want to do is just use this thread to keep you guys updated on the progress of my beds. I've been growing pot for almost 20 years, and this is BY FAR the easiest way I've ever done it. With the blumats watering the plants, and the plants dictating to the microbes what food they want, Lap just sits here and waits for his beauties to finish up.

K

kolah

A short video with Soma. He explains about re-using soil and how the new plants will recognize the old cannabis roots on a vibration level. A kind of "soil memory" theory.

Frequency and vibrations are everything in this Universe. Soma said it as did Einstein and Tesla...and many others.

I heard Soma say on another video...something like..." Grow this plant, please everyone.... grow this plant. It's the most healing plant on earth. Lets heal ourselves and this earth too. Let's heal this place while we have a chance "

Last edited:
B

B1GWYRM

How many rez's does it take to feed all your beds and how many drippers do you use? And how often do you refill/ top off your Rez ...I'm setting up the geoplanters and fett ready to build my Rez stands...thanks for sharing

Lapides

Lapides

How many rez's does it take to feed all your beds and how many drippers do you use? And how often do you refill/ top off your Rez ...I'm setting up the geoplanters and fett ready to build my Rez stands...thanks for sharing

I have 2 - 2kW flowering rooms with a 15 or 20 (I cant remember exactly, but its not gigantic) gallon rez for each. My laziness forced me to install toilet float valves on them, so I never refill them, they stay topped off.

organicpanic

organicpanic

Killer work. Flowers look great. Damn nice to see another notiller here. Same to you @terranovaLOS. Ive been general gardening inn and out off and on for over 20. From food to ornamentals to cannabis. The last few runs with soil and ammendents now on 2nd round a few third no till and ill never go back to the bottle. Its just too easy. Again beautiful plants

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
A short video with Soma. He explains about re-using soil and how the new plants will recognize the old cannabis roots on a vibration level. A kind of "soil memory" theory.

Frequency and vibrations are everything in this Universe. Soma said it as did Einstein and Tesla...and many others.

I heard Soma say on another video...something like..." Grow this plant, please everyone.... grow this plant. It's the most healing plant on earth. Lets heal ourselves and this earth too. Let's heal this place while we have a chance "

Let's all chip in and get soma some teeth!:eek::cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom