My own creation Stinky MacRiddle

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Not sure if its root aphids or gnats. I just watered with mosquito dunks. Plants are barely growing. Foliar fed foliage plus. Almost ready to toss them and start over. I'll give em a few more days and see if they improve.

IMG 20211030 091358302
Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Will bti kill them? I've heard yes and no..
It should kill the larvae with a bacterium. Where as the Sulphur and the DE act like glass and poison. But the plant likes it. You could do all three and cover all bases. Apparently not all BT is the same. So it would specifically say for the pest you have. Root aphids are newer to the area. So maybe not.

grnmtn

grnmtn

That is so messed up! I wonder if they also sell stuff to get rid of them? What a racket that would be!...great job confirming.

growsince79

growsince79

That is so messed up! I wonder if they also sell stuff to get rid of them? What a racket that would be!...great job confirming.
I can't say if they were in the bag when I bought it or if they found a way in after I opened it. Next bag I'll get from a different store and do a test cup in a baggie from now on. In fact I'm gonna do a test on everything from now on.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Sunday I put some cocoloco from the bag in question into a solo cup, soaked it and closed it in a ziplock bag. Didn't see anything moving until today. Now the little bastards are hatching. Confirmed RA in the cocoloco.
Good catch

Top Bottom