My Pallet Grow

• Thread starter bullfrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bullfrog

bullfrog

Made a grow box out of some recycled pallets in a quick effort to rescue/re-veg wtc. Hoping it works as a poc as I'm building a larger one to house the seedlings later. Welcome all comments on the box and on whether or not it's worth it to re-veg.

My pallet grow
My pallet grow 2
Growster240

Growster240

Made a grow box out of some recycled pallets in a quick effort to rescue/re-veg wtc. Hoping it works as a poc as I'm building a larger one to house the seedlings later. Welcome all comments on the box and on whether or not it's worth it to re-veg.

Really nice setup! I hope I get to build something that nice one day. Is the grid at the bottom also able to collect water? It looks awesome.

Monster762

Monster762

Really nice setup! I hope I get to build something that nice one day. Is the grid at the bottom also able to collect water? It looks awesome.
Looks like a fan. Like the build but got to be 100% on anything electric. I see possible fire issue there. I know we don’t all have ideal starts
we all start somewheres but I’d get the fan out from under there. Unless you are actually just using it as a table n not plugged in.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Looks like a fan. Like the build but got to be 100% on anything electric. I see possible fire issue there. I know we don’t all have ideal starts
we all start somewheres but I’d get the fan out from under there. Unless you are actually just using it as a table n not plugged in.
That's what I thought too. It's a cool idea for airflow tho. But yes, it could be bad if water drips down on it or something

bullfrog

bullfrog

That's what I thought too. It's a cool idea for airflow tho. But yes, it could be bad if water drips down on it or something
Understandable. I've moved the seedling out, but the pot is in a pan as well. I've also place one over the fan motor itself since the photo and reading your concerns. I haven't sealed the back bottom portion and was thinking of installing 6" blower down there and getting rid of the box fan to gain more space.

p.s. I thought I started a diary with my intro and that is why I posted this in DIY as just a bump for pallet builds since I hadn't seen any yet... guess I should've named it something else. oh well. This will be my diary then.

Last edited:
bullfrog

bullfrog

Just an update! Leaves are coming in and thin pistols are still forming the at base of the nodes. The leave are 3 leafed fan leaves so I'm wondering what's next. The photo period has been 18/6 for the last four weeks. I was going to go full 24 but, being new with af's I've been told just to stick to the standard. I'm going to try and find a better camera than my phone and upload some pics. Again, I'm open to opinions.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
A plant that size will be very unruly during reveg. Better to go with couple of buds from the bottom ime. Other than that, looks nice. Reclaimed material, green as it gets, kudos.

bullfrog

bullfrog

A plant that size will be very unruly during reveg. Better to go with couple of buds from the bottom ime. Other than that, looks nice. Reclaimed material, green as it gets, kudos.

I think I agree as I had begun to think about that as I was getting rid of the box fan. She's going to want to sprawl a bit more than the space I have with this box and my larger box is not finished yet. When you say; "go with a couple buds from the bottom", do you mean to trim it down two nodes after I get for more leaves at that level?

p.s. Read some threads about cobs and I'd have to agree there as well and I'm going to buy a couple strips for this other box.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I think I agree as I had begun to think about that as I was getting rid of the box fan. She's going to want to sprawl a bit more than the space I have with this box and my larger box is not finished yet. When you say; "go with a couple buds from the bottom", do you mean to trim it down two nodes after I get for more leaves at that level?

p.s. Read some threads about cobs and I'd have to agree there as well and I'm going to buy a couple strips for this other box.

The red line is how tall it was when it started reveging a week or so ago. Thats what i mean by unruly. Reveging plants go crazy. The couple of bud suggestion actually involves cutting off anything above the bottom buds and then putting it into reveg. The shoots will go crazy and you’ll end up with an incredibly bushy plant either way.

4995F300 7455 4A06 9119 40E8B5AF46A9

bullfrog

bullfrog

Update photo again. Any advice on pruning? I'm keeping the leaves above a certain line, but what looks like large sugar leaves keep coming in and dying off. The fans aren't really growing out much as you can see. I posted a close up of one of top nodes too. What do y'all think?

IMG 2832
IMG 2833
bullfrog

bullfrog

Update photo again. Any advice on pruning? I'm keeping the leaves above a certain line, but what looks like large sugar leaves keep coming in and dying off. The fans aren't really growing out much as you can see. I posted a close up of one of top nodes too. What do y'all think?
p.s. She is still growing about an inch a week with 20/4 light period and nutes every other week. This week is the clean water week.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Reveg is a crazy process. Give them some time. In my experience, especially with the little pots i use, they don’t start growing competely normal for a long time. Single blade leaves are normal. Thats what happens and they’ll die.

In my experience after a certain point, its good to give some space for the roots by either up potting or root pruning. I keep bonsai mothers so mine doesn’t start to grow completely normal until i put them into a 3-5 gal and veg for a week or two.

bullfrog

bullfrog

Thanks for the reply. I just topped and did some more super-cropping to get her to bush up a bit more. I think you're right an I'm going to need to re pot her in a while, especially since I'm thinking about keep her as a mother anyway. There's still another 6 inches at the bottom of the box to move it down and I'm thinking a sog screen would help. It makes sense to take longer, but I just didn't think it would take this long. I wasn't going to completely lollipop it until I had a few more branches.

bullfrog

bullfrog

She sure got bushy. The minor trimming I'm doing is not keeping up and I curious what I should cut first. So far so good guess. My timer broke and I just replaced it so it was warm for a few days (no more than 26c) but the soil dried up a little and threw my ph off a tad so it should be good to see her react a little. I'm hoping it's still a her. I'm kind of worried, but it's probably just a reaction to me popping and super-cropping a couple of days ago. Any here are some pics and please comment on what I should trim next if you have some ideas. I've never grown WTC before although I had grown some northern lights through clone stages, but I've not seen anything like this. The last grow I had was bananna kush and was a taller much thinner plant. Take care.

IMG 2873
IMG 2872
bullfrog

bullfrog

so far I can't definitively say that pistils aren't just bulbous... and there aren't as many hairs as I would imagine on the older branches. The ph isn't as bad as I thought as it right @6.7 and I'm still on a 20/4 light schedule. I was planning to crop a few and try and clone some before trying to flower, but I didn't want to if it had hermed. It doesn't look like I'll be able to tell until I go to 12/12.... Any comments are welcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom