My Pallet Grow

• Thread starter bullfrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Looking good bud! I have several revegs going atm. I just ignore em in the corner and splash random water/nutes at em once in a while and eventually it’s like ‘oh cool this is worth trimmin up and doing somethin with.’ Love the pallet cab there. You are a handy dude.

bullfrog

bullfrog

so far I can't definitively say that pistils aren't just bulbous... and there aren't as many hairs as I would imagine on the older branches. The ph isn't as bad as I thought as it right @6.7 and I'm still on a 20/4 light schedule. I was planning to crop a few and try and clone some before trying to flower, but I didn't want to if it had hermed. It doesn't look like I'll be able to tell until I go to 12/12.... Any comments are welcome.
This is also my first time with led, so it's been different as there are absolutely no signs of slowing with the blue spectrum. Just curious, I'm going to do some googling too, but do you guys do a transition with both spectrums to just red or etc?

bullfrog

bullfrog

Update pic. looking a lot better as the branches stretch out. I think I'm going to keep going and maybe crop a couple branches for clones as I get closer to finish this next pallet box. I'll post a pic of that as it comes together.

IMG 2896
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Lol, yeah! That's what I thought when I switched to LED as well. This one is Viparspectra v600 and is adjustable. I've heard great things about COBs too.
Cobs are new level. The viper spectra is pretty outdated tech already (it’s like computers in the 90 s lol) but I’m sure they will do the trick. I’m still in the dark ages with hid but I dabble in everything

bullfrog

bullfrog

Cobs are new level. The viper spectra is pretty outdated tech already (it’s like computers in the 90 s lol) but I’m sure they will do the trick. I’m still in the dark ages with hid but I dabble in everything
You're right it's old. When I did my researching cross examinations it was the best bang for the buck at the time. I've a 600w hps I used to use (loved it when I used a tent), but wanting to try this out in the box and use it for flowering and some red cobs to give it an extra boost. I've so far noticed more leaves and not as much stem with just the blue at this point though. I like doing the case studies to learn things. I need to catch up on yours as well.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Hey @bullfrog I just checked out your journal. Very nice job on the pallet build. I love seeing these DIY grows. My first grow was a DIY build. Ahhh the memories.:smoking:

Your WTC looks good bro, if it's like mine and I can tell you that she NEEDS a pruning to stay healthy. My WTC I got puts out too many leaves to the point were itll just look sick and fall over. I had a Great White Shark I kept around that did the same thing to me. With these plants they dont have as much issue building more leaves. And it chokes them in the end!

bullfrog

bullfrog

Hey @bullfrog I just checked out your journal. Very nice job on the pallet build. I love seeing these DIY grows. My first grow was a DIY build. Ahhh the memories.:smoking:

Your WTC looks good bro, if it's like mine and I can tell you that she NEEDS a pruning to stay healthy. My WTC I got puts out too many leaves to the point were itll just look sick and fall over. I had a Great White Shark I kept around that did the same thing to me. With these plants they dont have as much issue building more leaves. And it chokes them in the end!

Good memories!

Thanks for your input. I was hoping you would mention that as yes, I have been very lax about the pruning so as not to stress her out and I knew I should be doing a bit more. Then I saw your WTC and I thought to myself; jeebus I really need to trim her up. I'll giver her a trim tonight and post some pics as I would like your opinion on if I'm trimming to much or not enough. I'm a tad nervous, because the I wasn't sure if the canopy line was developed enough to take out the lower leaves, but in actually taking out the lower leaves will push more growth up top. Again thanks for the input man!

bullfrog

bullfrog

:speechless:So. I took a bit more off and I think there's finally some confirmation. I thought it looked like she'd herm'd cause the hairs weren't as long as they used to be and this little leaves. I thought they would grow out as some would, but finally removing the foliage I can see they just aren't right... sucks. Any thoughts? I've never grown under just blue before and I thought this might also be a side effect of that, but now it seems obvious.... Should I give it a push into flower and see what happens?

IMG 2927
IMG 2912
IMG 2909
IMG 2908
bullfrog

bullfrog

:speechless:So. I took a bit more off and I think there's finally some confirmation. I thought it looked like she'd herm'd cause the hairs weren't as long as they used to be and this little leaves. I thought they would grow out as some would, but finally removing the foliage I can see they just aren't right... sucks. Any thoughts? I've never grown under just blue before and I thought this might also be a side effect of that, but now it seems obvious.... Should I give it a push into flower and see what happens?

I'm going to get some better pics. As the new leaves come in the hairs are still prominent and it doesn't look like she's got nuts at least not until later... hmmm

Latest posts

Top Bottom