My plant has snapped and I may have to harvest and dry it early.

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

I have 3 plants in my yard and 2 of them are fine but one of them snapped due to the weight of the buds. We didn't think to support with netting as we thought they'd be strong enough to stand on their own.

The
Untitled
part at the base where all the brances meet snapped. I taped it together as well as I could but I don't think it will hold and it has another month to go at least.

It's been getting a lot more wet and cold outside as well. Should I harvest this plant early or see if it mends itself?

If I do harvest today, how should I get the rain off the plant before hanging it in my tent to dry? I plan on doing 70/70 inside the tent.

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Tape and zip tie the heck out of it. If it fails, you’ll know because the branch will die. If it doesn’t die, then you’re good to go. If it does die, cut and hang the broken branch.

Awesome illustration, bud. I can’t quite believe it’s not real.

If you harvest wet, shake the water off. 70/70 is pretty humid. Maybe 50-60% rh at 70°F would be less likely to mold. Fans on.

G

Growth

Tape and zip tie the heck out of it. If it fails, you’ll know because the branch will die. If it doesn’t die, then you’re good to go. If it does die, cut and hang the broken branch.

Awesome illustration, bud. I can’t quite believe it’s not real.

If you harvest wet, shake the water off. 70/70 is pretty humid. Maybe 50-60% rh at 70°F would be less likely to mold. Fans on.
Lol thanks I'm an artist from birth. Thanks for your help.

G

Growth

@MisterHelix Do you think these are ready for harvest? My brother is sort of insisting we harvest now so they don't get moldy. We planted May 14. Northeast USA, starting to get cold.

ApplicationFrameHost knzymhL9sy
ApplicationFrameHost 4ej2ESi5gc
ApplicationFrameHost 57j2Bd6E0N
ApplicationFrameHost wCH0QWJMd8
ApplicationFrameHost 57j2Bd6E0N
ApplicationFrameHost R8njA0KsUa
ApplicationFrameHost O3DCPDz6b4

Sorry I couldn't get better quality.

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

I have 3 plants in my yard and 2 of them are fine but one of them snapped due to the weight of the buds. We didn't think to support with netting as we thought they'd be strong enough to stand on their own.

TheView attachment 2047924part at the base where all the brances meet snapped. I taped it together as well as I could but I don't think it will hold and it has another month to go at least.

It's been getting a lot more wet and cold outside as well. Should I harvest this plant early or see if it mends itself?

If I do harvest today, how should I get the rain off the plant before hanging it in my tent to dry? I plan on doing 70/70 inside the tent.
@MisterHelix Do you think these are ready for harvest? My brother is sort of insisting we harvest now so they don't get moldy. We planted May 14. Northeast USA, starting to get cold.

View attachment 2047953View attachment 2047954View attachment 2047955View attachment 2047956View attachment 2047957View attachment 2047958View attachment 2047959

Sorry I couldn't get better quality.
Hard to say from here, friend.

I look for mostly red pistils and all cloudy trichomes.

Keep them dry and you probably can run another week.

That’s what I tell myself.

🌱

Tinmanfromoz

Tinmanfromoz

I lost a 8ft branch. ( I made trellis today for the two plants I have ) live and learn

There is a spray you can get at Home Depot for putting on cut. Ranches. It covers the wound - dude at the grow supply store said it is good stuff. So I got the branch hanging in my garage with buds. I don’t have a dry tent to do this in.

71743478241  4118476F 1316 4AD7 AA20 C0288D9259EF
IMG 2438
IMG 2440
IMG 2441
IMG 2443
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I lost a 8ft branch. ( I made trellis today for the two plants I have ) live and learn

There is a spray you can get at Home Depot for putting on cut. Ranches. It covers the wound - dude at the grow supply store said it is good stuff. So I got the branch hanging in my garage with buds. I don’t have a dry tent to do this in.
I would tape it up and ziptie it add some bamboo to stabilize the effected branch. It should be fine I have seen worse make it 🙃

Top Bottom