My plant looks off and I NEED HELP

• Thread starter TA3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TA3

Hey all,
I have attached some pics of my plant, and seems to have curling on the edges of bigger leaves, lime green new growth and red stems. I’ve made sure temp is good around 68-75 degreees and humidity around 40-45%. I’m in week 2 of 12/12 flowering and can’t tell if it’s genetics, overwatering, nutrient problems or all of the above. Not sure of the strain because it was a feminized seed from an 1/8th I got. Any help is very useful hear and let me know what you think!

My plant looks off and i need help
My plant looks off and i need help 2
My plant looks off and i need help 3
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Almost everything you said was normal for a plant

The lime green is from the p/k nothing wrong there

Red stems well that’s a extremely debatable subject however most will agree it’s nothing unexpected

Some will say it’s a sign of lack of p however you can clearly see that’s not happening here , some might even say stress witch imo is bro science

Ask the staff they will tell you it’s normal or have said so in the past

Am struggling to find much wrong tbh

The pics angle I can’t see the tips of the fan leaves enough to say if you’ve added slightly to much n ( we are talking a tiny amount to much nothing massive so def don’t stress

Overall it looks good

Are the tips of the fan leaves clawing also how far away is the light and is it at max setting or dimmed it could be the lights starting to get a bit to close.

Reactions: TA3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

What you feeding her?
The light green and rolled up leaves point at light levels being a little high for this plants liking.
What power light are you using and how high above the top of plant.
Don't worry about the purple stems.

In the first picture It looks like a little magnesium striping but I don't think this is the case
as there is no striping in the other pictures. That nice shine is calcium doing it's job, she is pretty happy
other than maybe the light level.
I'm thinking 99.9 out of 100 really nice job so far!

So what you feeding her?
What Lights, power level and distance?

Next time maybe try this.

Reactions: TA3
T

TA3

Red stems well that’s a extremely debatable subject however most will agree it’s nothing unexpected

Some will say it’s a sign of lack of p however you can clearly see that’s not happening here , some might even say stress witch imo is bro science

The pics angle I can’t see the tips of the fan leaves enough to say if you’ve added slightly to much n ( we are talking a tiny amount to much nothing massive so def don’t stress

Overall it looks good

Are the tips of the fan leaves clawing also how far away is the light and is it at max setting or dimmed it could be the lights starting to get a bit to close.
thanks for the responses, just using a small ac infinity LED and had it on full power about 2-2.5 feet above the plant but I turned it down to 60%. I have only fed it a little bit of AN sense bloom parts A and B at half dosages and a little bit of AN big bud but other than that nothing special in terms of nutes. Should I keep with the SENSI bloom stuff? Thanks again

T

TA3

What you feeding her?
The light green and rolled up leaves point at light levels being a little high for this plants liking.
What power light are you using and how high above the top of plant.
Don't worry about the purple stems.

In the first picture It looks like a little magnesium striping but I don't think this is the case
as there is no striping in the other pictures. That nice shine is calcium doing it's job, she is pretty happy
other than maybe the light level.
I'm thinking 99.9 out of 100 really nice job so far!

So what you feeding her?
What Lights, power level and distance?

Next time maybe try this.

Overall it looks good

thanks for the responses, just using a small ac infinity LED and had it on full power about 2-2.5 feet above the plant but I turned it down to 60%. I have only fed it a little bit of AN sense bloom parts A and B at half dosages and a little bit of AN big bud but other than that nothing special in terms of nutes. Should I keep with the SENSI bloom stuff? Thanks again

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I don't use ether, but for the first 3 weeks of flower she should be on veg fertilizer full strength for stretch. Then from the numbers I'd say feed her Sense Bloom full strength for about 3 weeks then finish up on 1/2 strength. Not much In Sense Bloom 1/2 strength there and none in big bud.. Add big bud as directed it's not going to hurt anything. Backing the light off will help. Looking good there bud. all the best.

Last edited:
T

TA3

I don't use ether, but for the first 3 weeks of flower she should be on veg fertilizer full strength for stretch. Then from the numbers I'd say feed her Sense Bloom full strength for about 3 weeks then finish up on 1/2 strength. Not much In Sense Bloom 1/2 strength there and none in big bud.. Add big bud as directed it's not going to hurt anything. Backing the light off will help. Looking good there bud. all the best.
Ok, thanks a lot for the help, here’s some close up pictures of the leaves that have the more concerning stuff I was worried about. (Striping on fan leaves and very slightly clawed and light tips of leaves)

IMG 9087
IMG 9086
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm pretty sure the light striping is light related as there is also a little surface blistering. I don't think it's magnesium deficient.
When you see burned tips it's caused but reverse osmosis within the plants root zone. It's important that you water until you have the pot full of water then another pot of runoff to remove excess salt buildup in the medium. I call this flush watering. Just set the pot in the sink and really soak it with PH ed water, When the pot stops draining mix up your fertilizer make sure you PH the solution and Fertilize your plant. Don't worry it's already wet. Water slowly until your getting lots of runoff so all of the medium has fertilizer applied. I know this sounds like a lot of water but most is running out the bottom and taking the unwanted fertilizer trash with it and re introduce fresh fertilizer all in one shot.

It is important that you then let the plant dry out very well. It may take 5 or 6 days before the plant requires water again depending on the plant and pot sizes. She will be fine as long as you do not water again before the pot dries out way down deep inside. Not just on top! And it can be a hard urge to fight.

When your letting your pot drain, prop one side up just a bit so a bottom hole is low and you won't have any water sitting in the pot. Let it sit for a bit until it stops dripping. Stick her back under the light. Make sure and mark the pot front so you put her back in the correct orientation.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
No point is saying anything @Imzzaudae said it all. Good luck and enjoy the grow your doing a good job imo and have a good eye 🙂

Top Bottom