My Plant Looks Yellow Wtf?

• Thread starter Grow flow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow flow

Grow flow

My plant looks yellow wtf
My plant looks yellow wtf 2
She was growing fine then she slowed growth she has started turning yellow what is wrong with her people it's my first grow need a little help?

Grow flow

Grow flow

Take a pic with the light out.have u been giving nutrients wen watering?have u been letting the dirt dry out between waterings?
Yeah I was feeding here water only for a week nearly then I noticed yellowing I read upon it and I thought it was nitrogen def so I gave her a max feed of 20 ml canna a and 20 ml canna b 2 days ago growth has improved but yellowing has not, I have let her dry out before watering here's pics I just took

H

happy b

Its going to take atleast 2 weeks to bring her round.dont just hammer her with full doses from the off.build up slowly.but yeah she def looks N deficient.u will most likely need some cal/mag to help to uptake the N to the leaves as i see the stems turning a little purple.

Grow flow

Grow flow

Its going to take atleast 2 weeks to bring her round.dont just hammer her with full doses from the off.build up slowly.but yeah she def looks N deficient.u will most likely need some cal/mag to help to uptake the N to the leaves as i see the stems turning a little purple.
Cal mag okay mate I'll buy it tomorrow how shall u use it man?

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

That looks like overwatering to me N deficiency doesn't usually turn whole plant yellow at once but I've never grown in coco. You shouldn't have given such a huge dose of nutrients. My plants are 5x that size and I don't even use 20ml a gallon. You will be lucky if it doesn't burn

Grow flow

Grow flow

That looks like overwatering to me N deficiency doesn't usually turn whole plant yellow at once but I've never grown in coco. You shouldn't have given such a huge dose of nutrients. My plants are 5x that size and I don't even use 20ml a gallon. You will be lucky if it doesn't burn
Yeah your right I have nute burn already happening on the tips of some leaves what's the best form of action right now ?

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Flush it with straight water, purified water will work don't use tap water, then just wait till it dries out before you do anything else. Hopefully you can save it but it might not make it

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
She is drowning. Her roots are sitting in water loggged soil and not breathing at all. Get a fan gently blowing on her and leave her alone , if she worsens in 48 hours, I might flush. But not knowing what your meduim is or how strong you've actually fed her, I don't see her being burnt.

Best of luck.
Peace

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
If you decide to flush her, I would flush with 5ml per gal of calmag per gal. Being in coco, a mild dose of nutes will flush it better than plain water. Calmag is your friend in coco. Did you say you type of water you are using? RO?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If you decide to flush her, I would flush with 5ml per gal of calmag per gal. Being in coco, a mild dose of nutes will flush it better than plain water. Calmag is your friend in coco. Did you say you type of water you are using? RO?
I'm with you. If he does flush use mild , but full spread of nutrients. She is hungry as hell.

I have been studying these darn pics for a day. I don't grow in coco, so I'm guessing. But if you are letting the meduim dry out, I retract my statement that she is drowning.

I see improved color in the most recent pics. Which probably means the feeding helped.
I'm assuming that she is starving. She is deficient in more than just N.
What is the recommended feeding amount of your nutrients in ml per gallon? Are you using a cal mag suppliment ? Is your meduim getting good drainage?

Grow flow

Grow flow

Hi guys been a few days I flushed her like directed and she has gone back green I'm not sure if it's nute burn, she's grown loads over 2 days but I nearly cut her down last night in anger of my mistake using 20ml a and b canna max feed. Here's some pics hope she's okay, she has suffered servere nute burn

Cort

Cort

You need to read up on the basics of growing in coco. It is inert with no natural nutrients so you will be treating it more like hydro than soil.

You will need :
PH meter
PPM/tds or EC
a Cal/mag product
nutes designed for hydro or coco.

To save your girl mix a weak cal/mag flush, about 100ppm in RO water will do. 5.7-5.8ph

Flush the coco till the PPM and PH coming out the bottom of the pot match with what you are putting in it.

Mix a weaker than regular feeding solution, about 1/2 strength should do ( 400-500ppm absolute max all total with calmag and food) at about 5.7-5.8ph. Again, measure what comes out the bottom of the pot till it matches what you put in.

let her heal up and rebound. Take no major corrective actions for a few days till she starts showing signs of recovery. Use this recovery time to read up on growing in coco.

Grow flow

Grow flow

You need to read up on the basics of growing in coco. It is inert with no natural nutrients so you will be treating it more like hydro than soil.

You will need :
PH meter
PPM/tds or EC
a Cal/mag product

To save your girl mix a weak cal/mag flush, about 100ppm in RO water will do. 5.7-5.8ph

Flush the coco till the PPM and PH coming out the bottom of the pot match with what you are putting in it.

Mix a weaker than regular feeding solution, about 1/2 strength should do ( 400-500ppm absolute max all total with calmag and food) at about 5.7-5.8ph. Again, measure what comes out the bottom of the pot till it matches what you put in.

let her heal up and rebound. Take no major corrective actions for a few days till she starts showing signs of recovery. Use this recovery time to read up on growing in coco.
cheers buddy i shall do this step by step will keep u all posted
Growflow

Cort

Cort

cheers buddy i shall do this step by step will keep u all posted
Growflow
I haven't been around here in a bit, but there used to be entire subs just about coco grows. Its where I learned coco. Tons more technical than soil. The coco has no nutrients at all, it just holds water/food so you need to supply everything in a way the plant can use it, similar to growing in rockwool.

As the plant eats and drinks it leaves leftovers in the coco that need to be flushed out, like rinsing a sponge. Provided you have enough drainage it is hard to over water in coco, but very easy to have a salt build up in the coco if you dont wash it out enough. This is called "Drain to waste" to give you a searchable term.

Good luck.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

You will need :
PH meter
PPM/tds or EC
a Cal/mag product

Excellent advice!

Top Bottom