My Plants are growing slow

• Thread starter Cannabeast79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabeast79

Cannabeast79

I'm growing my plants in Gaia green in Coco coir with worm castings, and glacier rock dust(which is also a Gaia green product.) They look good and green. The leaves are praying but they are not getting any bigger. It's week five and my plants are barely 7 inches tall. I've been feeding only ro water ph'd to 6.5. I didn't get these seeds from a reputable breeder. I got them from someone on Facebook, do you think it's genetics maybe?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Praying doesn’t always mean good health it can also mean the plants stressed,

Slow growth usually comes from overwatering. Albeit some seeds can have poor vigour s1s for example can have poor vigour.

Don’t overlook the watering just because I said some seeds can have poor vigour & you got them from fb. If you are it definitely will slow the growth down ; easily done and very much the normal cause of slow growth.

All that said it’s lightly the guy breed them himself and could have made rubbish s1 seeds next time try a breeder that’s got reviews to back up thier work.

Cannabeast79

Cannabeast79

Praying doesn’t always mean good health it can also mean the plants stressed,

Slow growth usually comes from overwatering. Albeit some seeds can have poor vigour s1s for example can have poor vigour.

Don’t overlook the watering just because I said some seeds can have poor vigour & you got them from fb. If you are it definitely will slow the growth down.

All that said it’s lightly the guy breed them himself and could have made rubbish s1 seeds next time try a breeder that’s got reviews to back up thier work.
Yeah it's not over watered these plants are talking water slow.I hardly ever water them. I just trans planted and I haven't watered for 6 days but there is still water in the medium.

Cannabeast79

Cannabeast79

Your probably right they are probably rubbish. I think I'll move them somewhere else and get some good seeds going in my grow space. Thx

Homesteader

Homesteader

Temperature makes a huge difference in growth via water uptake. How warm are you at night?

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Did your growth ever pick up??
I also grow in coco, amended w/ GG, worm castings, and several other dry organics…..I’m constantly tinkering with my recipe.
What I’ve seen is growing in coco is like hydro in slow motion. My plants would like to be watered daily, but I’m doing so every other day.
It’s a fine line between watering enough to keep things really moist and a little too much causing your precious amendments to be leeched out of the medium.
My advice would be to water very very slowly. I’ll use a spray bottle to soak the top surface followed by slowly working outside to inside with my watering can.
I’ve found that it takes a few minutes for the water to make its way through the medium.
I try to water to the point of runoff but just short of having any. Too many times I’ve thought the medium was soaked and wasn’t gonna have any runoff, only to come back 15min later and see it dripping….so learn what your plant will take and don’t go over.
I don’t get super fast growth in veg but it’s steady. I do train my plants aggressively and have thought they’d grow faster if I didn’t bend them so much.
The main thing though, is I hardly ever have any signs of problems.
Lastly, I’ll use gypsum (sometimes) and tap water……I also PH it to 6.0. If I don’t mix in any gypsum powder, I do give a small amount of cal mag from week 2 of veg through week 5-6 of flower.
I’d love to hear if anyone else’s follows the organic coco method.

Top Bottom