My plant's leaf's getting yellow

• Thread starter PakiWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PakiWeed

Hey guys, my smaller plant with 2 cfl's, 6000k and 2700k they're leaf's are getting like yellow. Here's the picture:

IMG00061_20130430_0224.jpg

I don't know what's the issue, temperature is 26*C and humidity moving from 52-57 at max.
The other bigger plant beside this also has similar thing to this and leaf's are starting to dry out and the bottom ones die. I have had 7.5 PH and plus tap water i guess reached 9.0 and thats critical. So i have bought co2 tablets plus PH lower and have watered them with it 2 days ago. Do you think this will fix the issue or is there something else wrong? Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The cotelydons (the first leaves to emerge from the seed post-germination) aren't meant to live long once the plant becomes established. What I see looks like a plant that's possibly being overfed. Easy to do with a seedling.

No tiny flying bugs around the soil?

P

PakiWeed

The cotelydons (the first leaves to emerge from the seed post-germination) aren't meant to live long once the plant becomes established. What I see looks like a plant that's possibly being overfed. Easy to do with a seedling.

Heyy thanks for your answer! Oh I didnt knew that :) Could it be overfed with water you mean in that way? (Yesterday i transplanted it into bigger soil with lower PH 5,5 - 6.0). I maybe seen 2-3 bugs so far within 3 weeks :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How soon after transplant did you notice the necrotic margins? Good that there are no bugs, fungus gnats have been driving me batty and have killed off even more pea seedlings.

In any event, if the new soil has any fertilizers in it already (e.g. if the bag said no feeding necessary for however many months), then that's how the overfeeding would be occurring. Keep using water only for it, and know that when bottom leaves go yellow and die it usually means the plant is also growing very well and it's translocating nitrogen from the lower leaves to the new growth. When new growth is explosive it is also often a light green in color (anticipating the next query).

Really though, it's pretty much growing as it should.

buddahslave

buddahslave

How soon after transplant did you notice the necrotic margins? Good that there are no bugs, fungus gnats have been driving me batty and have killed off even more pea seedlings.

In any event, if the new soil has any fertilizers in it already (e.g. if the bag said no feeding necessary for however many months), then that's how the overfeeding would be occurring. Keep using water only for it, and know that when bottom leaves go yellow and die it usually means the plant is also growing very well and it's translocating nitrogen from the lower leaves to the new growth. When new growth is explosive it is also often a light green in color (anticipating the next query).

Merit 75 will get rid of your fungus gnats forever. You can buy it off ebay for really cheap.

bonkia

bonkia

Merit also nukes all your benies. I used merit for a year out of fear of root aphids. Still seems to have a healthy swarm.. Caps benies make the plant happy and kill the pests.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Merit 75 will not be arriving at my organic operation. Just won't, I don't want to risk a certifying agent seeing bottles of anything that would risk my certification.

However, I'm going to be starting a thread because I just sexed most of my seedlings yesterday, and over 90% are male. I've never had anything like this happen before, but neither have I ever started seeds inside before, nor have I had such a problem losing seedlings (both veggies and cannabis) to fungus gnats. I keep inspecting those sticky cards, too, and it's still showing nothing but fungus gnats and the odd ant or earwig that find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

P

PakiWeed

Hey thanks! The necrotic signs were even before transplant but very few :D I'm only using PH DOWN and Co2 Tabs because my PH was way to high :) Thanks for help!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't use CO2 with anything that's going into the root zone.

P

PakiWeed

I wouldn't use CO2 with anything that's going into the root zone.

Oww but I've been using it for some time and plants are looking good. I usually spray Ph Down first over soil and then water with normal water plus co2 innit because they may also lack oxygen.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What? THAT's how you're doing it?

You do know that CO2 is carbon dioxide, and not oxygen, right? And that plants need oxygen (aka O2) in the root zone, right?

You can keep doing things this way, but don't be surprised if you have more problems along the way.

J

Jalisco Kid

I just love the way people throw around stuff like merit 75 or eagle 20. I am just glad ddt is not that available any more. Noseum nets will end your Gnat problem.JK

P

PakiWeed

What? THAT's how you're doing it?

You do know that CO2 is carbon dioxide, and not oxygen, right? And that plants need oxygen (aka O2) in the root zone, right?

You can keep doing things this way, but don't be surprised if you have more problems along the way.

Hey! Thanks I actually wasn't aware of it :S I have transplanted it yesterday and the roots were already going out of the pot at bottom, so I had some trouble transplating it... Actually one root like 1CM long, tiny like hair has scraped off, do you think thats a big issue or plant will do ok?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As long as the main 'ball' of roots are intact, it should be fine. :)

Nutts

Nutts

I have a twelve twelve from seed plant that's on day twenty tree flower and still has its cotodendryns. Can't believe it actually she's pretty large to still have em.

Top Bottom