my plants look like this.... please help

• Thread starter bucketcleaner48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bucketcleaner48

thats gdp and la con.
temps are 66 at night and 76 to 80 during the day.
humity is very low, under 15%
nutes at 700ppm gh 3 part plus cal mg
ebb and grow buckets feeding every 4 hours, on 20 hours off 4
just to help with temps
i had serious root slime for 3 or 4 weeks and then i cured it. then i got root aphids for a couple weeks. ive knocked those out.
im a week into recovery and they just wont perk up. some of the leaves towards the bottom are starting to twist. the plants are all pretty yellow, and not greening up. the roots are coming back full, white, and great.

any suggestions?

B

bucketcleaner48

file download error.....wtf? i downloaded one image and deleted it, now i cant download another one...

anyway they are droopy and yellow, ridges look wrinkled. ill keep trying to post a pic

audius

audius

ck your file size for your photos & ck your ph in your rez.

sog1313

sog1313

check pH and try and up the humidity. also raise your lights a bit or move the plants away from the direct light. since your roots are recovering they cant support the foliage yet.

B

bucketcleaner48

check pH and try and up the humidity. also raise your lights a bit or move the plants away from the direct light. since your roots are recovering they cant support the foliage yet.

i think you nailed it. i have 4 1000w on them that are turned down to 50% strength. on the day before thanks giving i was going to yank em all and start fresh. so i turned off the lights, turned off the controller bucket pumps, and walked away to celebrate turkey day. when i came back almost 2 days after turning everything off, the plants were looking better then they had in weeks. i turned shit back on with renewed interest in saving this crop. but soon after everthing was back on, i got the same results . ive been chalking this up to over or under watering. so i got a second controller to fill my buckets more efficiently. got my flood time down from 1.25 hours to .5hours. that hasnt helped. i switched feeding times from 4 to 6 to 12 times a day. that has done nothing.
today i decided before i left that i was going to turn off 2 lights, ( remembering my thankgiving episode) i left and returned a few hours later to see some of the leaves recovering. i went out to buy a humidifier thinking it had to be that, because my moms that are in soil are doing the same shit. but im thinking its the bayer or spectacide or even just the lack of roots that are making them light sensitive, even to only 500watts worth of light.

ive raised my lights (still have two turned off) and also went ahead and fired up that humidifier.
hopefully i see some results from all this.

thanks for your input guys/gals

K

killerkane37

Sogs right. You wanna get that humidity up to atleast 40 RH. I would want it ranging 50-60 but not over 65 (mold issues). Thats just me but I think it would make a world of difference. Maybe even some foliar feeding to take a lil work off the roots while there recovering. Good Luck I hope it works out.

K

killerkane37

One more thing are you adding your cal mg before or after your other nutes. If before maybe your calcium is locking out your other nutes. You wanna make sure to add your cal mg after nutes to avoid any type of lockout. Its so hard to tell w/o any pics try to get some up if possible.

manitoid.

manitoid.

One more thing are you adding your cal mg before or after your other nutes. If before maybe your calcium is locking out your other nutes. You wanna make sure to add your cal mg after nutes to avoid any type of lockout. Its so hard to tell w/o any pics try to get some up if possible.

thanks a lot for pointing this out, I've been wondering which order is correct and haven't been able to find a good answer before this. Apparently I've been doing it the wrong way!

B

bucketcleaner48

ive always been told cal mg first. thats why gh suggests adding the micro before the bloom and grow. the micro has all the ca in it.

i put a humidifier in today. reducing the lights seems to be having a big effect on the leaf droop. i think im finally back on the right track.

sog1313

sog1313

Glad to hear your girls are recovering! I recently had a similar problem and like you i attributed it to every thing from nutes to bad genetics EXCEPT the position and intensity of my light. some helpful farmers pointed out my problem and i'm glad i was able to pass it on. you should be able to increase the intensity as you start getting more root mass. as for whether to add CaMg before or after nutes I always thought it depended on the pH of the water you are adding to. Adding the base nute (PBP in my case) drops the pH of the water and prevents the CaMg from falling out (I think??) so what I usually do is drop my water (its tap water) from 8 to 6 and then add nutes. anyway dont wanna hijack your thread i just never heard a consensus one way or another on that. it could all be dependent on the line of nutes you use and their compatibility with different grow styles and supplements.

B

bucketcleaner48

dude, that light info literally saved my crop. i thank the shit out of you!
within 24 hours my plants were on the mend. ill probable give them at least a week with the reduced light, then hopefully i can switch to flower within a week of that.
still no bugs, no slime!!!

P

Powdery

thats gdp and la con.
temps are 66 at night and 76 to 80 during the day.
humity is very low, under 15%
any suggestions?

Not to be a dick but if your night temps are 66 and your day temps are 76 to 78 then I'm guessing you would like your temps to be 76 to 78, but they are really more like 80-83...too hot, especially with 4 1000W lights going.

How close is the light? A 1000W can be 10ft away, especially if you have 4 converging on one another. and your plants would grow 10x better than is it was 18" or 24" off the tops.

High heat would explain your low humidity... Turning off your system cooled everything down.....that means the water got colder, colder water = more dissolved oxygen.

The answer is always...usually the most obvious thing.

4 x 1000W usually means a heat issue. Good luck bro

Top Bottom