My plants need to be saved

• Thread starter Anncannabis2019
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Does it help in any way for coco medium? I've been doing it here and there in my feed thinking it would help with oxygen uptake in the root.
It helps to keep the rez sterile but breaks down fast. The benefit of o2 is short lived and it kills microbes (good and bad) so it may have a benefit if using inorganic nutrients not for the o2 but preventing any bad microbes from taking hold. So yes in soiless it can be beneficial but not so much for the o2.

R

redshift75

Unless it's a super strain that can't be replaced, why even try to fix it. Starting over would save time and money.
i had a blow dream no one said to save. it ended up being my biggest plant of the year surviving pythium blight and essentially a tornado. half my plants destroyed only 4 strains survived the one that no one said was worth the effort that had i aborted would most likely be another dead plant. Some times it saves you money. Actually lost half the plant in the wind storm and its still my best one.

Some fixes are easy I would say this is classic over mothering you lose a week maybe. Plus thats the only way to learn to fix it is by attempting to fix it. If one doesnt know how to fix nute lock out. is no better teacher than first hand experience. Even if you fail you still gain valuable knowledge. We already know he can start over, now is the time to grow as an individual. Thats how i look at these things. Til you know how to fix them, you should be attempting to learn to fix them. this is also where detailed notes will help you evaluate your failures.

i could definitely make some arguments for aborting due to limits and such. At the beginning of the season. But this late id enjoy gaining working knowledge. of learning how to deal with nute lock out.

I cannot say enough DO NOT USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE IN SOIL

This was simply overwatering as others stated... starting over is a personal choice but next time start them in smaller containers it will be easier to control.
when i was just dealing with pythium blight h2o2 was the worst thing i did. It would instantly kill a plant. All those good microbes were what was keeping them alive trying to fight the pythium. What you end up with is destroying it all and the bad fungis/bacteria can take hold again faster then the good and near overnight it crippled the plants. Im never going to recommend h2o2 again except as a finish. I never saw destruction like i did til i tried H2o2 literally doing anything or even nothing would have been a better option for the root rot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i had a blow dream no one said to save. it ended up being my biggest plant of the year surviving pythium blight and essentially a tornado. half my plants destroyed only 4 strains survived the one that no one said was worth the effort that had i aborted would most likely be another dead plant. Some times it saves you money. Actually lost half the plant in the wind storm and its still my best one.

Some fixes are easy I would say this is classic over mothering you lose a week maybe. Plus thats the only way to learn to fix it is by attempting to fix it. If one doesnt know how to fix nute lock out. is no better teacher than first hand experience. Even if you fail you still gain valuable knowledge. We already know he can start over, now is the time to grow as an individual. Thats how i look at these things. Til you know how to fix them, you should be attempting to learn to fix them. this is also where detailed notes will help you evaluate your failures.

i could definitely make some arguments for aborting due to limits and such. At the beginning of the season. But this late id enjoy gaining working knowledge. of learning how to deal with nute lock out.

when i was just dealing with pythium blight h2o2 was the worst thing i did. It would instantly kill a plant. All those good microbes were what was keeping them alive trying to fight the pythium. What you end up with is destroying it all and the bad fungis/bacteria can take hold again faster then the good and near overnight it crippled the plants. Im never going to recommend h2o2 again except as a finish. I never saw destruction like i did til i tried H2o2 literally doing anything or even nothing would have been a better option for the root rot.
Yeah i can see that. Once you start using it you have to keep using it. It breaks down fast. Like you say its not a good cure but in hydro and soiless its a good preventative but again not a good cure. It can be used to give the roots a quick bath and then back into the res with proper bennies but most times just tap water is good enough to rinse the slime which is actually bacteria off.

Personally i don't run sterile I feel a live system is easier and more beneficial. Microbes and enzymes equal no root issues. The prob is in large part that ppl dont do that until they have an issue when they would have never had it to begin with if those are used.

R

redshift75

Personally i don't run sterile I feel a live system is easier and more beneficial.
i've worked in sterile. different classifications for tech and to the bio side. Honestly when you see some of the tests their sterile is alot of work for not too much. Thats why you notice lots of chambers within chambers within another chamber. and you do it all inside a little box. Cause you get a touch more sterile each time. i agree with you completely. i run sterile air for the pollen aspect. but even then how i open tents and such it is what it is. A good IPM should cover most your common issues.

even to the constant use - it hit them so fast after wiping it out was no hope in recovery. I can see for res and such it being good. Mostly cause the container aspect and most people are pumping in raw air that hasnt been purified that can contain some nasty stuff. I dont know much about hydro and the symbiosis to the organism in rez's when compared to the living soil aspect in soil grows. But i did learn you have to have more faith in the good bacteria/fungi and give it time to win the fight. Or at least hope it will.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I agree with a lot of the comments.

It would be faster to start over, but fixing the issue would be a better learning experience.
Let the soil dry out. After it dries out water in some microbes.
Apply a gentle preventative like dish soap frequently so the mites don't come back, with the lights off.

Good luck

Anncannabis2019

Anncannabis2019

Yeah I’m just gonna toss them and pick up some new clones. It’s a sad day but I am so glad I asked. Thanks you guys

NewWorld

NewWorld

I'm the only one that would try saving them then lol. The main reason is so you find out what you did wrong. Otherwise you could well do it again.
Can I ask a few questions?
What's you medium?
How much and how often have you been watering them?
What nutes are you giving them?
Are you measuring the humidity of the tent?
What light are you using?
Are you monitoring the PH of your water?

Personally I'd waste another week trying to save them, whilst LST them. If it doesnt improve in a week then scrap them. If it does improve in 3 weeks you could be ready for flower with decent size plants.

Please note, I'm only now doing my 1st ever grow myself. However I've done 4-500hours of research before starting. But there are far more experienced growers on here. But from my perspective I'd want to work out what I did wrong.

All the best whatever you decide 👍🙂

growsince79

growsince79

I'm the only one that would try saving them then lol. The main reason is so you find out what you did wrong. Otherwise you could well do it again.
What's you medium?

Personally I'd waste another week trying to save them, whilst LST them. If it doesnt improve in a week then scrap them. If it does improve in 3 weeks you could be ready for flower with decent size plants.

Please note, I'm only now doing my 1st ever grow myself. However I've done 4-500hours of research before starting. But there are far more experienced growers on here. But from my perspective I'd want to work out what I did wrong.

What's you medium?

Overwatered with poor drainage. They drowned. You can start new seeds today and in four weeks they will be way better than these basically dead things could possibly be in a month.

Last edited:
NewWorld

NewWorld

Overwatered with poor drainage. They drowned. You can start new today and in four weeks they will be way better than these basically dead things could possibly be in a week.
How big are your clones? Mine are normally about 4 inches with 4 leafs. Mine took a good 5 weeks to get to his size.

They're fabric pots. Drainage shouldn't be bad. But in future I'd ad some cheap metal cake stands underneath.

Theres enough room in that tent to start new cuttings and try to salvage them in the meantime. In a week he could make his mind up then.

Top Bottom