My plants r about 3 1/2 weeks old and i have some yellowin

• Thread starter Nkc1451
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nkc1451

Nkc1451

Hey guys new to the site and to growing. My plants r about 3 1/2 weeks old and i have some yellowing and dying off leaves. Any suggestions to what might cause this? Thanks in advance

My plants r about 3 12 weeks old and i have some yellowin
mancorn

mancorn

Welcome to the Farm. Certainly looks like you over/under water, been over/under feeding, with your lights to close/far and your ph way to high/low and your temps and rH are off. Plus you have a cal/mag deficiency (forum joke). Give some more info on the above, so we know what's going on.

Nkc1451

Nkc1451

Welcome to the Farm. Certainly looks like you over/under water, been over/under feeding, with your lights to close/far and your ph way to high/low and your temps and rH are off. Plus you have a cal/mag deficiency (forum joke). Give some more info on the above, so we know what's going on.
Im growing in pro mix garden blend and probably under watering not quite sure how much to be giving just gave it the first round of nutrients monday evening with a ph of around 6. My light is a spider farmer sf 1000 and is bout 22 inches above. Temp runs around 75ish and humidity running from 45 to 75.

mancorn

mancorn

Im growing in pro mix garden blend and probably under watering not quite sure how much to be giving just gave it the first round of nutrients monday evening with a ph of around 6. My light is a spider farmer sf 1000 and is bout 22 inches above. Temp runs around 75ish and humidity running from 45 to 75.
I'm not a promix user, so best to wait for someone else to chime in. I think pro mix recommends a constant feed, with only a week or so of starter fertilizer. If so, they're probably hungry @3-4 weeks. What did you feed it? Is your light running at 100%? If so you might try dimming it down a notch.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey nkc , I'm prettier sure they are just hungry for nutes , should rapidly improve after feeding , and I would raise the lights a bit till they strengthen

They look very dry , I would water till medium requires a 3 day re water ,
Does pro mix garden have nutrients ? Haven't looked at that bag recently ....

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

better let us know what is ur current pH / EC or PPM value, and the pH and EC / ppm value of run off

All the problems and symptoms are caused by the inaccuracy of pH / ppm

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

How much water shiuld i be giving them and whats the best ppm to have
firstly, check ur run off ppm / ec ,
eg:
Start with 1.00 EC (or a SAFE nutrient strength). Next day, if it reads 1.4, it means your plants have been using water and your nutrient solution is becoming more concentrated. This means the concentration of nutrients is too high, so you dilute.

If the meter reads lower than the previous day, 0.7 say, it tells you that the plants are eating nutrients faster than they are drinking water, so you should increase your nutrient strength. If it remains the same, your feeding schedule is on target for now. The nutrient/water intake fluctuates with the growth of the plant, so you must continually monitor it day to day.

Your plants will tell you the optimum nutrient levels. When they are receiving optimum food and water, the readings remain constant. The more you do it, the easier it gets. The reason no one can tell you what PPM/EC levels to use is because every garden is different and every plant has different requirements due to their particular environment. That’s why you have a ball park starting figure, but after that your plants will tell you almost exactly what they require.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like @dire wolf says water that lady she is begging for water and without water no nutrients. @JASONBROTHER has you covered on the nutrients that should be in the water. But water it until the whole thing is saturated then give it a few days to dry well. always water until its saturated and you get a little run off then wait for it to dry well before doing so again.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Like @dire wolf says water that lady she is begging for water and without water no nutrients. @JASONBROTHER has you covered on the nutrients that should be in the water. But water it until the whole thing is saturated then give it a few days to dry well. always water until its saturated and you get a little run off then wait for it to dry well before doing so again.
Good evening:
Did you go to bed early last night?
begging for water?, This is COCO. Why its need to add water? It should be a direct nutrient solution,

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good evening:
Did you go to bed early last night?
begging for water?, This is COCO. Why its need to add water? It should be a direct nutrient solution,
Yes water with nutrients that what my post said.. Oh i didn't even look to see. Coco should never dry and always have nutrients added... good catch

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

this
I'm just gonna start linking this to new coco growers as its a lot to go over just on watering.

I read this article the day before yesterday. I remember you shared it with others. I felt that coco was a bit like rockwool. Even in the Veg, it needs to be watered every day. (what I learned before is that only coco needs to be watered frequently in the flower)

After I read this article, it only said that it needs frequent fertilization, but I didn't see that it needs watering?

What should I do? I'm a little anxious now. Can you explain it to me.

For example, if mature plants are watered three times a day, when should nutrients be watered?
Thank u so much

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

this

I read this article the day before yesterday. I remember you shared it with others. I felt that coco was a bit like rockwool. Even in the Veg, it needs to be watered every day. (what I learned before is that only coco needs to be watered frequently in the flower)

After I read this article, it only said that it needs frequent fertilization, but I didn't see that it needs watering?

For example, if mature plants are watered three times a day, when should nutrients be watered?
Thank u so much
Nutrients every single time

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

this

Thank u so much
Its covered in the guide here.

To maintain the balance, nutrients must be added to all irrigation water at the correct ratios and doses. The feed chart determines the ratio of each nutrient, and EC determines the total dose. As the plant absorbs water and nutrients the EC and the NER both will change. Practicing high frequency fertigation allows us to keep it from drifting too far from the ideal.

Many of our fertigation practices are about maintaining this balance with the correct EC and NER in the root zone. Each of the following four principles of fertigation focus on a specific practice to maintain the EC/NER balance and create the ideal growing conditions for your plant.

Principle #2: Always Add Fertilizers to the Water
Many guides recommend alternating nutrient solution with “plain”, “pHed”, or “CalMag” water. Although this may help prevent over-ambitious growers from burning their plants, it is not the correct practice to follow in a carefully managed grow. For a variety of reasons, it is much better to fertigate with the appropriate ratio and strength of nutrition at every irrigation event.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Its covered in the guide here.

To maintain the balance, nutrients must be added to all irrigation water at the correct ratios and doses. The feed chart determines the ratio of each nutrient, and EC determines the total dose. As the plant absorbs water and nutrients the EC and the NER both will change. Practicing high frequency fertigation allows us to keep it from drifting too far from the ideal.

Many of our fertigation practices are about maintaining this balance with the correct EC and NER in the root zone. Each of the following four principles of fertigation focus on a specific practice to maintain the EC/NER balance and create the ideal growing conditions for your plant.

Principle #2: Always Add Fertilizers to the Water
Many guides recommend alternating nutrient solution with “plain”, “pHed”, or “CalMag” water. Although this may help prevent over-ambitious growers from burning their plants, it is not the correct practice to follow in a carefully managed grow. For a variety of reasons, it is much better to fertigate with the appropriate ratio and strength of nutrition at every irrigation event.
As for coco, a previous article said that it is best to use 150 ppm tap water for coco。It is not recommended to use RO water.
Then my plant, I gave RO water with nutrient solution during germination, will enter the VEG period soon. If I change into tap water, there will be no problem?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As for coco, a previous article said that it is best to use 150 ppm tap water for coco。It is not recommended to use RO water.
Then my plant, I gave RO water with nutrient solution during germination, will enter the VEG period soon. If I change into tap water, there will be no problem?
Depends on tap water... you can use RO and just add 100-150ppm of cal mag. This is common for ppl with water not well suited to use for growing plants

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Depends on tap water... you can use RO and just add 100-150ppm of cal mag. This is common for ppl with water not well suited to use for growing plants
Let me try it . In your opinion, how much time can we have from germination to harvest? Compared with the traditional coco growing method we have known before

Latest posts

Top Bottom