My poor babies!!

• Thread starter Sunny86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunny86

Sunny86

I lost power at my home yesterday during a storm while I was at work! When I got home last night I found my babies dying! The vents, fans, lights, everything off for I dont know how long. It was 80° when I returned and since they were inside a zipped up grow tent, the vents and fans were off so there was no air circulation. 1 I'm sure is dead and the 2nd almost. Thankfully 2 of the 4 held strong.

My question is, can they be saved?!?! Or is it too late for these 2 ladies and need to start over?

My poor babies
My poor babies 2
Pics of the plants 1 day before the disaster, and today.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
They’ll be just fine, I screwed up one time turned on my gavitas 2-1000w and forget to turn on the a/c left for 5 hours came back it was 125F in the room. All the plants were drooping unbelievably never seen them that bad. Opened everything up got it cooled off they slowly recovered. I was in veg thought I lost the hole lot. How long were the lights out? Thing I be worried about is hermies.

Sunny86

Sunny86

I was gone about 8 hours so I have no idea how much of that time it was off for. :/ They are going into week 7 so still young.

Sunny86

Sunny86

Thanks. This is only my 2nd grow with this setup and never had an issue before. I hope they somehow survive but at least 2 are still going strong!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Very resilient plant bro, by your pic 3 should survive:)

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Don't give up all hope until the stems crack when you bend them. Sorry to hear about your power outage, at least all were not ruined and some can be saved!

Sunny86

Sunny86

Looks like they were having issues before the current issue

What do you see wrong? I'm still fairly new to this so if you see something wrong please educate me so I have it right since I'm still learning. I dont want to mess these up any worse. :/ They had had a slight issue with the leaves turning yellowish around the edges around the bottom a week ago but I corrected the ph and it seemed to be going away pretty quickly.

I did only 1 plant the first round as my tester with just a random seed I had and this time was supposed to be 3 with seeds I bought but 1 seed didnt pop the same time as the other 2 so I added another thinking it was a dud then off course all 4 ended up popped which is how I ended up with 4 in the first place. Was only supposed to be 3, lol. I have 2 White Widow, 1 Jack Herer and 1 Cinderalla 99 in there before the disaster. 2 were growing slightly slower than the other 2 but I figured it was because they sprouted almost a week after the other 2. (The 2 that look dead were the 2 that sprouted last)

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Sunny86

Sunny86

*Also let me add they will be in week 7 starting tomorrow but that's counting from the first day dropped in water till now.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
From what I can see, you will probably be OK although the color of the pictures makes it kind of hard to tell. Losing power shouldn't cause big issues since the heat source also turns off and the only thing you have to deal with is rising humidity levels, which will probably self regulate after a while. I would resume where you left off and see what the plants do. When plants don't get light, they typically stretch but it won't kill them unless something else is causing problems. Unless the plant's leaves get very dry an crispy, they will usually recover.

Sunny86

Sunny86

From what I can see, you will probably be OK although the color of the pictures makes it kind of hard to tell. Losing power shouldn't cause big issues since the heat source also turns off and the only thing you have to deal with is rising humidity levels, which will probably self regulate after a while. I would resume where you left off and see what the plants do. When plants don't get light, they typically stretch but it won't kill them unless something else is causing problems. Unless the plant's leaves get very dry an crispy, they will usually recover.

They were in a zipped up grow tent with no air circulation when everything shut down. It was 80 outside that day and even hotter in the garage that I turned into my grow area. :/ I was shocked it did that much damage that quick! I just took some pics of everything while the light was off to get better color/view. This is the surviving 2 plants and the setup after I took the damaged 2 out. They are a little droopy but all considered held up ok.
20190421 101827
20190421 101822
20190421 101808
20190421 102152

20190421 101827
Top Bottom