My poorly plants

• Thread starter ukcheesefiend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesefiend

I have some UK Cheese and they are 2 months into veg from clones. I have a problem with all but one plant where the leaf tips are curling under, also one of the plants has got 3 leaves at the bottom of the plant that have gone yellow overnight.

They have been grown 18/6 light under 600w HID lamp, in John Innes soil but supplemented with Cannavega ferts full strength once a week. They are watered 400ml per plant twice a day and misted after watering.

What could it be and where am I going wrong???

D

doubleds

ph

I have never grown uk cheese but have grown many cheese hybrids/cheese phenoe's and i have found that they dont like alot of nutes. I would try half strength instaed of full. Do you know what the ppm's are of full strength? Also what is the ph of the soil at? Run some ph water through until it runs outthe bottom, ph 6.3 if your using soil.

U

ukcheesehead

I have some UK Cheese and they are 2 months into veg from clones. I have a problem with all but one plant where the leaf tips are curling under, also one of the plants has got 3 leaves at the bottom of the plant that have gone yellow overnight.

They have been grown 18/6 light under 600w HID lamp, in John Innes soil but supplemented with Cannavega ferts full strength once a week. They are watered 400ml per plant twice a day and misted after watering.

What could it be and where am I going wrong???

a photo says a 1000 words

U

ukcheesefiend

how many posts do i need to be able to post pictures?

G

GDS StonerBoy

Honestly to me, it sounds like overwatering though i could be wrong. But when i first started out i had overwatering problems several times so i know what the symptoms look like.

H

HazeVentura

Premium Member
Supporter
Honestly to me, it sounds like overwatering though i could be wrong. But when i first started out i had overwatering problems several times so i know what the symptoms look like.

that was exactly in my mind, reading the post......

peace HV

H

HazeVentura

Premium Member
Supporter
yep, overwatered and way to much nutes.....

steveedg

steveedg

let the soil dry out m8 then then give just ph adjusted water for a week

hope this helps:yes

U

ukcheesefiend

how do i do this, previously i have used tap water but let it stand for a few hours at room temperature

steveedg

steveedg

how do i do this, previously i have used tap water but let it stand for a few hours at room temperature

get yourself a ph meter if thats not an option you can buy strips or fluids which will work but aren't as accurate

U

ukcheesefiend

Ok, so an update on the problem. I let the soil dry out and brought a pH meter which tells me everything is alkaline, even orange juice! I am trying to find some litmus paper as I think this will be much more accurate.

To stop the overwatering I have brought a drip feed system, installed today so we will see if that helps.

The plants seemed to get much worse last week, the leaves are drying out, turning yellow and dropping off, you can hear the leaves rustling in the breeze from the fan they are that dry. The phases of the leaves are as follows, curl at tips, slowly fade from green to yellow and then drop off. I have noticed that the stems are purple and growth seems to have slowed aswell. I havnt fed them for 2 weeks as I thought I might be over doing it.

Today I have brought some lime to add to the soil as I have read that this will regulate the pH do you think this will help? I have found a grow shop nearby so I am able to buy anything that is suggested.

M

moggggys

jezzzzzzz

okey dokey lets run through a few things , first off get to call you a dick for the lack of perlite , it comes very recommend by all for a bloody good reason , if your aiming to repot then please do use the stuff , the next grow then please please please use the stuff , makes a brilliant medium for the plants it really does and the drainage plus oxygene to the roots is spot on , mix at 30% perlite to soil

next you say you let the water sit a couple of hrs , no good , it needs to sit a whole day or more , theres chlorine in tap water to kill off the bugs , it also fucks up the microbes in the soil plus really really fucks with your p/h , allow to sit and watch the p/h level drop like a stone after a couple of days , chlorine evaporates after 24 hrs or so , i use a water butt that i top up when i need to , makes life alot easier and i get to add rainwater to it also

next ``Cannavega ferts full strength once a week ``, a serious problem , ill bet you read the instructions and followed that , this would be a serious issue as they always go way way over strength , i once tested some followed perfectly to the tub ( some other mind ) and it came out at 3600 ppm ,,,,,,, i needed 500 pmm , wondering how your over feeding ? a stick off ebays 20 quid and the best 20 quid you will spend as a grow tool , get one like yesterday , do not buy one from the hydro shop , there 75 quid in there for a bluelab , ouch

lime does regulate p/h but over done it will just eat your plants , if i were you id not use it this grow , over feeding with a nice dollop of lime plus chlorine infested high p/hed water sounds just what there after ????? not a good idea

a dripper system ? okkkkkkeeeeeeyyyyyyy , i wouldnt trust the fucker whatsoever , the reason is outside its impossible to over water as the water just buggers off into the water table , in a pot its concentrated so id guess this could add to your watering issues massively

it goes like this with watering , get a pot the exact same size full of the exact soil , stick it into the room to dry it out , when a pots watered its heavy , give it a day and its lighter , another and yet lighter , keep it up untill the pot feels the same as ``control`` pot ( the bugger without the plant in ) , you sir now know when to water as the control pot will tell you , if they droop like a bitch now it will be totally for lack of watering and will be easy to see , a pot your size is im guessing here at about a gallon ? for that id add about half to a full cup full when ever its needed

also dont feed the plants now for at least 3 weeks , they need to absorb the chemical cocktail they currently swim around in , after this time feed them every 3rd watering , if this takes weeks then so be it , they will not suffer and will be real healthy for it , once you get your meter then aim for much lower feeds , plants cant be forced to feed what there given so light feeds work wonderfully , its also a dam site easier to add more food than take it away , so you got the stick , heres all you need to know

clones , 300ppm
in veg , 500ppm
in flower , 800ppm

if you grow huge monsters then a bit more in flower but theres no real need to go over 1200ppm , i grow 9 foot triphids at 1600ppm as a max

final thing , i hope that fans not too keen , if you find any leaves with perforations then the fans too high , you shouldnt really hear the leaves banging around

good luck fella , try not to worry , once sorted it will become alot easier and its all a learning curve

B

BITYmagicBeanz

change your soil. too coco. and get ome ph down and ph meter and ull be fine.

U

ukcheesefiend

jezzzzzzz

okey dokey lets run through a few things , first off get to call you a dick for the lack of perlite , it comes very recommend by all for a bloody good reason , if your aiming to repot then please do use the stuff , the next grow then please please please use the stuff , makes a brilliant medium for the plants it really does and the drainage plus oxygene to the roots is spot on , mix at 30% perlite to soil

{Perlite is on my list now!}

next you say you let the water sit a couple of hrs , no good , it needs to sit a whole day or more , theres chlorine in tap water to kill off the bugs , it also fucks up the microbes in the soil plus really really fucks with your p/h , allow to sit and watch the p/h level drop like a stone after a couple of days , chlorine evaporates after 24 hrs or so , i use a water butt that i top up when i need to , makes life alot easier and i get to add rainwater to it also

{I have a tub of water that sits in the grow room now, it has sat there two days now, so it should be ready! I have also set an air stone in there to oxygenate the water, is this as productive as i imagine it to be? I have also noticed the humidity increase aswell with the tub left open.}

next ``Cannavega ferts full strength once a week ``, a serious problem , ill bet you read the instructions and followed that , this would be a serious issue as they always go way way over strength , i once tested some followed perfectly to the tub ( some other mind ) and it came out at 3600 ppm ,,,,,,, i needed 500 pmm , wondering how your over feeding ? a stick off ebays 20 quid and the best 20 quid you will spend as a grow tool , get one like yesterday , do not buy one from the hydro shop , there 75 quid in there for a bluelab , ouch

{Thinking that I should get the enviromental basics such as humidity and ph right before I feed again!}

lime does regulate p/h but over done it will just eat your plants , if i were you id not use it this grow , over feeding with a nice dollop of lime plus chlorine infested high p/hed water sounds just what there after ????? not a good idea

a dripper system ? okkkkkkeeeeeeyyyyyyy , i wouldnt trust the fucker whatsoever , the reason is outside its impossible to over water as the water just buggers off into the water table , in a pot its concentrated so id guess this could add to your watering issues massively

{I have set the drip rate to a very slow drip, I actually turned it off today when I saw water in the saucers. Perhaps turning the system on every three days or so? Or however the control pot indicates. Is a drip system better than pouring the water straight in?}

it goes like this with watering , get a pot the exact same size full of the exact soil , stick it into the room to dry it out , when a pots watered its heavy , give it a day and its lighter , another and yet lighter , keep it up untill the pot feels the same as ``control`` pot ( the bugger without the plant in ) , you sir now know when to water as the control pot will tell you , if they droop like a bitch now it will be totally for lack of watering and will be easy to see , a pot your size is im guessing here at about a gallon ? for that id add about half to a full cup full when ever its needed

also dont feed the plants now for at least 3 weeks , they need to absorb the chemical cocktail they currently swim around in , after this time feed them every 3rd watering , if this takes weeks then so be it , they will not suffer and will be real healthy for it , once you get your meter then aim for much lower feeds , plants cant be forced to feed what there given so light feeds work wonderfully , its also a dam site easier to add more food than take it away , so you got the stick , heres all you need to know

clones , 300ppm
in veg , 500ppm
in flower , 800ppm

if you grow huge monsters then a bit more in flower but theres no real need to go over 1200ppm , i grow 9 foot triphids at 1600ppm as a max

final thing , i hope that fans not too keen , if you find any leaves with perforations then the fans too high , you shouldnt really hear the leaves banging around

{More of a rustling, which only led me to water more. Stupid I am! But easy novice mistake to make, bet I aint the first or last tho!}

good luck fella , try not to worry , once sorted it will become alot easier and its all a learning curve

ok ok ok, I admit my naiveity. But in all fairness my cuttings rock! 20 out of 20 success rate aint bad.

S

Stackin Paper

They look like they're in some sort of re-veg too, or you got a light leak going on, single fingered leaves in veg is a big give away, how do the cuts look from them, are they 1 fingered aswell?

U

ukcheesefiend

When the pics were taken they were in veg, the least amount of fingers a leaf has is 3, cant see any with one, the clones are the same.

U

ukcheesefiend

Heres updated pics, the first problem seems to have gone and now uncovered another, the yellowing of the leaves doesnt seem to be like it was before, they are now a much darker yellow and have burnt tips and some have burns between the veins.

The pH of my water is between 6/7 and soil is 6. Still not used any nutes, been 3 weeks now. I have noticed over the last week growth has picked up on all plants. I have watered much less than I have been.

Any thoughts?

DSC00070
DSC00071
DSC00073
DSC00074
Top Bottom