My poorly plants

• Thread starter ukcheesefiend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesefiend

Aaarghh!

Ok, temp range is between 65f and 97f. This is too high and too low. Ventilation is becoming an issue as I am getting a bit paranoid about the volume of the fan when it is running. I have read that CO2 enrichment allows plants to tolerate higher temps (up to 100f apparently!) anyone else heard this or can support this?

In the veg plot I have a small heat mat from a reptile tank (approx 30 deg c) sitting under a propegation tray which all the pots are in. I have noticed increased growth and there doesn't seem to be any of the problems experienced in the flowering tent.

It will be very expensive to purchase and run enough heat mats to do the same in the flowering tent. I am considering the purchase of a parrafin heater to run overnight, keeping it warm and stuffing enough co2 in the tent. BUT! Safety? Will I burn alive (or burn the plants!) A tent of co2 will burn to carbon monoxide surely? The last thing I want is to kill the plants or myself with fire or lethal gasses.

My tent has a volume of 8 cubic meters, I have put an open container of sugar water and yeast for co2, about 1 litre, Is this enough to help my plants overcome the heat stresses they are under?

Humidity is also a problem, the tent is sealed as best as possible and two 16 litre water banks are not increasing humidity at all. I read that lower temps increase humidity, but to achieve lower temps I need to run the fan, which is surely sucking out the little humidity I have.

My fan is split from a 10" duct, to two 4" ducts, one to atmosphere and one to the veg plot that is under a flourescent and is a little cool. Fan is set to 15 minute on and 15 minute off from an hour after lights go on and an hour before they go off. Is this good or bad?

Will Humidity increase as the baby plants grow and the total of transpiring leaves increases?

Ok, I could ask questions all day long, give you guys chance to answer a few before the next paranoid rambling!

All replies gratefully recieved and appreciated.

U

ukcheesefiend

I have just noticed that when i mist my plants the run off at the tips of the leaves has a green tint to it. why is this?

U

ukcheesefiend

Moving on...

My first set of uk cheese are nearly there now, most of the problems have gone away and healthy growth is taking over.

Have managed to re veg a few plants under an envirolite and now two of those have gone in to flower and look amazing, mostly due to the new canna plus soil, pearlite and vermiculite.

So I have high expectations for my second or third harvest.

Starting a new grow diary! I will link later.

Top Bottom