my ppms are already 1800 when my auto went to flowering how do I add the tiger bloom?

• Thread starter myko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

myko

Hello ..I have a question about adding the ff tiger bloom ....first let me explain my setup
moby dick auto been growing for 5 weeks today
sub - coir and hydroton
hydro dwc ..6 plants
I've struggled with high Temps and sometimes up to 91 but I average between 77 and 83
also low humidity average about 34%
I have 2 grow rooms I built
2Ă—4s and sheetrock lined with reflective insulation
I have a humidifier in each room also put in a return air and a cheap bathroom exhaust...a couple fans
2 600 w wakyme lights and one 1000w spider light
I have 1 tote in each grow room one tote is 13 gal it has 2 plants the other tote is 27 gal it had 4plants
it seems I've gone through every problem Herr on my first hydro grow ...which I'm grateful for because I'm learning how to deal early on
my tote with 4 plants jyst got over root rot ...all 4 plants recovered fully but they are all stunted
I used ff trio nutes
also calmag and rhizotonic in the water and as foliage spray
since getting root rot I've become paranoid of my roots so I've been spraying them with 3% peroxide twice a day for 7 days now it cured them quick

anyway my problem is : I've been so busy I didn't realize week 5 was already coming up until I saw the the flowers forming well I just cleaned my resevoirs out and added new nutes yesterday but only used ff big bloom and grow big not the tiger bloom and my ppms are already at 1800so I know it's too late to add to my resevoir ..so what can I do? do I need to clean my rez out again or just wait until next res change which are every 7 to 10 days?
thanks sorry for the lengthy post

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Hello ..I have a question about adding the ff tiger bloom ....first let me explain my setup
moby dick auto been growing for 5 weeks today
sub - coir and hydroton
hydro dwc ..6 plants
I've struggled with high Temps and sometimes up to 91 but I average between 77 and 83
also low humidity average about 34%
I have 2 grow rooms I built
2Ă—4s and sheetrock lined with reflective insulation
I have a humidifier in each room also put in a return air and a cheap bathroom exhaust...a couple fans
2 600 w wakyme lights and one 1000w spider light
I have 1 tote in each grow room one tote is 13 gal it has 2 plants the other tote is 27 gal it had 4plants
it seems I've gone through every problem Herr on my first hydro grow ...which I'm grateful for because I'm learning how to deal early on
my tote with 4 plants jyst got over root rot ...all 4 plants recovered fully but they are all stunted
I used ff trio nutes
also calmag and rhizotonic in the water and as foliage spray
since getting root rot I've become paranoid of my roots so I've been spraying them with 3% peroxide twice a day for 7 days now it cured them quick

anyway my problem is : I've been so busy I didn't realize week 5 was already coming up until I saw the the flowers forming well I just cleaned my resevoirs out and added new nutes yesterday but only used ff big bloom and grow big not the tiger bloom and my ppms are already at 1800so I know it's too late to add to my resevoir ..so what can I do? do I need to clean my rez out again or just wait until next res change which are every 7 to 10 days?
thanks sorry for the lengthy post
Some pics of the plant will help, I would say your fine with just using the res up if your just seeing the start of flowering. I usually don’t add k until 2-3 weeks into flower.

M

myko

oh here's pics ...the first plant is the runt ...it was recovering from root rot ...at 5weeks its only this big ...is it worth growing ?

Screenshot 20230221 104047 Gallery
Screenshot 20230221 103947 Gallery
Screenshot 20230221 103903 Gallery
Screenshot 20230221 103943 Gallery
Screenshot 20230221 103834 Gallery
Screenshot 20230221 103819 Gallery
Screenshot 20230221 103800 Gallery
M

myko

Some pics of the plant will help, I would say your fine with just using the res up if your just seeing the start of flowering. I usually don’t add k until 2-3 weeks into flower.

thanks I've read for months before starting this but there's so many different opinions

thanks I've read and read for months before starting this dwc but it seems I still have questions I can't find an answer to ...I think your way sounds best , thanks

M

myko

If you are just adding then add your bloom and dilute the res to the desired ppm.

do you think 1800ppm is high for 5 weeks ? I've been running high since 2 week ...not on purpose...but the plants don't seem bothered by it

Habosabin

Habosabin

do you think 1800ppm is high for 5 weeks ? I've been running high since 2 week ...not on purpose...but the plants don't seem bothered by it

most charts I use top out at 1200. I usually run 800 to 1000. Usually autos dont need ppms that high

M

myko

What's the ppm of your water before nutes?
It was close to 300 before nutes so this last resevoir refill I just 7 gallons of distilled water and used them
I was running 1200 ppm at 3 weeks with my tap water but I think my measurements aren't quite right ...well obviously
so I was just thinking the 300 ppm in my tap water is all junk at as far as my plants are concerned right? so does that mean that there's 300ppm less nutrients I cam use? or ,and this probly sounds a little ignorant, does that mean I run my ppms 300 high to compensate for the 300 of junk? or I guess logic should tell me to simply not use my tap water

Habosabin

Habosabin

You need some of your tap to stabilize the RO for ph. Or use a ph stabilizer. About 100ppm worth. Then you can add your nutes but I'd probably not go over 1200 without fear of burning the tips.

M

myko

You need some of your tap to stabilize the RO for ph. Or use a ph stabilizer. About 100ppm worth. Then you can add your nutes but I'd probably not go over 1200 without fear of burning the tips.

thank you for all of your responses Habosabin I really appreciate it ...I've studied up on all this and there is still so much to learn
but anyway so RO needs a little tap water. mixed in to stabilize ph? I just did a resevoir change today -I bought a water filter my tap is so jacked up I ran it through my humidifier 3 times and it clogged it and burned it up- after running 17 gallons of water through it and 2filters, I filled my tote with water that now reads 0.00 ppms and 6.7ph
I have ph up and ph down is that good for stability?
another question 5 weeks dwc Moby dick auto I'm still a little confused about feeding ..i found sale on ff nutes yesterday , and I got all the soils plus ff trio , ff calmag,ff cultivation nation veggie , and cultivation nation flower ...I know I don't need all this but I've a dozen different feeding schedule all different ....what would u do with the nutes I have ?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Ro without a stabilizer swings to much apparently. My tap is really high here. Around 500ppm. I use RO and use house and garden RO stabilizer. But I read somewhere than diluting the tap down to 100 to 125 acts as a stabilizer

M

myko

Ro without a stabilizer swings to much apparently. My tap is really high here. Around 500ppm. I use RO and use house and garden RO stabilizer. But I read somewhere than diluting the tap down to 100 to 125 acts as a stabilizer
ok my tap comes out a little over 300 but the water purifier igot (zero water is what it's called) brings it down to 0.00
the ph is 5.9 and ppms is 1100 now I put the ff trio in calmag and rhizotonic so far my plants seem happy

Top Bottom