My Problem Child

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Seems as I can't get these seeds to budge. Have been in frig , about a month old ... Scuffed. Now 1% bleach in water. They have a tendency to wanna float first day.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
There's a few white but not a lot. These are my own cross ww x dpd. All my other crosses have practically jumped out of there shells. So @Oom pah pah I used a garlic press to smash and definitely viable inside

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
dunno the dealio with them thar hunnybear(??)..I like to let mine air dry for at least a month in a bowl at room temp out in the open

Maybe let them sit longer. ? They have been frigged left out in cool room .. Dark. Thank you. M

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Kinda cool to see what's inside.

soserthc1

soserthc1

@Ambre .....search germination under her name and it will pop up , sorry can't link on iPad
Edit , thou those are not old seeds and if none of them are popping the problem is deeper than a germination method IMHO ...best of luck

Natural

Natural

Maybe let them sit longer. ? They have been frigged left out in cool room .. Dark. Thank you. M
They're a month old from harvesting? I think that would be my first inclination. Funny you say dark..never thought seeds were sensitive to light. As far as I thought..temps and humidity are the biggest deals.
I never worry for getting them cold right away. Drying them out is pretty important..for germ and storage. If kept at room temps and average humidity..I've left them to sit out for several months just in a bowl.
wobbly goblin has a good idea..freezing might pull the moisture out of them. Might put them in some dry rice too.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
@Ambre .....search germination under her name and it will pop up , sorry can't link on iPad
Edit , thou those are not old seeds and if none of them are popping the problem is deeper than a germination method IMHO ...best of luck

I believe Ambre is a guy And a good grower at that. !

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ob's uses %1 bleach with water to soak. Trying to rule out over pollination as the factor.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I believe Ambre is a guy And a good grower at that. !
You know what I wasn't sure and I just came back and it was to late @Ambre if I was wrong my bad .
I'll make it up by saying hit caps bennies section 70% sale till tomorrow and your welcome for the info you asked for ....damn ;)

Tnelz

Tnelz

Since getting into the whole coconut and aloe thing I've been reading till my eyes bleed. 1/4 cup of each in a gallon. Good shake my lady then soak them in that. I bet u get a response. Good luck and I hope the dragons lair is warm cuz it's cooooold!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Don
You know what I wasn't sure and I just came back and it was to late @Ambre if I was wrong my bad .
I'll make it up by saying hit caps bennies section 70% sale till tomorrow and your welcome for the info you asked for ....damn ;)

Was gonna say thank you ! Metal barns do not like.cellphones. And yes that mason jars looks like could be useful.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
U believe the over pollination of a plant could create to hard of shells? You never stop learning. A open mind is a gracious mind. That's why I posted this I knew great minds think alike ! It's like a challenge to fiquire out . Much love and thanks to all if u. M
Since getting into the whole coconut and aloe thing I've been reading till my eyes bleed. 1/4 cup of each in a gallon. Good shake my lady then soak them in that. I bet u get a response. Good luck and I hope the dragons lair is warm cuz it's cooooold!

Yah I know I have to stand in rain and wind to answer. Nice storm. At least still have power. Aloe huh your likin

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
I dont think its over pollination. I imagine you had to fertilize heavily with a big pay load. most likely just thick shells. They dont need to age or dry or freeze to be viable. I have seen plenty of volunteers pop straight out of a fresh bud . If it were me id just let em soak and change the water if it get stagnant. They will crack eventually.

Top Bottom