My quest/adventures for the honeycomb so far lol...

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

So first and foremost I decided to start making bho wax/honeycomb out of my trim I started reading all these threads and found out what was missing from what I was doing before. The thing that was missing was my vacuum purge station...

So in doing my homework for how to set one up I realized I already had all the shit I needed just sitting around lol. Im an hvac tech in my spare time and come to find out all you needed was a vacuum pump and gauges and a chamber... Well lucky me already had a robinair 6cfm cooltech vacuum pump and yellow jacket r-22 gauges sitting there that I have been using to vacuum out ac systems for the longest now... So that was cool for sure definitely +1 for the home team.

Next thing was the vacuum chamber and boy has that been a mf so far... I made one from a mason jar and the suction cup fitting from the mighty vac that works fantastic but it can only do very small amounts considering how im doing half pound plus runs of bho at a time it just wasnt gonna work so on to the journey for a bigger chamber I found myself on which led me to ebay...

Now let me tell you anybody who says using a regular ss pot works either has a weak pump or is full of shit because I already did this to two of them without adding a lick of heat...
My questadventures for the honeycomb so far lol
... Currently I have found the food saver jars you buy at sears work great due to my friends research we are on the same mission... I personally have went back to the mason jar for now until I can find a suitable replacement that wont fold on me under any condition.

Temperature is key to the texture I found the oil for my bubba og wont honeycomb under 125-130*f and it takes hours. I also found that whipping the shit out of your oil into a goo in the pyrex before you try to vacuum purge saves some time on the vacuum purging imo. I also found that a food thermometer in the water along with a laser thermometer is like a hand in hand deal you need both so you can be sure where your at temp wise you dont wanna over heat that just makes a mess I learned that the hard way lol.

With all that said and done and wax being on the floor I went on to find the best pen for waxing. I been using my homies trippy stick (ivapor) or whatever for the last few days and I liked it. I went and bought this Atmos Raw today and I think this is a better product all around especially seeing how you can vape weed too if you feel like i. This bitch is a beast... That was is from bubba og trim and was purged for 24hrs total at 120*f. I been getting fried off this bitch all day long its awesome if your lookig for a pen get one of these for sure and make sure you get the glass screen and take out the spring :)

My questadventures for the honeycomb so far lol 2

This thread aint over until I perfect this shit lol.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
We are on the same page QB! Nice pick-up on the Atmos raw. Im just waiting for mine now. I recently bought a foodsaver and ordered the jar attachments for purging. Probably going to out grow that so in my search I came across something. Do a google for " Vacuum Desiccators " Those look great for bigger runs. Thanks for posting this up bro Im on the same mission.:)

Since your an hvac guy maybe you could point me in the right direction for a 24000 btu mini.;)

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

by honeycomb, do you mean you are going for crumbly, wax style oil?

good to know about the friendly hvac tech in the area too.

K

kushsmoker30

We are on the same page QB! Nice pick-up on the Atmos raw. Im just waiting for mine now. I recently bought a foodsaver and ordered the jar attachments for purging. Probably going to out grow that so in my search I came across something. Do a google for " Vacuum Desiccators " Those look great for bigger runs. Thanks for posting this up bro Im on the same mission.:)

Since your an hvac guy maybe you could point me in the right direction for a 24000 btu mini.;)

http://www.kingersons.com/

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

by honeycomb, do you mean you are going for crumbly, wax style oil?

good to know about the friendly hvac tech in the area too.
Yeah I like the shit that breaks down like good bubble hash would that honeycomb texture is what it is for sure and definitely hit me up if you need some hvac assistance.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I have seen those already my search has been on "vacuum degassing chambers" I have pulled a lot of good info from that one. As far as minis go I got mine from amazon... Ebay has a lot of good deals too. Next place to look would be a hvac supply house like johnstone supply or united refridgeration if your in the wayne co. area. They are very easy to install too all you really need is gauges and a vacuum pump lol aint that some shit... And you thought all that bitch was good for was waxing huh lol... That is if you dont go over 15ft linesets or whatever your preset charge is rated for. Also you need to run a new circuit for the electrical part along with a few other things and a nice hole saw bit and some common sense but its super easy. Ill be posting back shortly.

orbad

orbad

I crushed a pot a while back. It was loud! I had it in a double boiler, basically hot (140°) water in a pot with my smaller chamber in that pot. It was purging nice until the pop.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I crushed a pot a while back. It was loud! I had it in a double boiler, basically hot (140°) water in a pot with my smaller chamber in that pot. It was purging nice until the pop.
Rofl when mine popped I jumped up like wtf was that... That shit aint no joke.

orbad

orbad

I had my face inches from the lexan watching it bubble... yeah, I jumped a bit.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Here is some pics from my bubba og oil run last night...

Initial extraction

Butane boiled out

The whipping stage

Stabilized at room temp

Melting back down @ 140* water temp at full vac

Finished product isnt ready yet but ill be posting that up when its over with :)

orbad

orbad

Have you tried blasting into parchment paper floating in warm water yet? The kind that hasthe foil on the back works awesome. Purges quick too.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Have you tried blasting into parchment paper floating in warm water yet? The kind that hasthe foil on the back works awesome. Purges quick too.
Nope havent tried that one out yet but thats why this thread is here im bout to go check that out now.

orbad

orbad

Works great, no scraping between purge methods. I think Reynolds makes it, called pan liner. Just make sure its parchment.

G

gooey

higher heat for honey comb mane....not sure why its more desierable other than handling....not trying to preach tho, you like honeycomb i like shatter...no worrys puff puff pass and gl on yet missh

K

kushsmoker30

a buddy is killing it with a fruit dehyderator, think about it....it apply's heat while blowing away the moister/water it make some dry crumblie wax.

i think 1 of the biggest probs people have is that moister tends to accumulate on the bottom inside the pan, from the frezzing tang in the pan causing condensation cuz of hot water or some kind of a heat element placed underneath to speed up evaporation. either way walmart n target have excellent return policies, should u want to try this but i have a feeling u won't b returning that $50 piece of equipment ;)

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

U DONT NEED TO DRY IT EVEN..GOOD STUFF PURGED THEN WHIPPED WILL SET OVER NIGHT GENERALLY IF ITS IN A LUMP...HAS TO BE GOOD THO

BLASTING INTO PAPER IN WATER IS QUICK PURGE STEEZ...I USED THE FOIL BACKED STUFF, BUT SWITCHED BACK TO REG PARCH...STRONGER SEEMINGLY...I LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SEE THROUGH IT AS WELL...U CAN FORM THE PARCHMENT TIGHT N IT WILL HOLD SHAPE AS WELL...

HigherLiving

HigherLiving

A buddy of mine made this with his vacuum purge, I can ask what he uses for his dome. I know he drilled through the glass to make his own.

20130202 153526
20130202 153622

HigherLiving

HigherLiving

He doesn't have a digital read out but we used to cook it under the hair dryer, this batch he heated up to where it was just runny. Before we would smear it with the hair dryer... hopefully that gives a good example of how much.

I think he said four hours it sat under the vacuum. He modified a valve to hold the pressure, all he needs to do it achieve it with his vacuum now.

This is an older whip only method... I will try to get side pictures next time I go over. (hopefully tomorrow)
Droid 836

hotRod

hotRod

I'm trying to get from shatter to honeycomb
I know I need to vacuum longer.
Do I do this with heat (how hot) until it honeycombs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom