My Red Card came very quick !

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightrampage

yea i've always wanted to go to Amsterdam but i moved to Colorado instead... i really have no desire to visit there now.. our herbs are probably as good if not better anyway..

saved me an expensive trip..

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I see "legalization" of weed happening a lot like the legalization of booze happened.

Dunno the state-by-state laws on home brewing...but when alcohol "became legal' it also became legal in most places to >legally< to make yer own beer/wine for personal consumption. Larger amounts....commercial amounts...were licensed out to large corps..as you know.

The difference between alcohol and pot being legal will be nil in these areas...and THAT is what most folks here/on the canna boards don't wanna hear. YES...the BIG corps will step in...

and for the >privilege< of the Gov't allowing you to freely buy/use marijuana....just as you can do with alcohol... ANY sales outside of licensed/permitted uses will be illegal/prosecuted. You'll be permitted to grow "X' amount at home....but ...like home brews...you won't be permitted legallly to sell it to your neighbor/friend/or set up a bar in your garage and sell openly to the public/etc.

in other words,,,legal will specifically mean "for personal use only".... and like alcohol...the 'capitalistic' approach to it that >many< folks have historicall enjoyed will be reserved for those willing to pay to open a biz/pay taxes/licensing on the sales/etc....and those folks will be forced to buy it "wholesale' from another licensed seller rather than firing up a light and selling weed you grew yourself/profit 100% from/etc.

Anyone who thinks the Gov't will "legalize" and it will be a free-for--all...."blow-it-up-like -it's COLORADO MMJ" scenario where you don't have to work and can sell freely is mistaken BIGTIME. "Sales" will revert to the illegal market....just like it was "pre-med"...and you'll probably always be able to sell a bag here/there of DANK...but not for the "illegal model" price of $400 per bag/$4000 per pound we're stuck on now. Again....think of what happened to the price of a bottle of hooch AFTER Prohibition was lifted and it was taxed/sold in the store.

And I dunno about you....but I got a buncha seeds and I don't plan to let monsanto have any of em...

s h

IMO, we are light years away from such a legalization. The medical model will first take hold on a national level, we will have schedule II "medical" marijuana. The corporations will patent, not the plant genetics themselves (unless they make a GMO cannabis), but the actual cannabinoid profiles. Once every cannabinoid combination has been patented, you will be in patent infringement and get sued by big pharma. The medical model will be used against us, much like Monsanto is doing to small time corn and soy farmers today. This, along with the Food Modernization Act, will basically make ALL home gardens illegal. Monsanto will have its corporate militia and army of lawyers making rounds, much like they do in occupied Iraq, to make sure you are growing (or not growing) their seed. And since you will now be in corporate civil territory, not criminal, you will no longer have any rights and you will be sued into oblivion.

Sorry if I come off pessimistic, but you could call me a "conspiracy theorist" I've seen this slowly unfolding for quite sometime now, and cannabis is just as much a part of it as is controlling our agriculture and food supply!

True legalization will only come after a complete breakdown and revolution, both economic and societal, and a lot has to change, particularly our skewed capitalist debt-slave system, as cannabis prohibition has been used to fill our prisons and help drive this system for quite some time now...they won't just give up that easy....will they?

In fact, it is truly frowned on to smoke marijuana in public...like walking down the street or in the Park.

not surprisingly...most folks told us "only the americans do that" when we visited there...

s h

I'm guessing you never made it to Vondel Park? :damnhippie:

sky high

sky high

I''m sure it happens (smoking in the parks). I was just pointing out that the perpetuated myth about "amsterdam" that many hold in a fantasyworld in their head is just that.

If we have a societal breakdown "weed" is gonna be the last thing on our minds...

s h

W

wnt2know

Im still waiting for my renewal red card sinse April..lol

Can anyone help a LTD MMJ holder find some Mother's Finest or Chem Dog seed or clones dont matter as i Have 28 years of crop study and production, but i can not find good souces of background as i need to know. History is very important to me as I do my own genetics and creating own strains.
Thanks for stoppin by :-)

sky high

sky high

FYI......It's against the rules here to ask for seeds or clones.

good luck with the card

s h

F

Funkfingers

Sent in on the second, card issued the thirteenth, and it was in my hands this morning...I'd say the backlog is caught up..

sky high

sky high

Yup...they are getting there. Of the 7 renewals I've sent in, 6 came back in exactly a week.
2010's took 8 months.

Gonna be interesting to see how the renewals go for many folks now that they have time to review each application and have a list of approved docs on hand.

I'm also expecting the cost of the card to drop.....but we shall see.

never a dull moment

wot a mess...

s h

sky high

sky high

Did anyone here use this guy for their rec??

Colorado doctor accused of faulty medical-pot recommendation, may lose license

By John Ingold
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/22/2010

A doctor accused of approving medical marijuana for a woman six months pregnant could become the first Colorado physician to lose his license for a sub-standard marijuana recommendation.

Dr. Manuel De Jesus Aquino is accused of recommending marijuana in January to a 20-year-old woman at a Denver dispensary. In a formal complaint filed last week by the state attorney general's office on behalf of the Colorado Medical Board, Aquino is accused of not performing a thorough review of the woman's medical history, not listening to her heart or lungs, not asking her to come back for follow-up care and not taking any notes on the 3-minute evaluation other than on her marijuana-recommendation form.

The doctor did not ask whether she was pregnant, and the woman, who was 28 weeks along, did not volunteer the information, the complaint states. When the woman gave birth in April, her child tested positive for marijuana and had "initial feeding difficulties," the complaint says.

The complaint against Aquino was first reported by Solutions, a health-policy news website produced by professional journalists at the University of Colorado Denver's School of Public Affairs and funded by private foundations.

"Pregnancy is a contraindication for the use of medical marijuana," the complaint states, later stating that Aquino "failed to meet the generally accepted standard of medical practice."

Colorado law requires doctors to have a "bona-fide" relationship with patients to whom they recommend marijuana.

Aquino has been a doctor since 1974 and licensed in Colorado since 2007, according to a profile of him posted on the Colorado Division of Registrations' website. His license has been suspended pending the outcome of the medical board's proceedings, according to the complaint.

Aquino's attorney, Sheila Meer, could not be reached for comment Tuesday evening. She told Solutions that Aquino would respond to the charges within the 30 days allowed.

"It would be premature to talk about it until then," Meer told the website.

Aquino specializes in medical-marijuana recommendations, according to the online profile.

In July, Aurora police arrested a doctor named Manuel Aquino-Villaman on allegations of writing shoddy marijuana recommendations to two undercover Aurora police officers.

There is only one doctor named Manuel Aquino listed in Colorado's physician licensing records, though no one was available to confirm Tuesday evening whether Aquino and Aquino-Villaman are the same person.

sky high

sky high

Ooops.....I hope none of you have patronized this dispensary in the past

Medical marijuana records found near Dumpster

DENVER - It was the last thing Harold Morton expected to find while taking some recyclables out to the alley behind his home. When he walked past a Dumpster, he saw it in a cardboard box: a thick blue binder.

"I picked the book up and I opened it and right away. I noticed the top of each page; medical marijuana registry forms. The next thing I noticed is there is all these people's personal information on each one of those sheets," Morton said.

The forms were inside plastic sleeves and contained social security numbers and dates of birth, along with patient names, addresses and telephone numbers. The binder contained the personal and medical information of dozens of patients.

The forms were on letterhead identified as Apothecary of Colorado, a dispensary in Denver.

Adam Stapen, an attorney for Apothecary of Colorado, says their patient records are "kept under lock and key to protect privacy of patients."

He says the current owners purchased the dispensary on July 1 and it is possible the patient records are from before that.

While the Colorado Department of Revenue is charged with overseeing medical marijuana dispensaries, they have no statutory authority regarding the handling of patient records. The state legislature would need to pass a statute creating such authority.

"This is really upsetting that patient personal information, their medical records, could be so carelessly discarded and left for others to find. Not only does it raise the specter of identity theft, but is also compromises people's personal medical information," Pat Steadman, a Colorado state senator representing Denver, said. "This is something the legislature probably will be debating come next month."

Morton was going to deliver the binder to the Denver Police. He says his concern is for the patients with information in the binder.

"I thought people should know all this information was loose, lying in an alley in Denver," Morton said. "I've had problems in the past with identity theft myself and that was my first thought, that all of these people's identities could or already have been stolen."

T

TyKaycha

Isn't Apothecary of Colorado the ones on the Daily Show & CNBC?
That guy always comes off as such an @ss.
Don't know if he really is or isn't, but definitely doesn't interview well.

N

nightrampage

so curious .... if you got your card with the help of a doctor who gets in trouble... can they invalidate your Red Card?

not that it's happening to me... i'm pretty sure my doctor was 1st class and all.. just in case, because i know they're pulling out all the stops to screw with the industry..

so lets say i did have one of those doctors that are getting in trouble.. looses their job.. because i already have my card, are they able to take it away?-

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

so curious .... if you got your card with the help of a doctor who gets in trouble... can they invalidate your Red Card?

not that it's happening to me... i'm pretty sure my doctor was 1st class and all.. just in case, because i know they're pulling out all the stops to screw with the industry..

so lets say i did have one of those doctors that are getting in trouble.. looses their job.. because i already have my card, are they able to take it away?-

NO, most definitely NOT, if you already had it issued.

And I'm 99.7% sure that you could apply w/ a rec. from this Dr. even now, as long as the exam took place before this license was suspended.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I got my renewal in 20 days! The CDPHE has stepped it up! Thanks for the hard work Debra!

Top Bottom