My Relative Humidity Is Super High!! Help A Brother Out!!

• Thread starter Green miled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Green miled

hey guys, today I need help figuring out what dehumidifier or dehumidifiers I need to dry my flower room. 24 20 gallons with 30 gallons being fed every 2-3 days. I know I need a dehumidifier as last cycle I didnt even have half the lights I have now.
My setup includes 4 de 750 phantoms, 3 aircooled raptors and 1 adjusta wing. Also a 36,000 mini split and co2
My questions are-
What size dehumifier will I need?
What model would you recommend if you actually know?
And should I buy 2 dehumidifiers or 1 large one(1 large one is more expensive in most cases)

I'd appreciate some help, thanks in advance if your commenting:smoking:

Dan789

Dan789

Everyone's space is different, that said you haven't mentioned what your RH is. But nonetheless you'll need at least one possibly more, that's going to have to be nailed down by you.
Get something that is energy star rated, so you can save some energy while it's running 24/7, figure that you'll need to hook up a permanent drain hose, instead of monitoring however many you'll need and then you won't have it/them shutting down because the reservoirs are full. For my small two 4x4 tent space I bought a 50 pint frigidaire (which works fine for me, buts on the small side).
Possibly one of the larger grow members will chime on what larger model they're using, but you've got to start somewhere, if you don't deal with high RH, you will have to deal with bud rot and possibly powdery mildew, both not good. The good news is that after getting them up and running you can set what you want for RH and it should stay there for this grow and on to the next. Good luck.

G

Green miled

My humidity get up to 84% RH

Everyone's space is different, that said you haven't mentioned what your RH is. But nonetheless you'll need at least one possibly more, that's going to have to be nailed down by you.
Get something that is energy star rated, so you can save some energy while it's running 24/7, figure that you'll need to hook up a permanent drain hose, instead of monitoring however many you'll need and then you won't have it/them shutting down because the reservoirs are full. For my small two 4x4 tent space I bought a 50 pint frigidaire (which works fine for me, buts on the small side).
Possibly one of the larger grow members will chime on what larger model they're using, but you've got to start somewhere, if you don't deal with high RH, you will have to deal with bud rot and possibly powdery mildew, both not good. The good news is that after getting them up and running you can set what you want for RH and it should stay there for this grow and on to the next. Good luck.

sixstring

sixstring

room size is also helpfull here.did you have a minisplit on the last grow? if not have you already purchased the minisplit because some of the newer units have dehum only features now.

G

Green miled

room size is also helpfull here.did you have a minisplit on the last grow? if not have you already purchased the minisplit because some of the newer units have dehum only features now.

Room is 10x20x8 and I have an aura mini split and it has the dehumidifier setting but it's not the best. I can't set a room temp or fan speed

sixstring

sixstring

Room is 10x20x8 and I have an aura mini split and it has the dehumidifier setting but it's not the best. I can't set a room temp or fan speed
well i have a 12 x 20 x 9.5h room and my 70 pint dehuy does a fine job for me.im only watering about 15 to 20 gallons a day in soil/peat based pots.not sure if you are a soil grower or hydro?
the smallest quest would be perfect for your spot,im looking at getting the 215 for my new shop though.

but this one would do your spot fine https://hydrobuilder.com/quest-dual-110-overhead-dehumidifier.html?dzid=strands_700817

yes these are expensive but not when you look at the effeciency.

Latest posts

Top Bottom