My runoff PH is always too high

• Thread starter bulletxs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
There is a misnomer about watering that folks seem to fall into. Folks think that you need to give your soil a slightly acidic solution to keep the soil within range. The fact of the matter is this is untrue. Ideally you start with soil in your ideal ph range and then you add ph neutral water to it to keep it growing. This is what happens in Mother Nature. Mother Nature doesn’t ph the water before it rains. In fact rain water is distilled water and will naturally take the ph of the growing medium as it trickles through it. Mother Nature has no need to ph because the ph of distilled water is naturally 7 or neutral. By adding acidic water to your growing medium you are further shifting it out of range and thus nute lockout occurs.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When I water I soak the entire pot until there is some runoff but not abunch. I water based on how heavy/light the pot is. I personally dont think Im over watering and more so think its a ph issue but this is my first grow after all so I could be wrong. Probably time for some nutes. Im running three led lights in a 4x4, two HLG 100's at 95 watts each and a blurple vivosun at 230watts. The lights are about 20 inches from the plants. Do I need to raise them?
Watering is often dependant on your growing medium, as different mediums react differently. Makig sure the roots get O2 is very important, and some mediums are better at allowing Oxygen in than others. If it is sopping wet, it is too wet. I use a general purpose 20-20-20 fertilizer (Jacks) and have no problems with overfeeding or Ph swiings. I would give a small dose of a general purpose nute at about 20% of normal dose. See how the plant reacts for a few days and add more if needed. Its much easier to add nutes than to try to leach them out or change your Ph.

THCMonster

THCMonster

I see theres unsulphured and sulphured molasses to choose from. Which one do I want?

You can use either one, but sulphured molasses you cant use in flush as sulphur is a nutrient your plant will still uptake

bulletxs

bulletxs

Watering is often dependant on your growing medium, as different mediums react differently. Makig sure the roots get O2 is very important, and some mediums are better at allowing Oxygen in than others. If it is sopping wet, it is too wet. I use a general purpose 20-20-20 fertilizer (Jacks) and have no problems with overfeeding or Ph swiings. I would give a small dose of a general purpose nute at about 20% of normal dose. See how the plant reacts for a few days and add more if needed. Its much easier to add nutes than to try to leach them out or change your Ph.
Two of the plants are due for watering tonight when the lights come back on. Ill give them a dose of the micro and bloom nutes that I have and report back after a day or two on how they responded. Thanks

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Are your plants suffering? My tap water come out of faucet is ph 8.0 my runoff is 6.2 but unless my plants are suffering i rarely check ph, (all i grow is autos) you can buy water if its hard or off, you can buy stuff to raise and lower your ph, but with autoflowers you can tell if there running right, other things can throw off your ph such as types of nutrients over feeding ect, your autos are 45 days old they should be in flower and almost ready for bloom nutrients, i can give you better advice if i could see a pic of your plant, my ph bounces around a bit but what are your plants doing? Your sweating over something that may not matter in the long run yea we all want our ph perfect but sometimes its off i very rarely fix or even check ph unless im seeing a problem, i have run enough autoflowers to know there mo, lets see a pic this is my last grow of 2 critical autos i think i checked my ph 1 time but if i see something off the first thing u do is check ph and go from there, lets see a pic
nice healthy plants!
think way too many people cause more problems to their grow dealing with ph stuff and this and that, geez!
i basically never check it, and always successful.
i check on them daily and go from there.
but i know im the type to never follow the norm.

bulletxs

bulletxs

nice healthy plants!
think way too many people cause more problems to their grow dealing with ph stuff and this and that, geez!
i basically never check it, and always successful.
i check on them daily and go from there.
but i know im the type to never follow the norm.
In all fairness guys its not like my plants aren't showing any problems, if that was the case I wouldn't be posting in the first place. Its my first grown so its entirely possible that its not a ph issue, but the fact that my plants are showing deficiencies is the reason I'm searching to understand why in the first place.

Top Bottom