My second grow COCO

• Thread starter Clm307
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clm307

Clm307

Sup guys this is my second grow and first in coco so hopefully I can make it through without to many problems , any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated 🤙
3x3x6 tent
260w quantum board( at half power about 3ft away) 24 hr
coco perlite mix (washed and buffered with cal mag twice)
2 peyote WiFis
RH 75%
temp 80f

Germinated by soaking two hours then placing in wet paper towels , then placed in jiffy pellets

Seed broke surface on 6/22
Gave first watering at 6/25 which I thought was a ec of 300 but actually was 1000( due to faulty ec meter )
this went on for the last two days till I got a new meter today . So I don’t know what to do but give a proper diluted dose tomorrow and hope for the best but as of now they look healthy 🤷‍♂️..like I said I’m new to this but I have done a lot of research. suggestions would be much appreciated 🤙

My second grow coco
My second grow coco 2
My second grow coco 3
My second grow coco 4
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
My $.02 is when the plant is that small you don’t need to water until runoff. It is easy to overwater at that stage. I wouldn’t water again under the cup is almost completely dry. Happy grows.

Clm307

Clm307

My $.02 is when the plant is that small you don’t need to water until runoff. It is easy to overwater at that stage. I wouldn’t water again under the cup is almost completely dry. Happy grows.
I thought it’s harder to over water coco? I was told to saturate whole media to help with salt buildup?? Is this wrong?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I made a thread here that I feel is a bit more new grower friendly.

Also using this free app on my phone so I don't have to use my PC spreadsheet anymore.

Clm307

Clm307

Day 8
Watered to runoff about 20%
ph6.2
Ec 450
Run off ec 850?? ....tomorrow I guess I’ll water with the same ec or slightly diluted to try and bring runoff ec back in an acceptable range? Anybody got any thoughts?

52F7E79C 6D22 4F15 BCFB E1420543C47C
F784778A EBB4 4CBA AE72 D9036550234F
1477DC87 3C31 4B13 BE3C 783D49BCCA07
43259B78 A156 4384 9ECC 47C7FE4FC87D
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Day 9
started to notice slight browning of the tips of 1st pictures seedling
Watered heavy with lower ec to get runoff ec in a closer range ,ph 6.3
Looking great man. I wouldn't worry about anything yet seedlings are temperamental little things. Just make sure they dry out well before watering. In those conditions prob like 4-5 days. The cups will feel like it has nothing but styrofoam. Remember the majority of roots are in peat pellets right now so still have to treat kinda like soil until up potted.

Here is a great article on coco for once you transplant. Easier if you just read then ask questions.

Clm307

Clm307

Looking great man. I wouldn't worry about anything yet seedlings are temperamental little things. Just make sure they dry out well before watering. In those conditions prob like 4-5 days. The cups will feel like it has nothing but styrofoam. Remember the majority of roots are in peat pellets right now so still have to treat kinda like soil until up potted.

Here is a great article on coco for once you transplant. Easier if you just read then ask questions.

Thanks man yeah that site is where I get all my in for coco

Top Bottom