My Second Harvest - Is it time to harvest

• Thread starter kwh5000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kwh5000

kwh5000

I know the general time to harvest based on trichromes and pistils but I have two plants that I know are close but not sure if ready to harvest. Could I get some friendly advice here?

Plant #1 (green short plant): looks ready to go to me. Lots of brown pistils up top but not as many brown ones down lower.

Plant #2 (purple beast): looks close to ready to me but looks to be sprouting a secondary wave of new pistils on the top bud. What does that mean?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance :-)

Plant2 03
Plant1 03
Plant1 02
Plant2 02
Plant2 01
Plant1 01
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Based on your images...No.

You need a better microscope though.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Those are autos? 100 days from sprout.

Couple more weeks and better magnification would be helpful.
Did he say 100 days from sprout?

Either way, you want to see them Trichs like this:

2021 11 12 19 28 11 130

Based on those little love sacks of clear to cloudy greatness is your decision. Of course you want to see about 70/30 cloudy/Amber trichs IMO.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That plant 3 pics down looks like it will be a joy to trim. I would consider not growing that one again.

You don't want to see any white stigmas. Other than that, there is no way to check the condition of your trichs with these pics.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Did he say 100 days from sprout?

Either way, you want to see them Trichs like this:

View attachment 1198471

Based on those little love sacks of clear to cloudy greatness is your decision. Of course you want to see about 70/30 cloudy/Amber trichs IMO.
Sorry, he did not - my reply was very unclear.

A good benchmark for autoflowers is 100 days sprout-to-harvest. Disregard breeder timelines and excited impatience. Some will go longer, some slightly less, but I always tell myself 100 days just so I’m not all amped to cut after 80.

growboy420

growboy420

I know the general time to harvest based on trichromes and pistils but I have two plants that I know are close but not sure if ready to harvest. Could I get some friendly advice here?

Plant #1 (green short plant): looks ready to go to me. Lots of brown pistils up top but not as many brown ones down lower.

Plant #2 (purple beast): looks close to ready to me but looks to be sprouting a secondary wave of new pistils on the top bud. What does that mean?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance :-)
Your plants look great ..but you need to get a bit more resolution and magnification for us to know..here's what I mean..Mine are still showing clear trichomes so probably two more weeks..the short one is likely an indica..so flowering should be around 8 week mark..depends what kind of high effect you are shooting for..clear to milky..mostly milky less than 20% amber gives you a head high energetic and fast thoughts..more milky no clear 35%-40%amber >>couch lock body stone...they look nice though!

IMG 20211231 180521
IMG 20211229 121638

Latest posts

Top Bottom