My seed sprouted but halted growth

• Thread starter Abdultj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hps4891

hps4891

Here's a picture of the seedling guys, it's has been like this for 2days, am starting to get worried that the seed is dead
I just thought...if mine are ever at that stage longer than I think they shud be, I give them a VERY CAREFUL mini massage, a pep talk, & touch the root to the paper towel. If I see any signs of pathogens (remember I check least 6x a day at this stage) then h2o2 mixture it is. I've had nearly 100% luck with that. I say nearly cuz some of the only ones that havent made it have been pretty old beans . I also have been known to take a scalpel & help them out but try that at your own risk bruh! If I go the scalpel route, I try not to cut the tegmen. (if u not sure what that is you can google seed anatomy its pretty cool).

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

I say nearly cuz some of the only ones that havent made it have been pretty old beans . I also have been known to take a scalpel & help them out but try that at your own risk bruh!

I got a e=mail telling me to do the same thing.... I should Not have to deal with that.................................................... I paid for something usable.................................................
here the thing I understand people need to make $$$$, But the price for Beams is crazy as it is, then to sale old stock just sucks, but it is what it is, at 1st they did say they would send me a few seeds, I had a order in my cart and I told them that I really didn't want the same seeds again....... but if they gave me a BIG Discount code I may buy what I had in the cart and give them 1 more time........................... Never hread back, but there giving away the beans now that I'm having problems with............

basscaptain

basscaptain

Here's a picture of the seedling guys, it's has been like this for 2days, am starting to get worried that the seed is dead
we got off track here sry bro, my 2 cents but that bitch in soil , mark the side with a X or something, get a few more beans going and JUST WAIT Bro it may go in time.......

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off u do not run autos the same as photos, as for germanateing an auto bean i put seed in pill bottle give a shake, put bean in warm water for 4 hours, then put bean between 2 paper towels keep moist but not wet in a warm dark spot, I = me pop my auto beans in 24 hours at that time the shell should be open and u can just see the white tap root emerging autos have much weaker root systems than photos so as soon as i see that white tap root in the pot it goes, i did this yesterday morning it has been 24 hours in the dirt late today it will star to emerge from the dirt by tomorrow the seedling will have completely poped from the dirt (day 1) i have been growing autos continually for over 8 years beacuse cultivation is illegal there fast and tend to smell less for less time but not allways, autos are allso bitchy fussy and notoriously easy to 🔥, they use much less nutrients allso, if your seeds are good you can get them in the dirt in 24 hours it may take 2 days for the seedling to emerge from the dirt but with autos u do not want to break the taproot as soon as u see it put it your bean in the dirt.

basscaptain

basscaptain

First off u do not run autos the same as photos, as for germanateing an auto bean i put seed in pill bottle give a shake, put bean in warm water for 4 hours, then put bean between 2 paper towels keep moist but not wet in a warm dark spot, I = me pop my auto beans in 24 hours at that time the shell should be open and u can just see the white tap root emerging autos have much weaker root systems than photos so as soon as i see that white tap root in the pot it goes, i did this yesterday morning it has been 24 hours in the dirt late today it will star to emerge from the dirt by tomorrow the seedling will have completely poped from the dirt (day 1) i have been growing autos continually for over 8 years beacuse cultivation is illegal there fast and tend to smell less for less time but not allways, autos are allso bitchy fussy and notoriously easy to 🔥, they use much less nutrients allso, if your seeds are good you can get them in the dirt in 24 hours it may take 2 days for the seedling to emerge from the dirt but with autos u do not want to break the taproot as soon as u see it put it your bean in the dirt.
I got a ? then on the auto's, if your beans pop within that 1st 4 hrs do you still go to PT for 20hr/next day???

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

No friend i think u misunderstood me, what i was telling u is that with auto beans as soon as the shell opens and you see the white tap root in the dirt it goes under a light, and yes all my seeds are ready for the pot after 24 hours of gemanation. This is a pic of gelato by sweet at week 7 and a seedling g poison at 21 days.

basscaptain

basscaptain

ok we do the same thing basically :) that's why I said put that bitch in soil........

hps4891

hps4891

I got a e=mail telling me to do the same thing.... I should Not have to deal with that.................................................... I paid for something usable.................................................
here the thing I understand people need to make $$$$, But the price for Beams is crazy as it is, then to sale old stock just sucks, but it is what it is, at 1st they did say they would send me a few seeds, I had a order in my cart and I told them that I really didn't want the same seeds again....... but if they gave me a BIG Discount code I may buy what I had in the cart and give them 1 more time........................... Never hread back, but there giving away the beans now that I'm having problems with............
I def agree bruh! The ones ive done "surgery" on have been OLD home bred beans. If i fely i had 2 do that with ordered seeds, id def b givin the company a call 1st!!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Order your beans from a reputable bank or breeder, your seeds should come in un opened breeder pacs, if your growing autoflowers i recommend either sweet seeds or methisto as they are very good autoflower breeders, and yea auto seeds are much more expensive than photo seeds $40 for 4 seeds = $10 a bean thats a fair price for a good breeder methisto is a bit more cash but autoflowers is all they sell, some new banks are popping up with outrageous prices and if you order over seas your paying outrageous shipping fees and getting your beans in a pen, so u need to pick someone and stick with them, but if anyone but mdanzig is asking $20 or more for an auto bean u r being ripped off.

Top Bottom