My Seedlings Hit A 101 Degrees Today!

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

but they look perky and nice still.. how is this possible.. I see everyone talking about don't let them go above 85 degrees or they'll wilt and die. they didn't. can anyone answer me why there's all these people that say don't let it go above this or that temp.

and i.it was measuring my soil temps with a probe and hydrofarm seedling mat thermometer. had a full 440 cfm fan exhausting air from the top right. lot of neg pressure and a small clip fan blowing right on the seedlings. but the therm still read 101 bought an inch deep into the soil. under a 6 bulb t5.

will they wilt and die tomorrow it's cooler now like 90s but they ain't even flinching.. it seems.

just trying to understand this?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
but they look perky and nice still.. how is this possible.. I see everyone talking about don't let them go above 85 degrees or they'll wilt and die. they didn't. can anyone answer me why there's all these people that say don't let it go above this or that temp.

and i.it was measuring my soil temps with a probe and hydrofarm seedling mat thermometer. had a full 440 cfm fan exhausting air from the top right. lot of neg pressure and a small clip fan blowing right on the seedlings. but the therm still read 101 bought an inch deep into the soil. under a 6 bulb t5.

will they wilt and die tomorrow it's cooler now like 90s but they ain't even flinching.. it seems.

just trying to understand this?
Probably because these people dont know its a weed and it grows in the desert hahaha only key when temps get too hot is air exchange... getting fresh co2 to the area and get the old stuff out.

william76

william76

Seedlings can take real hot and cold temps,try it with flowering plants then ull see! The odd one may be ok but most will burn or hermie!my temps are hitting 100 occasionaly too,im having to use a hothouse product called chill and even with that the odd plants showing heat stress,if u can get ur temps 90 or below ur golden!76

william76

william76

Yea,up to a certain point,thats why normaly i run it a little hotter,85/90, u get explosive growth etc,just hav to be careful.76

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Plants wont grow very fast if atall at high temps.
Same with cooler temps.its just finding that balance were your plant runs at optimum.
I use celcius to measure the temps and iv found for optimum growth in veg that my plants grow fastest at about 28 degrees celcius and wen my medium is pretty dry.
i know this isnt about temps but iv found many times iv been away from my grow room a day or so later than i woulda liked to have been to giv water that wen im going in im expecting drooping plants and shit only to find the extra time in the drier medium has made em explode in growth big time.thats why some coco growers use smaller pots with more frequent waterings-just so theyr plants are in that sweet spot of moisture/dryness just b4 u water more often to get that faster growth.i think its gotta be the extra oxygen the medium holds wen dryer that makes the growth explode like that.if u could keep a plant at that level of moisture permanantly youd be jammin but its damn near impossible to do it and get the medium evenly moist without it getting wetter than is optimum.obviously better drainage helps.

bankcee

bankcee

these are them at two weeks! I think they're growing fast and healthy they are working on their third set of leaves and internodes spacing already looks likes it's gonna be good on all of them. it's starting good. I have one super citrus haze that was a freebie that I threw down and I think I'm gonna toss that one it's growing funky and idk if it the heat cause it was the last to sprout and at that point conditions were near perfect..

IMG 5561
IMG 5557

bankcee

bankcee

Probably because these people dont know its a weed and it grows in the desert hahaha only key when temps get too hot is air exchange... getting fresh co2 to the area and get the old stuff out.

then it a good thing I thought that immediately. I put my fan to full power. 440 cfm for a 4x4 tent was crazy neg pressure.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would let the haze Grow! Some strains start slower than others and some like it hotter than others. Variety is the spice of life. Why else would there be an entire aisle devoted to salad dressing?

U

ugmjfarmer

Is it hot AND dry? Perhaps explore an evaporative cooler for your veg area? If you need to bring the temps down AND increase humidity this is the best way.

I'm running 80-84F and 70-80% RH. The only way I was able to do this was to decrease my light wattage in the 2x4 tent, and then add humidity. If I needed extra cooling however I would explore and evap cooler as it would push in cold moist air. I'm running 80-84F and 70-80% RH and it has really transformed my plant growth. Everything is doubling in size every 12 hours. Bringing up the humidity is never a bad thing as it brings you into the VPD target range; so the seedlings will thank you with less stress by growing exceptionally fast.

There is a wonderful DIY guide around using a 5 gal bucket, 2 gallons of water and a 6" vent hole. In the case of my tent, a 6" duct booster would be all that I would need and I could pull the air from the 6" duct as I suck the air out with the 6" carbon filter/fan combo. Seal up all the vent holes and my tent is pretty air tight, so that way when the fan does need to kick on the air being brought in is not too dry as well. Lights tend to suck the humidity right out of the air. I have to run a humidifier anyways, so if I DO have to go back to a 400w air drier I will certainly build myself a bucket evap cooler and I'm sure it will get the job done.

Top Bottom