My seedlings keep dying & not growing

• Thread starter Shneex0338
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd just like to show my setup real quick, there's nothing wrong, or? Don't mind the huge pot with the tiny seedling, it's an auto and it seems to do just fine, besides the fact that it still became a noodle with 300+ PPFD. The one in the smaller fabric pot is my now transplanted slow seedling. I bit the bullet and turned it upside down, carefully took the pot off, to check the soil. Roots were okay, several big white roots around the sides, some coming out the bottom. But the soil was VERY moist to say the least, from top to bottom. I then transplanted it into pre-saturated BioBizz Light Mix (Just almost moist, maybe 10% water content to get it started, water won't come out if I squeeze it), in hopes that it'll suck up tons of the moisture from the smaller pot now, so it evens out with the substrate being able to breathe again. I have an emergency seed ready in the tiny pot with the plastic dome, but it's more of an experimental substrate with 60% Light Mix (It already has 30% perlite), and 40% extra perlite. Just insanely airy substrate, my gutfeeling told me it's the correct decision for me right now.

I pretty much have every Biobizz product I could get my hands on, besides the microbes bottle. It's 70 bucks for 150ml, and that's.. a lot for me. Way too much to be honest. But I think it's only needed in normal soil, or? If I want to "revive" some noname product without any microbes in it. Otherwise I have every product of their line available.
You need to stop!
Take a big breath of fresh air. When your head stops spinning, consider educating yourself on how the natural food web works. Biobuzz is an organic system for growing cannabis. And I must say it's over the top crazy expensive. Unfortunately without the microbes it simply will not work. You can go out in your back yard, collect some garden soil and make your own microbe solution for about 10 cents.

Conventional liquid fertilizers are designed to side step the natural food web in the soil and feed the plant directly. An organic system like Biobizz is designed to feed the soil microbial life (Soil Microbes) and in turn the life in the soil produce the nutrients the plant needs to grow. This is why I sent you the video on how to make the seedling juices.. Your going to have to figure this one out or use a simple fertilizer like Hardware store Pro-Mix or other fertilizer designed for growing cannabis.
Promix 2   Copy

Or
Bloom

This is only one part of the solution. You will need to start taking advice from people that have some understanding of what is
actually going on. Stop over watering. There are a lot of guys spending a lot of time and energy trying to help you and you keep coming up with some BS reason to side step what we are telling you when in fact you don't have a clue what your talking about. Maybe you should invest in some study time. Then have another go at growing.

S

sinse

I use happy frog soil, keep my humidity at 70% and 75 to 80 F TEMP
View attachment 2036002

So.. My auto seedling is now doing the exact same thing. I'm slowly losing my mind. It was the seedling I left untouched, because it was just a freebie and I felt like "whatever, let's just ignore it and let it do its thing". The leaves were completely green 2 days ago, but now they slowly yellow, with the new growth having that yellow hue, too. I know that new growth is usually lighter in color, yes yes I know, but these are the exact same symptoms that my other plant has. Substrate is the same, BioBizz Light Mix, slightly wet around 2 inches down, but not moist. I only pre-moistened the soil before using it, as recommended by BioBizz, to activate it. It sprouted on the 3rd of September, so around 4 days ago. Yesterday there was some slight yellowing, but I felt like it was just my imagination. Now it's the yellowing I'm cursed with. Temps are wonderful (78-80°F), humidity is wonderful (65-75%), why is this one now showing the same symptoms? I didn't water it yet, I didn't use nutrients, nothing, as the substrate apparently has enough for 2 weeks of growth.

I have some trauma from my first 2 autos that literally completely died because of these symptoms around 2 months ago, as these exact problems began with those 2 plants back when they got into early flower. They were as HEALTHY as they can be, even though they had the same watering practices that I used in my current plants (which now die as seedlings). The only problems these autos had in the veg state were some pests, but I killed them all real quick.

Here are my old autoflowers that died in early flowering, this is where it all began with my horror trip:

View attachment 2036005View attachment 2036006View attachment 2036007
View attachment 2036002

So.. My auto seedling is now doing the exact same thing. I'm slowly losing my mind. It was the seedling I left untouched, because it was just a freebie and I felt like "whatever, let's just ignore it and let it do its thing". The leaves were completely green 2 days ago, but now they slowly yellow, with the new growth having that yellow hue, too. I know that new growth is usually lighter in color, yes yes I know, but these are the exact same symptoms that my other plant has. Substrate is the same, BioBizz Light Mix, slightly wet around 2 inches down, but not moist. I only pre-moistened the soil before using it, as recommended by BioBizz, to activate it. It sprouted on the 3rd of September, so around 4 days ago. Yesterday there was some slight yellowing, but I felt like it was just my imagination. Now it's the yellowing I'm cursed with. Temps are wonderful (78-80°F), humidity is wonderful (65-75%), why is this one now showing the same symptoms? I didn't water it yet, I didn't use nutrients, nothing, as the substrate apparently has enough for 2 weeks of growth.

I have some trauma from my first 2 autos that literally completely died because of these symptoms around 2 months ago, as these exact problems began with those 2 plants back when they got into early flower. They were as HEALTHY as they can be, even though they had the same watering practices that I used in my current plants (which now die as seedlings). The only problems these autos had in the veg state were some pests, but I killed them all real quick.

Here are my old autoflowers that died in early flowering, this is where it all began with my horror trip:

View attachment 2036005View attachment 2036006View attachment 2036007

Something isnt adding up here, your plants look pretty dam good in the second picture--I'd say your on your way at this point and your plant should be exploding.

I cant really help beyond this, maybe a pest (aphids) that your not aware of? Your flower picture looks like the plant is either starving or locked out.

Sandokan

Sandokan

I would try to rise your ambient temperature and keep RH in check with VPD. Yours 77F seems to be too low for LED, it is necessary to help the plant with proper transpiration. And if your RH is 75% thats kinda guaranteed they have nutrient uptake issues. You have not experienced this with HPS since you are basicaly concerning about cooling things down rather than heat them up like its with LED. A lot of growers are than just chasing their tales whats going on. Yeah the Wallet feels the pain thats for sure but there are no shortcuts to this. HPS puts out a lot of radiation which heats up leaves, we have to supplement that with LED because they do not radiate enough to heat them up. Thats when leaf surface temperature comes to game. Wish you all the luck to get the thing figured out.

A

Aligoodtime

Buy yourself some plant magic old timer ( organic liquid nutrient ) , great white ( micros for roots ) and some molasses ( to feed the microbes) and some ca/mag
Dissolve half a teaspoon of great white in 2 ltrs of spring water ( distilled , chlorine free) with 2 ml of PL old timer and just make sure the ph is somewhere between 6-6.9
If it’s a seedling water with a shot glass as that should be plenty in a 1 ltr pot/cup and increase accordingly as plant grows.
The great white will give you the microbes you need and the PL will feed them till the microbes and soil kick in. That flowering plant looks totally starved ! What are your tap water readings ? And after it’s sat 24/48 hours ?as a high chlorine and PPM count could be killing any good things you got going on in your soil! Just a thought
Good luck and hope this helps

Top Bottom