my single, multiple bucket RDWC Maui Blue Dream grow journal

• Thread starter ken dog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I believe you... I think the roots exfoliator gives a fighting chance with the Current Culture system... As well as having the water chilled below 65 degrees Fahrenheit

Caps root pak was very helpful for me, but these are the essential conditions to achieve first;
1. Water at 66F or below.
2. Well oxygenated- IME, this means a waterfall (hose above waterline, creating splash) in addition to airstones
3. Buckets must be dark inside, and it helps if they're insulated from the light sources
4. Be sure your RDWC circulates well- no clogs, no dead ends (I've seen it a lot when people get 'creative' lol), don't let anything get stale or stagnant- this includes reservoirs of water or nutes. Never mix sterilized water with beneficial mixes, yadda yadda
5. EC and pH on point, don't let either get too far off.

ken dog

ken dog

here's an update... I set her free and took her out of the tent.
remember, I took her out of the clone machine on the 5th of September, 25 days ago
20130930 071300 2

Thelbsnowman

Thelbsnowman

She's looking really good! How tall is that; 2-3 feet already?

ken dog

ken dog

update...

I changed the 240 watt LED light over to a 300 watt LED.

not only that, the light is more red than the other.

check it out... I think it looks about right.
20131004 070427
20131004 070438
20131004 070523

Thelbsnowman

Thelbsnowman

Now this red light will still be for your veg? Then HPS or MH for your bloom? Oh btw how high is your light from your tops?

ken dog

ken dog

this light will be for bloom only.. its sits right around 12 inches from the top of the canopy.

it is the tri band Mothership from HTG supply... It is older technology.

I use two blue UFO 110 watt LEDs for veg, & I also use my 240 watt 7 band Super Veg LED from HTG Supply for both bloom and veg.

I only use LED's.

just to clarify, I just changed over from the 240 watt 7 band Super Veg LED, to the 300 watt tri band LED Mothership.

I'm hoping that the 60 watt increase will yield at least two more ounces than it would with the other light... at 30 days old, it is looking promising.:)

ken dog

ken dog

this morning I raised my light up from 12 inches to 18 inches above the top of the canopy.

I think I will benefit from a larger footprint, even though I reduced the intensity of the light by half... as light intensity follows the inverse square law.

here's some pics.
20131005 080843
20131005 0803170

Thelbsnowman

Thelbsnowman

I'm growing with an LED very similar to the one you have. The guy I bought it off of claimed it was 600w but I can't tell. I also added two cfl's to my room as well. I'm starting to see the transition from white hairs to orange. I'm getting to excited cause this is my first grow!!

Thelbsnowman

Thelbsnowman

Are you going to cut off all the leaves and what not under your net?

ken dog

ken dog

EC holding at 1.0...pH at 5 .9... nutrient temperature 65 degrees Fahrenheit

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

Lookin good brothA.
Always been curious about those l.e.d lamps. Im pullin up a chair.
have you thought of running all three of your l.e.d lamps over this beast??

ken dog

ken dog

Lookin good brothA.
Always been curious about those l.e.d lamps. Im pullin up a chair.
have you thought of running all three of your l.e.d lamps over this beast??

Thanks,
yeah, I was thinking about it, but I wanted to see what I could do with 300 watts.

besides, I'm going to need my other lights for the Current Culture 8 XL set up that I just bought.:)

I'm planning on putting a 240 watt LED over each plant... But that's for another grow thread.:)
20131012 121639

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

Thanks,
yeah, I was thinking about it, but I wanted to see what I could do with 300 watts.

besides, I'm going to need my other lights for the Current Culture 8 XL set up that I just bought.:)

I'm planning on putting a 240 watt LED over each plant... But that's for another growth thread.:)
AWESOME!
start another thread for it!
Undercurrent kicks ass.good luck,ill be peepin in to see the progress to

peace

ken dog

ken dog

thanks for the well wishes:)

I got all the upgrades, so I could eventually expand to 12 buckets, no problem.
this is the system that inspired this grow thread, and the construction and internal design of the buckets

Top Bottom