two Tbsp prilled lime
two Tbsp powder lime
one Tbsp ground oyster shell
five Tbsp 5-5-5 dry
four Tbsp green sand
five Tbsp kelp meal
one Tbsp soft rock phosphate
one Tbsp rock dust

mix well..wet it..let it set for two to three weeks..this is what I refer to as cooking....not in an oven...will post recycle recipe later today hopefully..hope this helps someone

D

dilligaf

dilligaf

when I harvest I put used soil in plastic tote up to half full..add one tablespoon biozome to a quart of water and wet it down..let it set a few weeks...this helps break down the old unused nutes in the soil and breaking down the roots

additives to recycle the above used soil per gallon

T equals tablespoon
t equals teaspoon

kelp meal 1T
blood meal 2t
bone meal 1T
dolomite powdered 2T
dolomite prilled 3T
hi N bat guano 1T
hi P bird or bat guano 2t
3-8-8 dry bulb(happy. frog) 1T
alfalfa meal 1T
green sand 1T
gypsum powdered 1T
gypsum prilled 2T
worm casting 1 cup
perlite 2 cups
coir 2 cups
humic acid ore 1T
raw. Rice 1T
5-5-5 dry all purpose (happy frog) 1T
feather meal 2T
oyster shell ground 1T
oyster shell crushed 3T
powdered rock dust 1t
soft rock phosphate powdered 2t
rock phosphate granular 1T
mix well..wet it and let it sit for three weeks

hope this helps someone

dilligaf

dilligaf

only have phone to get on here and I don't know how to post pics from phone if I had any

dilligaf

dilligaf

I forgot to mention that these are recipes created by rev...i grow using the blind faith approach...i follow the recipes as closely as possible...i don't know how to check ph...never done it...spent $90 on soil ph meter that never worked...made it through first grow without it so I haven't looked back...not saying I recommend not checking it...i would not know what to do with that info if I had it anyway

d

M

motz

I have ONE of Rev's recipes for recycling,I don't remember it being that complicated?

dilligaf

dilligaf

I would love to see one of his simpler recycle recipes..post it if you want to...following his guidelines can sometimes get expensive

dilligaf

dilligaf

a mellow mix I use for seedlings

one part used soil
one part worm casting
one part compost
two parts perlite
green sand @1 tbsp per gallon of mix

this used soil did not get any ammendments...just biozome and water a month before

dilligaf

dilligaf

my latest recycle

ten gallons used soil
kelp meal ....10T
bone meal...10T
blood meal...10t
mex bat...40t
dolomite powder...10T
dolomite prilled...20T
Jamaican bat...20t
3-8-8 bulb...10T
alfalfa meal...10T
green sand...10T
gypsum powder...10T
gypsum prilled...20T
raw rice...10T
organicare pure 6-6-5...10T
crushed oyster shells...20T
ground oyster shells...10T
glacial rock dust...10t
rock phosphate powder...10t
rock phosphate prilled...20t
worm castings...10c
ancient Forrest compost...10c
chunky coir...10c
perlite...30c
cow manure...4c
biozome...2T

wet it and cook it-( let it set not put in oven)

will be running diesel Ryder and romulan in this mix when ready

Dunge

Dunge

two Tbsp prilled lime
two Tbsp powder lime
one Tbsp ground oyster shell
Are not these three forms of the same CaCO3?
Otherwise it looks much like my mix only I use ProMix rather than a formulated soil.
Ocean Forest is great, but another redundancy.

And that 5x5x5?
If this refers to the prilled salts, I'd leave them out too as "not needed".

Short rant about "cooking".
I believe this is a confusion from compost cooking, which is a real thing.
In cool soil, waiting should be called a "rest" and may serve some purpose, but I can't see what, other than allowing the microbial community to come to a new equilibrium.

As to the refurb question.
I too "shoot in the dark" on this subject, but I feel that testing and amending accordingly will be required after a few cycles.

I'm a big fan of super soil.
Thanks for posting.

dilligaf

dilligaf

the 5-5-5 is npk...the cooking or resting is indeed for micro life benifit...and I use multiple sources of calcium...like a buffet...you would not want to eat same every day..same with plants

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But Dunge is correct, all of those sources are the same form of Ca (and a difficult form for plants and microbes to get at, at that)--CaCO3, which is calcium carbonate. Perhaps you might want to consider using CalPhos and gypsum along with, see what happens.

Dunge

Dunge

My question about the 5-5-5 is, why?
Your soil is otherwise organic, and if the plant is not deficient, then it offers no advantage.
I see a side by side grow in your future.
Please?

dilligaf

dilligaf

But Dunge is correct, all of those sources are the same form of Ca (and a difficult form for plants and microbes to get at, at that)--CaCO3, which is calcium carbonate. Perhaps you might want to consider using CalPhos and gypsum along with, see what happens.

I do have gypsum in the recycle recipe

dilligaf

dilligaf

My question about the 5-5-5 is, why?
Your soil is otherwise organic, and if the plant is not deficient, then it offers no advantage.
I see a side by side grow in your future.
Please?

the triple 5 is a dry organic feet...i use ff peace of mind line or ff happy frog line...since I don't check ph I follow one of revs recipes using blind faith...it has worked for me so far

Dunge

Dunge

the triple 5 is a dry organic feet...i use ff peace of mind line or ff happy frog line...since I don't check ph I follow one of revs recipes using blind faith...it has worked for me so far
Great!
I find myself proselytizing for simplicity only because each additional variable expands the solution set (perfect super soil) geometrically.
So, grow, measure, report, repeat.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Im trying to make my soil not only alive and thriving with fungi/myco's but I also have it thriving with earthworms....live actual (doin work in the soil as the plant grows) earthworms usually 8-10 per 10 gallon or bigger smartpot. Ive been experimenting with this most recently.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dunge

Dunge

Im trying to make my soil not only alive and thriving with fungi/myco's but I also have it thriving with earthworms....live actual (doin work in the soil as the plant grows) earthworms usually 8-10 per 10 gallon or bigger smartpot. Ive been experimenting with this most recently.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Me too!
Worms are the shit. Really, the shit.

dilligaf

dilligaf

in my base mix or recycle mix NEVER put roots or seeds directly in this soil...always use mild buffer layer

dilligaf

dilligaf

just trying to upload a pic here ...
didn't work...phone won't let me browse to select pic

Top Bottom