My Stem split help please

• Thread starter Natestephens1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Natestephens1

So yesterday my stock split just wondering if the tape job I did will hold it together nothing on the plant looks sad it was just split by the time I got home from work.
Anything helps lol noobie grower everything I read said tape it up and it should heal. We’ll see I guess

My stem split help please
My stem split help please 2
My stem split help please 3
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
As long as you tied her up good you should be ok I’ve done this many, many times and most times the plant has barely noticed if I taped it up quick

Besides that you did the best you can do to fix it IMO

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Only other thing you can do is to support each side a bit so weight or wind dosent cause more damage, I’ve used electrical wire and put basically a splint on the plant that straddles over the split and ties to each side

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I use zip strips, works great.

P

Putthataway

I think you should put a temp longer bandaid / bandage tie the two together to get the wound to heal. Keep the top bandage on until your initial repair heals. Then take off the top tape off. Inspect from there the wound and need for additional bandages.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

Is that where you topped? Never top right at the node, leave a little bit of stem above your last node and it won't split like that.

Top Bottom