My very exciting first grow.

• Thread starter LittleSticks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleSticks

LittleSticks

I am trying to find my green thumb. This is my first grow and I could not be more excited. I am growing outside in a "greenhouse." I put that in quotes because it is more of a shelter. I built it to keep out prying eyes. I have slight concerns about its ability to absorb light because in my search to find roof and siding to make it hard to see in, I'm afraid they will block too much light that my ladies will need. It also does get very hot where I live so I am hoping to strike a balance between keeping it cool in their house and letting them get enough precious sun light. This is my first try at growing ever so as much as i hope this goes well it is definitely a wait and see scenario.

My plants are healthy and seem to be doing good in their new home but I want them to get what they need.

These are my ladies and their house on 5/2.

Tahoe
My very exciting first grow

Hindu Skunk x Stardawg
My very exciting first grow 2

White Dawg x Fire OG
My very exciting first grow 3
My very exciting first grow 4

S

ssteely71

Welcome to the farm. Good luck on your grow. I'm curious about the picture. Are those your neighbors houses behind the greenhouse ? In flower those ladies will be putting out some smell that could easily be smelt from just on the other side of that fence. Those are dank strains. Have you lived there long ? A sudden interest in greenhouse growing + your new laws could cause nosey neighbors to take a peek. I'm being critical for your benefit. Maybe sprucing up the surrounding yard with some landscape. Maybe a few bushes or flower patches. Some tomatoes. A small veggie plot maybe? I would be concerned with security. Beyond that. Looks good. Be proactive about pests. Even a few drops(3-4) of dish-soap per gallon of pH'd water used as a foliar spray every 3 days is better than nothing and super cheap. Just spray during low light. Best of luck !

LittleSticks

LittleSticks

Yes, those are a few town homes behind me. The photo is deceiving because they can't see in the green house from their windows although it looks like they have front row seats. I have been here since September.
I know exactly what you mean and I'm sure my neighbors will probably smell them and are fairly positive what I am doing. I have talked with most of my immediate neighbors to let them know. The attitude in colorado has really shifted. People have really been open to the new laws and I went out on a limb by letting them know what I was up to and they were just appreciative of me being straight forward. Most of them are older and I would be very surprised if they could even get over the fence. LOL. I appreciate your concern and thank for the tips!

The Dish soap is harmless to the plants and it kills the larva?
What exactly is foliar spray?

I also built these for the wife.
10303815 10203981047952222 5068388352517350753 n

S

ssteely71

Foliar spray is anything that you spray on the leaves. And the mild dish soap solution listed above will not hurt your plants UNLESS you use it in full light then it can burn your leaves.
Keep researching. The amount of knowledge here is undeniable. BTW. I consider myself a novice grower at best.

Good luck with your neighbors.

Is that a pair of jeans walking around? Lol

LittleSticks

LittleSticks

Half of a scare crow. I'm hoping he will keep the creepers away!

Jdub1

Jdub1

Goodluck on your grow! Everything looks like it's off to a good start! Curious about how many hour's of light you are getting there right now? I'm assuming those are clones.. I know without supplemental lighting mine would go into flower this early in the year.

Jdub1

Jdub1

Sound's like ya got it under control, good luck on your grow!

LittleSticks

LittleSticks

Thanks man! For all the different forums I have been on this one spreads the love! I have yet to come across a hater yet.
I feel very welcome and comfortable to ask stupid questions and put my self out there. It's not very often that you get that on this troll hole called the internet.

Jdub1

Jdub1

Thanks man! For all the different forums I have been on this one spreads the love! I have yet to come across a hater yet.
I feel very welcome and comfortable to ask stupid questions and put my self out there. It's not very often that you get that on this troll hole called the internet.
There is never a stupid question in my book! Lot's of good info and people here! If u ever have more hit me up, and welcome to the farm; )

S

Smoody

Welcome. Man I'm little confused. U put the greenhouse under tree at shadow? In same time you build wife's garden at sunny place. I don't know, its ur bussines, but for me this is fail project with this dark greenhouse. See what the sun do and don't curse me :D I just hope to understand what I'm saying and mean: SUN IS EVERYTHING. Good luck

greenthumb

greenthumb

Hello LittleSticks, I do have a suggestion if I may.......IMHO, would be better to cover your greenhouse with white instead of dark green. **It would let more light in, yet less heat** (and it would blend better with the rest of the landscape too).

LittleSticks

LittleSticks

I know..... This covering wasn't my first choice, I got it due to lack of funds and options. I was trying to find a clear with the fibers weaved in it (to keep the contents from being seen) but I couldn't find any in my price range. I definitely underestimated how much good greenhouse covering costs. I think you would be surprised at how much light actually gets through, but next summer it will most likely get recovered. This year is a trial for me in a lot of respects. I'm mostly afraid that it gonna get me so hooked that I set up indoors for year round cultivation. :woot:
Thanks for your thoughts but I'm stuck with what I've got for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom