My water seems to be a lil to warm? How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Budds Bunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budds Bunny

So my set up is doing well but I checked my water temp today and it was Luke warm and def warmer than I know it should be. I was told to buy a water chiller but am not sure how this will cost or where to get one or how it works? Any othe options or any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance

deacon1503

deacon1503

What kind of system are u running? Regardless, luke warm water is not good, mainly bc baddies like the warmth but we don't like baddies in our nute solution.

Sounds like a chiller is a must for u. The size will depend on how many gallons u need to cool and how much temp pull down u actually need. Most brands start at 1/10 hp and go up from there but remember to always get the next size larger than u need. There are alot of manufacturers of quality chillers. If u have a smaller garden, an activeaqua (hydrofarm) or ecoplus (sunlight supply) should work fine and those are available at any good grow store. For bigger gardens, or with those with deeper pockets, JBJ and chillking are tops in my book. Don't forget ull need a pump too.

Good luck!

jammie

jammie

if your doing hydro, throw a couple of plastic bottles of frozen water in your rez, remember to stir occasionally, re-freeze when they thaw

B

Budds Bunny

I am running dwc system. (edit) it is pretty small garden. 6 plants in 5 gallon buckets

I was told that ice packs in my buckets could freeze my roots and could kill my girls

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if the water is luke warm they will melt quick and not freeze anything but will take ur water temps down a few degree's until u can get the chiller.

convex

convex

What size containers?
Stand alone dwc or is their a remote rez?

A few more details will help.

Cheers

B

Budds Bunny

What size containers?
Stand alone dwc or is their a remote rez?

A few more details will help.

Cheers

I'm really not sure what ya meant by this I do not know my terms to well.

Here are some pix of my set up maybe it will help

http://i107.invalid.com/albums/m307/trainwreckkennels/2cd99131.jpg

http://i107.invalid.com/albums/m307/trainwreckkennels/87f664ae.jpg

convex

convex

Well ... if it was a standalone 5 gallon bubble bucket I would have said the inexpensive little aquarium chiller probe might suffice but now I see you are working with about 40 gallons, a small external chiller and pump are needed. :)

Cheers

B

Budds Bunny

I forgot to mention I plan to connect my 2 last buckets and my 2 feeders to have it all connected as one

convex

convex

Do you know where I could one of these

At the risk of sounding like a redundant dick, a little more info would be helpful ;)

I could tell you where you might pick one up within a hundred kilometers of myself, but might not help you.

With a rough locale someone close to you may be able to help steer you to a source.

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom