My Weed Growing Operation in a hybrid soil/pertlite system

• Thread starter hilbert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Oh, hey bro. What I do is I yell at the fucking emitters every couple weeks, disassemble a couple and blow all the nasty gunk out. Sometimes I have to hit the bubbler as well. But the REAL fucking culprit is these little plastic "T" barb thingies that you use to split the feed lines. Those damn things are a gigantic pain my my butthole.

I will probably replace them with the copper aquarium fittings.

I clean out everything between runs. Basically soak the whole thing in the bathtub and give them a good cleaning. Pisses off the wife but it keeps the pumps running.
hahaha! I know this level of complaint… its true love of your hobbie : ) the amazing and not so amazing all in one. Also the level of your effort is well worth your end yield. Thanks for the reply! Take care.

H

hilbert

Today is Day 40 from 12/12.
30"x60" (F40)
PXL 20240127 140815345
PXL 20240127 140828804

I will say that the air pots seem to have produced bigger plants but the I don't know that I can say that FOR SURE because all of the plants are different. Anyway, Blue Gelato #41 are the left and middle. Both from clones. Super Silver Haze as a freebie on the right from unknown breeder. Looking pretty good. Early color I think is from some REALLY cold days I had a week or so ago.

48"x48" (F40)
PXL 20240127 140905332
PXL 20240127 140913597

Left two are Cherry Gar See Ya, middle two are Gorilla Zkittlez and the right two are from seed and are Mandarin Cookies X Ethos Haze. Couple budshots here.

Gorilla Zkittlez

PXL 20240127 140947391

Mandarin Cookies x Ethos Haze

PXL 20240127 141012698

60"x60"
PXL 20240127 141131103MP
PXL 20240127 141050919MP

Couple shots of the 5x5. mix of stuff. Really took off. This tent is on 10th day since flip so F10. The middle front and middle middle are Frostette. The front right and middle right are Snowdrift. Back monster is a Blue Dream from seed. Freebie of unknown origin.

PXL 20240127 141015432
H

hilbert

Mini update on local seed interests...

Grape Cream Cake x Okie on left and Tokyo Snow x Okie on right. Lost track of my 5 gallons on repotting day so the Snowdrift on the right is running a little bit shorter.

PXL 20240131 144603364

Top shot of the Snowdrift
PXL 20240131 144622389

And a couple bud shots and a quick question if Trust happens by...is early purps in your Tokyo Snow x Okie a trait you have come to expect from this cross???
PXL 20240131 144331362
PXL 20240131 144421923

These ladies are on day 13 of 12/12. Looking pretty good!

PXL 20240131 144310661
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Mini update on local seed interests...

Grape Cream Cake x Okie on left and Tokyo Snow x Okie on right. Lost track of my 5 gallons on repotting day so the Snowdrift on the right is running a little bit shorter.

View attachment 2112211

Top shot of the Snowdrift
View attachment 2112210

And a couple bud shots and a quick question if Trust happens by...is early purps in your Tokyo Snow x Okie a trait you have come to expect from this cross???
View attachment 2112213View attachment 2112212

These ladies are on day 13 of 12/12. Looking pretty good!
Only thing missing…..

More cowbell! Nice plants you have there homie!

Newty

Newty

I seen earlier in the thread that you are using a plastic tub for a reservoir. I did this for awhile but ended up buying a collapsible rain barrel, they have a water drain right at the bottom. Not expensive either 53 gallon is $44 and the 100 gallon $53.
I know some other companies that sell irrigation kits and rain barrels but call them reservoirs and charge twice as much.

You could also check garges or marinas, or rv shops and see if they have any of the 50 gallon blue plastic drums empty they will sell you cheap.
Screenshot 20240224 133149 Samsung Internet

H

hilbert

Beautiful work! Frost should start piling on now!
Now! IT ALREADY IS!
I seen earlier in the thread that you are using a plastic tub for a reservoir.
Yeah, I don't actually store any water in those, except for the one time I had to go out of town during a watering. I usually just mix the nutrients and then fill the bins and turn on the pumps. Probably not enough time to leach plastic into the water. I have looked at those collapsible rainbarels but I can just imagine how cold the dog house would be if one of those sprung a leak in the basement and my wife got ahold of me

Newty

Newty

Yeah, I don't actually store any water in those, except for the one time I had to go out of town during a watering. I usually just mix the nutrients and then fill the bins and turn on the pumps. Probably not enough time to leach plastic into the water. I have looked at those collapsible rainbarels but I can just imagine how cold the dog house would be if one of those sprung a leak in the basement and my wife got ahold of me
Yeah that would definitely suck, 50-100 gallons of water everywhere lol.

I clogged my drip system using the wrong nutrients so I'm just hand watering for this grow. It is of course a little more time consuming measuring out nutes for each plant and filling separate watering cans but I much prefer hand watering. I know my tent is open more this way but it gives me more time to see what my plants are doing from all angles, I like spending time talking and interacting with my plants and I like to think they enjoy my company.

H

hilbert

Yeah that would definitely suck, 50-100 gallons of water everywhere lol.

I clogged my drip system using the wrong nutrients so I'm just hand watering for this grow. It is of course a little more time consuming measuring out nutes for each plant and filling separate watering cans but I much prefer hand watering. I know my tent is open more this way but it gives me more time to see what my plants are doing from all angles, I like spending time talking and interacting with my plants and I like to think they enjoy my company.
So I invested into this Floraflex system. Then I had my eye on those root trimming pots. So I got those. And now my pots are just SLIGHTLY too big so the little pokey nipples on the sides drip and miss the Floraflex drain platforms. I know from experience that this will reduce by a LOT once the roots take over but I just reset the 4x4 with a bunch of clones of the above phenos and made a huge mess on my initial watering...grrr.

What drippers are you using? Gonna run my 4x4 with the Matrix system again.

Newty

Newty

What drippers are you using? Gonna run my 4x4 with the Matrix system again.
I was just using the drip system that came with the 3 gallon kit from The Bucket Company. They worked well for my first couple grows using it, it was my fault they clogged.

Idk if I'm going to use The Bucket Company drip system anymore though, the buckets I like but I think I want to go to a Netafim system with the 5" Netbow irrigation drip rings.

H

hilbert

I was just using the drip system that came with the 3 gallon kit from The Bucket Company. They worked well for my first couple grows using it, it was my fault they clogged.

Idk if I'm going to use The Bucket Company drip system anymore though, the buckets I like but I think I want to go to a Netafim system with the 5" Netbow irrigation drip rings.
I feel like I will be trying all the things forever and it will never be perfect...

Newty

Newty

I feel like I will be trying all the things forever and it will never be perfect...
I think it's just more about getting it where you like it and feeling comfortable and confident in you're decisions. Reality is, there's so many different ways to grow and so many variables it's hard to find an idea and say this is the best I could of done. We just need to be happy with our choices and the outcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom