my weed has no aroma /please help me

• Thread starter Bambus420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bambus420

Bambus420

Hello friends 🤚

my english is unfortunately not that good, but I apologize in advance. i have a problem and that is, my flowers never smell intense. i have already finished 6 grows with around 15 different strains. Including many skunk varieties, but always only a weak aroma. i have tried many fertilizers and soils (always organic) different water, different watering methods, soil improved with perlite. My temperature is always around a maximum of 24 degrees and never below 20. I have optimal conditions everywhere but my weed never develops an intense odor. It has a strong effect, but no aroma ...

I hope you can help me

RGconsulting

RGconsulting

if you want to get amazing flavors try to get clone only cuts. they are selected among 100's of seeds
don't flush your crop (if you make a senescence its killing aromas big time)
feed the right amount to keep green healthy plants until the chop day
let the medium dry out to stimulate flower/aroma production

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I just finished a pheno hunt.....30 seeds planted....one keeper found
There were a couple more ok but agree with RG, if conditions are optimal then the genetic is not what u were lookin for...

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

if you want to get amazing flavors try to get clone only cuts. they are selected among 100's of seeds
don't flush your crop (if you make a senescence its killing aromas big time)
feed the right amount to keep green healthy plants until the chop day
let the medium dry out to stimulate flower/aroma production
What if medium is water?

RGconsulting

RGconsulting

What if medium is water?
you can grow nice harvests in deep water culture but this method is more suited to vegetative crops
its not a hazard if green crops like lettuce, herbs .. are grown in water and fruit/flower crops like tomatoes, cumcumber, chilis .. are grown in "solid" medium
to stimulate generative growth (fruits/flower production) you need bigger dryback than in vegetative growth .. and a relatively dryier medium
it's called crop steering

Madbud

Madbud

Hello friends 🤚

my english is unfortunately not that good, but I apologize in advance. i have a problem and that is, my flowers never smell intense. i have already finished 6 grows with around 15 different strains. Including many skunk varieties, but always only a weak aroma. i have tried many fertilizers and soils (always organic) different water, different watering methods, soil improved with perlite. My temperature is always around a maximum of 24 degrees and never below 20. I have optimal conditions everywhere but my weed never develops an intense odor. It has a strong effect, but no aroma ...

I hope you can help me
How are you drying and curing, temp, humidity, darkness?

Bambus420

Bambus420

It's not drying. The problem already exists during flowering. The plants and buds smell so little that I don't even need a filter. And that little bit of what you can smell always smells the same regardless of the strain. It smells slightly lemon and vegetable, but always the same and only very weak. I use expensive feminized seeds from high quality seed banks.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Never came across that problem, where im at cultivating is illegal and it seems all i get is prison weed, do not grow skunk strains bc that is surest way to get caught but i have had some real stinkers, im sorry cant help but i wish we could traid places.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I use expensive feminized seeds from high quality seed banks.
I wouldnt call it a bomb proof method! 😂 😁
Seriously, nowadays you will be surprised of how much junk is around...
My first run from seed was a disaster and i could pull off 85 seedlings and 6 strain just two phenos that were covered in resin...the rest was tea/chamomille hay grass and i payed 700 dollars
Second seed run from again reputable seedbank.....the same....top dollars.....bullshit again....
Now i only flower selected genetics from seeds that i get gifted and trade and im more than happy to still find some awesome cake crusher phenos, girl scout, blu sherbert, kosher tangie,gorilla, diesel flavors....

The seed market is like the Art market, the value is completely arbitrary and not based on quality but based on random review of "influent people" that dictate the value of the good, otherwise how can u explain a pack of 6 fem seeds for 250$ without any description and NO PICTURE!!!!! hahahahah

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hello friends 🤚

I hope you can help me
A good long cure can help anlot

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

It's not drying. The problem already exists during flowering. The plants and buds smell so little that I don't even need a filter. And that little bit of what you can smell always smells the same regardless of the strain. It smells slightly lemon and vegetable, but always the same and only very weak. I use expensive feminized seeds from high quality seed banks.
Micro nutrients and certain heavy metals are how cannsvis gets some/most of its flavor.

Cadmium is a big player from what ive read.....highly doubt this is your problem

CFC7143

CFC7143

My girl literally just started smelling
IMG 20201015 195633
IMG 20201015 195614

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

your previous harvests, how did they smoke up? what taste? and how was the smoke, good head-effect?

is it something environmental factor, masking/killing smells?

and here i am, totally stunk out, tell me your secret! - from the beginning of the flowering phase, to where it intensified towards the end of the grow & really strong smell when drying & curing - try mango kush and blackberry kush, it's fruity!! and when i chop up, i can smell this fruitiness, and it smokes sweet.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Hello :), can you tell us your setup? Do you run ozone at all?

Madmax

Madmax

I woulnt b too concerned about it dude..long as it smokes up good theres no problem.ive grown decades outdoors with low odour strains..i live in an illegal state..i grew some sherbet few yrs back stinky as fuck ans some scum obviously smelt it and piched abit..fucked up where i can grow now but all good 👍

Top Bottom