Mycology ;-) refresher course (Not pleasant.)

• Thread starter Skoosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skoosh

Skoosh

OK,
Denver Colorado (close enough)
High Arid Desert (super low ambient relative humidity. 10-30%)
Had a beautiful spell (75f+) followed by arctic nightmare (-20)
Humidity in the garden went through a 80% period about 6 weeks in on Sour D.
I had watered them in too much right before the cold hit.
Here's some images,
Thoughts please?
(NOTE: front range Colorado growers please, step to the front of the line.)

Mycology   refresher course not pleasant
Mycology   refresher course not pleasant 2
Mycology   refresher course not pleasant 3

Skoosh

Skoosh

The leaf discoloration started on the edges of the MIDDLE of blades, not from the inside or the tip.
Quickly becoming paper like (thin and brittle) as the tops of the highest colas rusted.
I understand systemic molds, but why did I notice the expression of unhappiness from the middle of the leaf blades?

Any thoughts would be appreciated for my next round, so I can mitigate the problem from the onset*, and not just react to it*.
(PRO active versus RE active!)

Sk
;-)_~~

*(Budget, and weather willing lol)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Ur lights are way too close. Bump them up to 2'. Unless ur happy with bleached buds that will taste like hay.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I've seen that, it's been scorched by the lights. That's what it all looks like to me, scorch. Did both effects occur simultaneously? Also, have you louped the affected areas, or put them under some kind of scope?

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

Yeah man those are light stress burns from being too close to the lamp.. looks like one of the tops has been bleached out. Don't see any signs of mold or mildew, but always make sure to filter your intake air with a hepa filter to remove those particles, along with a nice carbon filter for additional filtering and smell reduction within the room.

We are located in the front range and must have humidifiers in every room in order to keep it up near 70% where it should be. (usually about 25-45% is ambient around here.)

Now with it being flowering time in one of the rooms, we are using a Dehumidifier to keep the RH no higher than 70% until the last 2 weeks. (RH likes to rise greatly when the lights are off)

Also looks like a mild nute burn has started on the tips of the leaves..

Skoosh

Skoosh

DougNugs:
Yes, I worked pretty hard to achieve that leaf tip burn.
I certainly didn't expect the stretch (I'm max'd on light height.)
Thanks for the reassurance.
Sk
;-)_~~

Top Bottom