Mycorrhizae Fungi And April Onions

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

I use EWC in all my teas, along with molasses. Half the time that's my whole brew and I'll use that as one third strength as a foliar spray, twice a week. And drench the rest.

Homesteader

Homesteader

"We can boost fungi by boosting protozoa and the best way to do this is to plant peas in Summer. You might include three or four varieties including cowpeas, and you might toss in a sprinkle of fava beans. Boosting protozoa helps to manage bacterial overgrowth while also stimulating fungal numbers."

"the combination of oats and crimson clover is highly mycorrhizal."

"It has been shown that the generous, first exudations of annual rye serve as a superfood for soil life."

"Legumes release acids that break the bond between locked-up calcium and phosphorus in the soil, and both minerals are then available to the cash crop."

"it is essential to have a legume beneath the cereal. "

"The daikon radish will not get much bigger than pencil-thin in this limited time frame before winter, but the first nutrients it will mine at this young stage will be boron, calcium and zinc"

"The first exudation of winter oats serves to make phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) available. However, it does not make P and K available when it is in full growth."

"If I was using 70 lbs of cereal rye per acre as my base and I decided to include winter barley at 10 lbs per acre then I would reduce the cereal rye at a rate of two-to-one. I would cut the cereal rye down to 50 lbs per acre. This ratio is essential because of the thick roots at the surface. However, if I was adding triticale, then it’s a one-to-one ratio. You really need to know the root dynamics. Triticale has a long skinny root, so if I add 10 lbs of triticale, I subtract 10 lbs of cereal rye."

Top Bottom