mycorrhizal fungi as a rooting a powder?

• Thread starter TylerDurden119
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

just what the title says. i was doing some research on myco's and found an article where the guy rolls/coats the roots before he transplants(gona use this too) but then i started thinking what about using it for rooting?

gona try his out eventually but whadya think? will it work?

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I've done it before,Not so much as rolled it but sprinkled on the stem and the surrounding medium,It worked!I also just started using Azos by Extreme gardening and it works great all by itself in my clone machine

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I've done it before,Not so much as rolled it but sprinkled on the stem and the surrounding medium,It worked!I also just started using Azos by Extreme gardening and it works great all by itself in my clone machine

In addition to rooting hormone or by itself? I was thinking by itself but curious cause I wanna try.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

The Azos works all by itself,jus soak them for a min. and then into the cloner! No rooting hormones needed,and it actually greened them up too! They have some good videos on youtube u can watch! Stuff is pretty amazing at how well it works!

S

So_CaL_Sativa

Heck yeah the fungi help!

Oregonizm works great as a bare root soak, also try humix from bio ag as a bare root soak and foliar spray before transplanting, between the two of them they will save about two weeks of shock.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

The Azos works all by itself,jus soak them for a min. and then into the cloner! No rooting hormones needed,and it actually greened them up too! They have some good videos on youtube u can watch! Stuff is pretty amazing at how well it works!

Thanks for the info!! I ordered some and await it's benefits. I use clonex and schultz rooting powder (rootone)and they work but if I could get better results I'll try..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You could use absolutely nothing and get roots in 7-10 days. Mycos do not come out of stasis unless there is a root in the vicinity.

After the roots pop, yes. As a rooting agent,no.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

This is true,have rooted many clones that have just been forgot about in a cup of water,But the Azos are what really work for cloning!!

P

paulycali

Adding beneficials when no roots are visable is a waste if you ask me and i sure wouldnt sprinkle or spray anything on leaves to feed them

When there no roots the plants feed through the leaves and you cant apply powdered or liquid myccoryzie to the leaves

Just wait for roots then apply

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Adding beneficials when no roots are visable is a waste if you ask me and i sure wouldnt sprinkle or spray anything on leaves to feed them

When there no roots the plants feed through the leaves and you cant apply powdered or liquid myccoryzie to the leaves

Just wait for roots then apply
I agree very much, once them roots get rolling add away!

Top Bottom