Mylar sheeting or white walls?

• Thread starter Spacecadet01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheeseman

iv had no probs wiv mylar and think it works just aswell as white walls wen i first started i had a painted room and was pulling 20 oz of cheese of 1 plant then i changed to mylar a year lata and my yield went up by 10 oz under a 600w light so that 30 oz a plant in 1.2sqm so i guess its up 2 who growing it and the experience of the person

J

Jalisco Kid

ukc A 1/3 increase is a bit much, for a reflective material. They would be all over it if they could prove a 10 % increase. Maybe you just got better at reading your plants. JK

F

fruitloops

mylar is best with a big area. it does cause hot spots. but not a big problem if you have everything controlled. mylar increases my thc and yield. alot.... the buds have the chance too develope from all angles. from the bottom of the dirt and up.. but is a must for maxium thc.

D

dredidread

i guess just like everything else it just breaks down to personal preferences. maybe try both, and see which you prefer. thats usually what i do when everyones opinion is confusing me.

A

addicted

Ok, It would seem to me that the main problem with using Mylar is cleaning it up? Right???

Because you would think it would affect the reflectivity?

But in theory, wouldn't the flat white be just as grimed up as the mylar, but just 'appear' to be cleaner?? If it effects the mylars reflectivity why would it not effect the flat white? I guess what I am saying is at the end of the day all the shits the same even if you can't see it.

I guess I am partial to mylar as it is all I have ever used and ever will. Can't argue with proven 97% reflectivity...

Q

Qman

pulling 20 oz of cheese of 1 plant then i changed to mylar a year lata and my yield went up by 10 oz under a 600w light so that 30 oz a plant

So,,, you where getting over a LB. off 1 plant? then you switched to Mylar and got 10 more oz.?

Now you are getting almost 2 LBS. off 1 plant? off of a 600w :smirk

Is Cheese that big of a producer?

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Flat white walls works best for me mylars a pain in the ass.

P

PK PLANTER

the thing is that with mylar u gonna clean it every so often otherwise it will get dirty and lose its reflectiveness. I personal like the black and white panda, or just the white walls. when it comes down to it, painting the walls is usually a good choice, semi-gloss white walls are easier to wipe down than a flat paint, or a paint will little or no gloss thats something to keep in mind if painting.

C

CheebaMonkey

When I open my homeade grow cab the white walls are blinding. I seriously have to wear sunglasses. But when I open my mylar tent it's really not that hard on the eyes. I don't know if that's a good way to judge reflectivity

Top Bottom