Mystery ChemDawg @6wks **Looks 2 yellow early**

• Thread starter kes5480
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kes5480

i ran this plant several times and have never had it start yellowing so early. it is by far the frostiest i have ever seen this cut, nugs look small2 but i did top the shit outta it. im supposed to start flushing in 2days but it already looks flushed.lol

heres the pics, tell me what u think
PA220091.JPG
PA220090.JPG
PA220108.JPG
PA220088.JPG
PA220089.JPG
PA220052.JPG
PA220053.JPG
PA220086.JPG
PA220083.JPG
PA220082.JPG
PA220085.JPG
PA220084.JPG
PA220087.JPG

it smells fuckin awesome and i cant wait to smoke some. very stinky sweet fruity pine type funk:banana1sv6:

K

kes5480

by the end of week 8 this thing will be totally yellowed out...talk about flushed.

B

biggs

could possibly be ph? whats your room temps running at, and what temps are the water your feeding your plants. i've had plants look very similar when i had a drop in room temps, and my rez was too cold too.

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
After you cut them down, pull the plants and check your roots with a scope... I bet you have root aphids by the looks of your leaves.

K

kes5480

root aphids? really? should i get it away from my other plants then??

K

kes5480

could possibly be ph? whats your room temps running at, and what temps are the water your feeding your plants. i've had plants look very similar when i had a drop in room temps, and my rez was too cold too.

room is constant 78 light on and 70 lights off. always ph at 6.3 water is always room temp

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
If it was root aphids that bad you'd probably see some fliers, have you seen what you thought were fungus gnats?

Could also be a lock-out from super-soggy soil... have you been letting it get a little dry between feedings?

K

kes5480

yea i have fungus gnats...almost got rid of em all tho.
and yea im very big on letting my medium dry out in between waterings/feedings

K

kes5480

so i'm gonna assume i have root aphids.
should i treat all my plants? I have the Sierra Natural Science concentrated stuff
111023-150647.jpg
should i use this ? i have never had root aphids before.
also should i remove that plant and get it away from other plants? can i infect my other plants or is it to late???
thanks for all the help people...much respect

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
root aphids? really? should i get it away from my other plants then??

I personally don't think that the problem is root aphids. For one thing, the timing is wrong, for another, while the plants look weird, they don't look all that bad. If you suspect root aphids, then put up yellow sticky traps and monitor daily.

I also happen to like to see a good late flowering fade on the plants, so that all by itself, wouldn't bother me. However, all that said, I believe there maybe a problem with phosphorus, a very mobile element. Have you ever noticed reddened petioles?

I don't know anything else about your growing methods, so I'm reluctant to make further suggestions.

Determine for certain what the bugs are. Pull apart a root ball on one of the plants and look for larvae versus aphids.

K

kes5480

i really dont think its root aphids. i do have fungus gnats but i use fly strips(sticky trap things) and they are almost gone. i let the soil dry out really good inbetween waterings to control the gnats. I though the plant had a nute defeciency of some sort it was a lil yellow right when i flipped her and just got a lil worse each week. i notice the buds are half the size they were my last plant(cuts off of same mom) . i did top it twice as much and maybe thats why the buds are smaller...cuz i got more of em? does that make sense? Anyways i though maybe it was a nitrogen(or potasium or phosphorus?) hog and i wasnt keepin up with her needs??? Well im gonna start flushing her anyways so it doesnt really matter at this point. I am gonna inspect the shit outta that plant to see if i can learn something from her autopsy...lol

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the reply's...this is why i love it here so much, one big happy(most of the time) family.
peace
kes5480

seamaiden, thank u for helping out..i think some are a bit redish purple but im gonna have to check wen lites come on...keep ya posted:banana1sv6:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i really dont think its root aphids. i do have fungus gnats but i use fly strips(sticky trap things) and they are almost gone. i let the soil dry out really good inbetween waterings to control the gnats. I though the plant had a nute defeciency of some sort it was a lil yellow right when i flipped her and just got a lil worse each week. i notice the buds are half the size they were my last plant(cuts off of same mom) . i did top it twice as much and maybe thats why the buds are smaller...cuz i got more of em? does that make sense? Anyways i though maybe it was a nitrogen(or potasium or phosphorus?) hog and i wasnt keepin up with her needs??? Well im gonna start flushing her anyways so it doesnt really matter at this point. I am gonna inspect the shit outta that plant to see if i can learn something from her autopsy...lol

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the reply's...this is why i love it here so much, one big happy(most of the time) family.
peace
kes5480

seamaiden, thank u for helping out..i think some are a bit redish purple but im gonna have to check wen lites come on...keep ya posted:banana1sv6:

Oh man, what you describe are classic signs of the root aphids. Would you like to know something else? That drying cycle that we like to use to control fungus gnats actually helps grow more root aphids.

I have spent a lot of time trying to get plants stressed out by doing things like topping, and so far, I have yet to see it cause the problems you are reporting now. So, no I don't think the topping may have caused these problems or the smaller buds. Root aphids, however sure do.

P

plazma

Looks kind of like thrips to me, the plants look exactly like mine did when i had thrips, look at how its speckled white on the leaves and it almost looks like a bunch of white thc crystals, but if u flip over the leaves look and see if you see bugs, like little pencil head specks running around, there hard to see, very hard, just my opinion, thrips really never did anything to the bud, but I know they were sucking a little bit of crap from the leaves which the plants needed.

K

kes5480

Thank you farmers for the help. well I ended up pullin that plant at 63days and the yeild was pathetic got about a 32g. dry.
What i did was pull the plant from the pot after i chopped her. when i pulled up the plant the entire inner section of her (the smaller pot i transplanted from) stayed like the form of the old pot. it never rooted out into the new pot and soil?????????so i was thinking i either really f'd up and never let her dry out in between waterings(like i always do.idk how this would happen) or i flipped her to soon after i transplanted and didnt give her roots time to get established in there bigger pot. idk does that sound right????
oh yea and there was no sign of any rooth aphids i scoped everything in that pot(took me 3hours) I really wanted to find out my problem.
so thats what i think anyways.
any info would be very much appreciated.
peace
kes5480

CageyBee

CageyBee

Sometimes ill see this happen if i cut my nitrogen too early into flower. Now ill run a transition mix of both veg and bloom nutes up until about week 3-4 of bloom. Then i switch it over to straight bloom nutes and gradually raise the levels up for the most productive stage of flower(weeks 6-9 depending on strain). Now i get my fade a bit later into bloom and see less yellowing early into flower.

I also see the yellowing start from the portion of the plant that gets the most light and it will spread out from there. Leads me to believe my plants are searching for energy to bring up to the flowers and drawing it from the leaves. This would make sense b/c the portion of the plant that gets the most light would be using the most energy to build flowers. Something to chew on....

I think not letting them stretch their legs in those new pots could cause problems too.

T

thumpnasty

i have made the mistake of flipping too soon after i repot, i try to get um the pots they are gonna be flowered in at least two weeks before i flip.

Top Bottom