mystery wilt/droop

• Thread starter Black Lab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Black Lab

Black Lab

I have some Chemdog D x GSC in veg about 40 days out from seed. They look great but at the end of every 18 hour light session they look droopy. They start off looking great when the lights come on and do well until the last 4 to 5 hours of the photo-period. It's not over watering or temps too cold. Any idea why they fade like that?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Without pics all I can say is its probably environmental stress. Heat can do that as well as low RH. Often times it's over watering but you say it's not that.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
If the plants have positive body language at lights on and all day mainly, then your fine. I see thick leaved plants, like bubbas and the like that get tired of the long days...Once you go to flower you will never see it, ime. Not all strains like 18hrs of light and need a break. How many days outside are hot and have no shade for 18hrs???

Black Lab

Black Lab

Thanks Skunk, I know pics help but I am hesitant to post pics until I can turn off the geo locator on my phone. I read on one of the posts that the geo marker on phones is readable on all photos. Gotta look into this more before posts. Might be RH it has been low in 30 and 40's. The plants recover real well by the time it's light on.

Black Lab

Black Lab

If the plants have positive body language at lights on and all day mainly, then your fine. I see thick leaved plants, like bubbas and the like that get tired of the long days...Once you go to flower you will never see it, ime. Not all strains like 18hrs of light and need a break. How many days outside are hot and have no shade for 18hrs???
Thanks Baba, that might explain it. They look so good at beginning of light schedule but every time towards the end they look tired.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Thanks Skunk, I know pics help but I am hesitant to post pics until I can turn off the geo locator on my phone. I read on one of the posts that the geo marker on phones is readable on all photos. Gotta look into this more before posts. Might be RH it has been low in 30 and 40's. The plants recover real well by the time it's light on.
that's part of it too, after 18 hrs of light the plants have slowed transpiration and medium is drier than at lights on and the room is prob at it's warmest and driest...foliar during the dark period to help with the plants stress.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Most strains I've dealt with do this at lights out. I just call it "sleeping". If they look happy and healthy with lights on then they'll be fine. Sometimes they'll start to droop in anticipation of lights out.

Black Lab

Black Lab

that's part of it too, after 18 hrs of light the plants have slowed transpiration and medium is drier than at lights on and the room is prob at it's warmest and driest...foliar during the dark period to help with the plants stress.
baba, I have wanted to say thank you for solving a problem I had in the past. I had grown out some seeds into really nice 10-12 inchers with good stalks and branches. One morning when I was moving them in one gal pots, to water, a bunch of them just snapped and broke off at ground level. I had no idea what happened until one day I came across a post from you warning about using a dome after the seeds broke ground. That was it! That's what I had done, I kept them under the dome for too long. Thanks again for solving a big mystery for me. I owe you one :)

Black Lab

Black Lab

Update: You were right. I flipped to 12/12 a couple of days ago and droop no mas!

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Glad I found this thread, woke up today and checked on the ladies, they had about a half hour left of their 18 hr light cycle, and one of the strains was wilted like it was thirsty or I drowned it. It had just been watered so I ruled out te medium drying. So I thought it was too much water b/c I just installed a drip system. Stuck my fingers in the medium (botanicare aeration) and it felt fine, not soupy or anything like that.
So fingers crossed, I'll check on em again at lights on in 6 hrs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom