N.F.T discussion ~ Strains that work well, techniques etc..

• Thread starter euroboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

euroboy

There is a LOT of undercurrent chatter, a little aeroponic chatter. I thought I would start this thread and see if I could connect with any other NFT users out there.

I am now setting up again after moving from Europe to B.C, Anyone else interested in discussing NFT set ups and use, Sea of green, Growing Haze strains, different techniques, growing with LED lights...lets chatter.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use an nft aspect in my gm's but I have seen to much root disease in open nft troughs.
I love my hazes I will add some new genetics of tom's puple haze to my haze I have been running ten years at the ranch. I hope to have some new buds to burn by New Years. JK

E

euroboy

We always kept our reservoir temp at about 68F 20c (No Higher), covered from light, aerated the res and added some H2o2, never in years did we have a problem with root rot or ugly buglys nibbling on the roots. we would change the res solution weekly, flush the root mass with 6.2 water, clean the res + pump with bleach dilluted water, rinse then re-fill the res.

E

euroboy

After cycling through NL5 for many years I am working with Angel heart now, so I am pretty excited about growing with this strain. As soon as the clones take root, they are placed into the rockwool cubes and put into the system 24 hrs for 7 days, then into 12/12. once I have played with the nutrient make up a little more and am happy, I am going to run a few cycles with the HID, then will be getting in an LED from Hydro Grow http://www.hydrogrowled.com, check out LEDGirl. This company appears to have done homework in relation to light research vs. any other company I have stumbled across. This should be a good benchmark as well, after running the system with HID, knowing what gm per sq metre I am getting, then run the pepsi challenge with the LED. Less heat exchange, less humidity to deal with will be great positives, extra money to spend on nutrients another big positives.

T

TheGrowNinja

ill be tuned into this thread. never grown, but want a ponic sog, maybe nft would be the way to go in a 4x4 or 5x5.

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
I 've used and still use NFT many times in my gardens... House garden nutes full line wth CX regen root...

Only problem i've ever had was when a plant came disconnected at the root matting and die and had a knock on affect which hindered rest of my crop and slow it down...

Flush and changing nutes can be a bit of pain but apart from that happy days :cool0019:

dayday

H

Hlg09

I dont know about nft but I am planning on givin deep chunk a run in my 14 site aero unit. Veggin for 1 or 2 weeks and straight into flower.

Top Bottom