N overdose? Need advice. AmokNewb’s second grow.

• Thread starter AmokNewb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Good afternoon!

First a quick rundown; I have two plants going at the moment Rose who is the strong grower and Amy the runt. Amy the runt is showing some weird signs of curling leaf tips and just starting to show some yellow spotting. Here is my stats as of this morning.

Media: 70/30 coco/perlite
Nutrients per g: 1ml Armor-si, 5ml CaliMagic, 2.5ml FloraMicro, 2.5ml FloraGro, 1ml FloraBloom, 5ml Diamond Nectar, 5ml Terpinator.
PPM: 650
PH: 5.8 to start and let it drift to 6.5
Feeding: 4x a day 7.5 hours apart auto DTW system.
Reservoir: 27g tote
Reservoir temp: 68f
Tent: 2.3’x2.3’x5.2’ MarsHydro
Tent temp: 77f
Tent humidity: 60
Strain: Gorilla Glue #4 Auto (Growers Choice)
Plant age: 17 days into veg
Number of plants: 2
Lights: Spider Farmer SF4000 @ 450w
PPFD: 400ish
Light distance: 20”
Light cycle: 20/4

I just recently like yesterday or the day before upped my PPM from 550-600 to 650. 50 of that is the Terpinator and that says it shouldn’t cause any burn. Other than that both plants have had the same treatment this far.

Remedies so far; So far I have flushed Amy with 6.2 PH RODI water and cut my reservoir solution to 600ppm. That was this morning and I will check on her this afternoon and through the day.

Ideas: I was thinking if I flush a little after every watering for awhile or until she can handle that much N then let her feed normally. Other than that I have no clue what to do and be good for both plants.

Any ideas or help would be wonderful. If I left any info out of my setup let me know.

Some pictures:

Amy closeup, side and top:
N overdose need advice amoknewbs second grow

N overdose need advice amoknewbs second grow 2

N overdose need advice amoknewbs second grow 3

Rose the healthy plant side and top:
N overdose need advice amoknewbs second grow 4

N overdose need advice amoknewbs second grow 5

Garden for reference:
N overdose need advice amoknewbs second grow 6

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

So what type of coco and was it buffered? And why are you flushing with a 6.5 ph. You want to keep it in the 5.8-6.2 range for coco.

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

So what type of coco and was it buffered? And why are you flushing with a 6.5 ph. You want to keep it in the 5.8-6.2 range for coco.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I can’t remember the brand of coco but it was bagged prewashed and buffered. I rewashed and buffered it with CalMag prior to planting. Also sorry that was a typo I meant 6.2ph. I will try to edit that in the post.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Check your runoff PH. That will give you a better idea of root zone PH and if lockout may be occuring.

R

rangabud

Are you sure ots not light stress?
That sf4000 light is way to powerful for a 2.3 x 2.3 tent it must only just fit in there.
I would be aiming for atleast 24" above the plants and dimmed to around 25%. Even in full flower I doubt they will take 50% power at 24" height

Also I wouldn't drift you ph all the way to 6.5 I think you should only go to 6.2

Does look like you ha e a bit of tox aswell plants that size shouldn't need much nutes I would probably be at around 0.8 ec at that stage and I have hard water that comes out the tap at 0.4 to start with. Just realised your growing autos too I'm not sure about auto as I've never done 1 but as far as I know they don't take as much nutes as photos

Last edited:
AmokNewb

AmokNewb

That sf4000 light is way to powerful for a 2.3 x 2.3 tent it must only just fit in there.
I would be aiming for atleast 24" above the plants and dimmed to around 25%. Even in full flower I doubt they will take 50% power at 24" height
They were at almost 30% lowered my lights to 20% this should help some hopefully. I remember reading somewhere that lowering your lights while diagnosing can help slow them as well.

Also I wouldn't drift you ph all the way to 6.5 I think you should only go to 6.2
Yeah that is an extreme I usually aim for around 5.9 to 6.2 but on some occasions it gets away from me for at most a night.

Does look like you ha e a bit of tox aswell plants that size shouldn't need much nutes I would probably be at around 0.8 ec at that stage and I have hard water that comes out the tap at 0.4 to start with. Just realised your growing autos too I'm not sure about auto as I've never done 1 but as far as I know they don't take as much nutes as photos

I did lower my nutes PPM by 50, I’m nervous to lower to much as my other plant is doing really well. I have to hopefully find a balance for both plants. As they are fed off the same res. But if needed I’ll dilute my res a bit more tomorrow and see how it goes.

Again thanks for the replies everything helps narrow it down or mitigate the problem.

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

So quick update this morning on poor little Amy…

It’s actually fairly good news. After a little less light and lighter nutes, she actually did not really progress in a bad way at all. And new growth albeit slow is not showing any signs of stress other than by my own hand. Which is a good sign because she was getting bad quickly yesterday. I’ll keep an eye on here for the next few days and try to make the right adjustments. This is the first time I am vegging with this large light. Last run I vegged with a MarsHydro 150w that came with the tent. I just didn’t want to try and swap them out when the plants were bigger, it was a pain last time.

Here are a few pics:

Day 18: Amy recovery and after I man handled her a bit.
9F6E998A 34E4 453D 8392 3A64C3EAF930

D8C96F97 CF7E 4434 AEC0 68FA1BFA55FC

R

rangabud

Honestly you should consider a 4x4 tent for that light.
150 - 200w quality led light is plenty for a 2.3 x 2.3 tent you have 450w.
I run 3 sf2000 (200w each) in a 5x5 tent wich is 5 times the square footage of your tent and have to dim them cos my plants keep getting too close and that's at 18" I find much under 24" and I get light stress.

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Honestly you should consider a 4x4 tent for that light.
150 - 200w quality led light is plenty for a 2.3 x 2.3 tent you have 450w.
I run 3 sf2000 (200w each) in a 5x5 tent wich is 5 times the square footage of your tent and have to dim them cos my plants keep getting too close and that's at 18" I find much under 24" and I get light stress.
Yeah this light barely fits and is a beast, my last run went quit well with it in flower in this tent. I had it dialed in quit nicely for the space. The biggest problem I had is one of my plants outgrew the space in height during stretch while the other was a good foot+ shorter lol. I do plan on expanding or getting a 4x4 as soon as I have some more funds and pull the trigger. 😬🤓

Naughtynodes

Naughtynodes

I agree to high of a ppm for that little lady

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

I agree to high of a ppm for that little lady
Yup I think we have her dialed in all the while keeping the other plant happy since they eat from the same umbilical 🤓

This is her from yesterday morning after a haircut the evening before. She is also showing some pistils. Don’t mind my knee… 🤷🏻‍♂️
0F1D1FEC 844A 43A9 AA82 524FAD082209

Latest posts

Top Bottom