N Toxicity?

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Whats up everyone! So, I started using caps bennies daily in a new room. I noticed that the plants starting showing major signs of N toxicity. Here is whats going on. Plants are in veg, 7 and 10 gallon pots. Schedule has been feed/tea/feed/tea/feed/water. With caps bennies I add alfalfa meal, worm castings, ancient forest humus and kelp. Feed is H16 (I feed a little under recommended dosage) I am trying to figure out where the N toxicity came from. I know with the teas my plants are eating more efficiently. I was thinking about cutting out the alfalfa meal for a while. What do you guys think?

PS plants are fed every three days.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How about reducing the main feed a bit more? Keep the same schedule, just reduce the amount. OR, conversely, you can try @Blaze 's method (go through his posts, a few weeks ago he posted about reversing N+ using ferts).

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

How about reducing the main feed a bit more? Keep the same schedule, just reduce the amount. OR, conversely, you can try @Blaze 's method (go through his posts, a few weeks ago he posted about reversing N+ using ferts).

Yeah that's what I am thinking cutting down. @waayne recommended the same thing.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Whats up everyone! So, I started using caps bennies daily in a new room. I noticed that the plants starting showing major signs of N toxicity. Here is whats going on. Plants are in veg, 7 and 10 gallon pots. Schedule has been feed/tea/feed/tea/feed/water. With caps bennies I add alfalfa meal, worm castings, ancient forest humus and kelp. Feed is H16 (I feed a little under recommended dosage) I am trying to figure out where the N toxicity came from. I know with the teas my plants are eating more efficiently. I was thinking about cutting out the alfalfa meal for a while. What do you guys think?

PS plants are fed every three days.
Two threads in a row seamaiden beat me to it. Lol. I'd turn the nutes down a touch. Alfalfa will def burn though but the benefits from using it r awesome. I'd keep the alfalfa and reduce the heavy 16. As u said the plants r processing things mor efficiently so it will take less to burn them. Ur a beast bro so whatever u decide u will be fine I have no doubt. Good luck brother!

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Two threads in a row seamaiden beat me to it. Lol. I'd turn the nutes down a touch. Alfalfa will def burn though but the benefits from using it r awesome. I'd keep the alfalfa and reduce the heavy 16. As u said the plants r processing things mor efficiently so it will take less to burn them. Ur a beast bro so whatever u decide u will be fine I have no doubt. Good luck brother!

TN your the fucking man! Happy new years bro! Happy new years @Seamaiden! Happy new years everyone

Blaze

Blaze

I know with the teas my plants are eating more efficiently..

Yup! You generally need lees nutrient input when using teas, one of the many reasons teas and bennies are so freakin' awesome. If the burn isnt too bad, just back 'em off, if they are hurting bad take alook at my posts from awhile ago using gypsum and calcium nitrate to bring them back into balance.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I am able to use less nutes with a weekly tea. If you are using the nute pack as well it has N fixing bacteria that will pull N from the air and convert to plant usable form. Try cuttign your entire base by 1/2 for a while and see what happens.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@Capulator what EC are you feeding your coco/peat mixes lately?

Top Bottom