N00B Hydro Questions

• Thread starter kanan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kanan

Hello all, my name is Kanan, and I've looked through the first couple of forum pages for these questions before making a new thread, but none seemed to have the basic newbie questions I do.

So its my first grow, I have two clones of OG Kush (probably not the best choice for a first grow but it was what was available), and I'm using a GH Waterfarm unit w/ GH nutes.

So here are my questions:

First, how long do I water for? Is it constantly on? Or a few hours each day?

2nd, my unit came with air stones, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to incorporate them into the unit. It seems there is only one hole for one pump and thats the pump to run the drip line, there is no extra hole to run an extra pump line for an air stone, do i just put it at the bottom where the first pump runs into and have the air that circulates the system just run through/come from the air stone first?

3rd, it came w/ a bigger bucket that is says is a 'reservoir' and in all the photos it shows this big bucket doing something, but it doesn't mention it in the instructions at all, and i can't seem to figure out what to do w/ it other then to just hold a supply of water and/or dump old water to Xfer outside. My system came w/ a huge 1/2 inch plastic tube that I really think has something to do w/ this big bucket, but I can't seem to find any fixtures/holes anywhere or anything, so I'm going to leave it to the side for now.

4th it says to add my nutes directly to my resevoir (the one under the plant) and to stir each one in before adding the next, so does anyone have any friendly tips on an efficient way to do this? do i just take the top part (the one holding the hydroton/plant/roots) and move it to a seperate surface to sit for a minute while i change water/add nutes/stir then just move the hydroton bucket back?

Thanks alot everyone I'm sure these are very basic newbie questions but like I said I am completely new and have noone to ask for help I just got a used waterfarm w/ a box of nutes and the sellers blessings. I will post more questions as I think of them.

Also, some of the nutes that I have that aren't part of the flora series are: APS dutch master, Final Flush, and Cal Mag, also pH up and pH down but im almost out of these I will probably need more, and also a huge gallon of "Florablend" tea, part of their organic line i think.

So thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully answer these questions. I'll post more as I think of them.

K

kanan

airstone

can someone at least please tell me how to get the air stone in there? i really would like to use it...

F

f1ydave

Here is a pic from General Hydroponics showing the setup:

WF_phantom_action.jpg

Its very straight forward. What is the problem? You stack the one bucket into the reservoir bucket.

WaterFarm Assembly Guide

K

kanan

'problem'

well my problem, you see, is where does the air stone go?

i can tell that one bucket goes into another, that is pretty self explanatory... what I ended up doing was just running the air stone line in between the two buckets and just use a pen to hold it open slightly to not clamp down on the line, but do you have any other better ideas by chance?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the airstone goes in the up tube that brings the water up to the drip ring

im not sure what you did with it but each bucket should have a small stone

Top Bottom