name that bug

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Kinda looks like aphid larvae but not 100% sure. Any signs of aphids? They look like tiny grasshoppers

vaporedout

vaporedout

see i was just using the vast knowledge of the farm, this was actually a smudge on one of the cats beds (not on my plants). i put it under the scope to see what it was and boom.... so if that helps. all cats are fine (appetite, coat, weight)

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
varcarpb.jpg

Adult carpet beetles are about an eighth of an inch long, and round in appearance. The backs of the insects have much the same color scheme as the larvae. The larvae have small, hairy, soft bodies about a quarter inch long, depending on the instar. The larvae feed on a wide variety of foods, including carpets, furs, woolens, skins, stuffed animals, leather, feathers, silk and many plant products. The adults feed on nothing except pollen and nectar from flowers outside.

In spring and early summer, the adult will lay up to a hundred eggs, usually cemented to the product, or on furs, woolens or any dried natural or animal material. The eggs hatch in about three weeks.

The larval stage can withstand a long period of no food, and can molt as many as 30 times. They also prefer clothes or fabrics soiled with perspiration, body oils and urine. As with Black Carpet beetles, the adults will pupate in the last larval skin and use the last skin to hide in for as long as a month.

My guess...

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom