Name That Deficiency

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

Alright boys and girls...what is this? I'm having a hard time pin pointing his deficiency. Looks like possibly magnesium? Im going to flush with herculean harvest when my soil drys out to try and open up any nute lockout
Name that deficiency

incogneato

incogneato

how's the drainage ? i'd have 80% perlite on the bottom 3 inches , not much nutes or water ... water, water, nutes every ten days ...

what kind of soil
I didn't put perlite on the bottom because I didn't have any at the time but drainage isn't too bad though. Its black gold water hold coco blend. I've pretty much followed that feeding schedule though. I've watered twice and then did a super light feeding of nectar nutes with some bio root and molasses. Under 250 ppm altogether

incogneato

incogneato

Over newted, why are you giving a baby newts. Filtered water and let her dry out. Pot looks soaked. What are you using for soil.
Honest answer: don't know what I'm doing lol. The problem showed before I fed her any nutes so me being the newb that I am I decided to mix up some nutes and see if that helped. The nutes were extremely light, under 150 ppm. It was nectar for the gods basic line bubbled for 24 hours. The soil is black gold waterhold coco mix. It looks soaked because I just watered it before the pic.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Babies roots need to breath. Use a lighter soil for babies. No nutes till you jump up into bigger pots. Soil needs to be quality that will give her newts naturally. Rule of green thumb keep pot light not heavy but not to light for the size of the pot. And always start PH when you start newts not before. Find a standard regiment that works for you. Once you find it for your style of grow don't change it. growin this beautiful weed is a beautiful accomplishment if you can succeed. Good luck bro.
IMG 1339

incogneato

incogneato

Really
Babies roots need to breath. Use a lighter soil for babies. No nutes till you jump up into bigger pots. Soil needs to be quality that will give her newts naturally. Rule of green thumb keep pot light not heavy but not to light for the size of the pot. And always start PH when you start newts not before. Find a standard regiment that works for you. Once you find it for your style of grow don't change it. growin this beautiful weed is a beautiful accomplishment if you can succeed. Good luck bro.View attachment 638686
I appreciate the advice bro. So I shouldn't be pH ing my water until I start feeding? I had a feeling about the soil. Its good but not for seedlings. I have three sprouts that I'm waiting to transplant until I get some seedling mix. Nice looking lady BTW.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Really

I appreciate the advice bro. So I shouldn't be pH ing my water until I start feeding? I had a feeling about the soil. Its good but not for seedlings. I have three sprouts that I'm waiting to transplant until I get some seedling mix. Nice looking lady BTW.
Personally I do not ph until I start with feeding and never have had a problem. But I've always filtered water at all stages. A good quality soil will give young plants all the natural nutrients it needs.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Babies roots need to breath. Use a lighter soil for babies. No nutes till you jump up into bigger pots. Soil needs to be quality that will give her newts naturally. Rule of green thumb keep pot light not heavy but not to light for the size of the pot. And always start PH when you start newts not before. Find a standard regiment that works for you. Once you find it for your style of grow don't change it. growin this beautiful weed is a beautiful accomplishment if you can succeed. Good luck bro.View attachment 638686
Nice color there... really brought the anthocyanins out

incogneato

incogneato

I ran a flush of herculean harvest this morning. I bubbled it for 24 hours and ph'd it to 6.4 and the ppm came out to 114. I used tap water this time instead of ro. I decided to check the runoff water as I haven't done that yet and it came out at 7 ph and 214 ppm. The soil was ph'd at 6.4 at the start of the grow by way of sluury test. Thats also roughly what I've been watering at so I'm assuming there was a buildup then if the runoff was ph'd at 7. I'm hoping they look happier in the next few days. The drainage could be better so I'm going to make sure to add some perilte to the mix before I transplant

DenBloom

DenBloom

. I'll throw some pics at the bottoms but I am having some issues in my ebb and flow buckets. I can't really tell if it is a nitrogen toxicity, rootbound plants, pH or nutrient lockout, or a combination of several things. They were vigorously growing until about 2 weeks ago when they stopped suddenly, mostly still dark green, roots were totally white until I started giving SoulN to help them get their stretch on, problems started about a week and a half after starting Soul N supplement. I have 3 large plants and 3 small plants all in 4 gallon flo ebb and flow buckets (Greentrees Multiflow system) so I'm not really thinking rootbound since both ages are showing similar signs.

I did find Thrip larvae in my reservoir and treated accordingly with Bacilus Thuringiensis (israelensis) in the reservoir and am on a regular spinosad regiment every 3 days.

Large plants were getting 1000-1250 ppm (700) and small plants were getting 900-1000 (700) until I put them both on the same res and gave each 1100. This is really when I started seeing issues.

Running GenHydro 3pt Flora series in a formula known as SPURS.

The formula is
Protect-2.5
Micro-5
Grow-5
Bloom-7
Epsom Salt-.5 grams per gallon.

I have run this formula at different strengths for years for both veg and bloom with great success. Now I'm running into this and it's throwing me off a little bit.

Plants were getting fed 4 times per day, then down to 3 -2 times once I started seeing these signs, now back up to 5 for fear of rootbound plants but they still look the same.

Note. First time using SoulN on a regular veg regiment. I have since cut it and have been flushing them for the past 2 days.

Thanks

image-jpg.678401

image-jpg.678402

image-jpg.678403

+ QuoteReply

DenBloom

DenBloom

. I'll throw some pics at the bottoms but I am having some issues in my ebb and flow buckets. I can't really tell if it is a nitrogen toxicity, rootbound plants, pH or nutrient lockout, or a combination of several things. They were vigorously growing until about 2 weeks ago when they stopped suddenly, mostly still dark green, roots were totally white until I started giving SoulN to help them get their stretch on, problems started about a week and a half after starting Soul N supplement. I have 3 large plants and 3 small plants all in 4 gallon flo ebb and flow buckets (Greentrees Multiflow system) so I'm not really thinking rootbound since both ages are showing similar signs.

I did find Thrip larvae in my reservoir and treated accordingly with Bacilus Thuringiensis (israelensis) in the reservoir and am on a regular spinosad regiment every 3 days.

Large plants were getting 1000-1250 ppm (700) and small plants were getting 900-1000 (700) until I put them both on the same res and gave each 1100. This is really when I started seeing issues.

Running GenHydro 3pt Flora series in a formula known as SPURS.

The formula is
Protect-2.5
Micro-5
Grow-5
Bloom-7
Epsom Salt-.5 grams per gallon.

I have run this formula at different strengths for years for both veg and bloom with great success. Now I'm running into this and it's throwing me off a little bit.

Plants were getting fed 4 times per day, then down to 3 -2 times once I started seeing these signs, now back up to 5 for fear of rootbound plants but they still look the same.

Note. First time using SoulN on a regular veg regiment. I have since cut it and have been flushing them for the past 2 days.

Thanks

image-jpg.678401

image-jpg.678402

image-jpg.678403

+ QuoteReply
And cal mag 2 ml per gal.

Top Bottom